Custom Server tutorial

SXScarecrow

8GB, and you mean how much have I allocated to my modpack in the launcher? 2GB, jumped that up to 3GB now though.

My friend I believe is also about the same, I have him hosting so I can see the lag issues now and I get the exact same as he did. There is no single player lag, or lag on the server if you are the one hosting, so I figure it may be a problem with server ram.

38 ms ping, 3.19 mbps DL, 1.24 mbps Up

3517361699.png

I don't have any lag issues on any vanilla servers, haven't tried any modded ones though. And usually no lag with any other games, often tend to be first one loaded etc, doubt it's that.

Is any of these bukkit setting possibly relevant?

ping-packet-limit: 100

connection-throttle: 4000

timeout-time: 300

Edited by Slayer19

• Discord Moderator

Nope, you can leave those at the default settings. And yeah, 1.25 up isn't amazing but it should be enough for a couple people. When the other person is trying to connect and is experiencing major lag what is the server TPS at?

My friend who is hosting atm has a DL rate of about 90 mbps and upload of over 10 mbps, so I doubt it's his lag either. I'll check tps next time we do it, It seems the lag is upon login, and teleporting to new area.. Pretty much loading chunks, not necessarily brand new chunks either. Then My game will slowly catch up, and I will see everything at like double speed for a couple mins

Edit: The server tps was at 19.2 while I was lagging, and once I started loading it went to 20. After logging in I tried typing in chat, walking around our base and opening chests.. for me nothing until about 5 mins later, but my friend saw me moving during the time and my text, almost like it's just client-side...

Edited by Slayer19

Double posting to refresh the post, a 2 day edit doesn't work so well. I had to delete hamachi which we tried using for LAN, didn't work.. apparently that's the IP we were using for servers, and was probably screwing everything up. So I must ask, how do I get the IP for the server? I can't find out from anywhere and it's really pissing me off that something so simple is wrecking everything. -.-

• Discord Moderator

@Slayer19

If you aren't using Hamachi (and you really never should) you leave the IP settings in the server.properties file blank. You have to open a port through your firewall/router which is redirected to your local PC on the same port your MC server is running on (default/typical 25565). You can see your public IP and test the open port (when the server is active) here: canyouseeme.org

Hi, thanks for your tutorial.  I've tried making a server tons of different ways by now, and none of them seem to be working.  I'm trying to set this up so my friend can run a server of the modpack I made.

I think I deleted all the client side mods and their config files, but I'm not sure... also hopefully mods like the Hats Mod and the Smart Moving Mod count as clientside only, cause I deleted them.

Here's my latest crash report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Surprise! Haha. Well, this is awkward.

Time: 6/1/14 1:51 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/Seq
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.ILanguageAdapter$ScalaAdapter.getNewInstance(ILanguageAdapter.java:21)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:518)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:511)
	at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:92)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:634)
	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.Seq
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	... 30 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
	Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
	Java Version: 1.7.0_51, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 95899112 bytes (91 MB) / 380633088 bytes (363 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
	JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
	AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
	Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
	CraftBukkit Information: 
   Running: 
   Failed to handle CraftCrashReport:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getName(Bukkit.java:72)
	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.CraftCrashReport.call(CraftCrashReport.java:19)
	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReportCategory.func_71500_a(CrashReportCategory.java:106)
	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_71504_g(CrashReport.java:58)
	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.<init>(CrashReport.java:40)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:693)
	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)

FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.4.49.965 Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.965 60 mods loaded, 60 mods active
	mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	FML{6.4.49.965} [Forge Mod Loader] (server.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	Forge{9.11.1.965} [Minecraft Forge] (server.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	CodeChickenCore{0.9.0.9} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	ImmibisMicroblocks{57.6.4} [Immibis's Microblocks] (immibis-microblocks-57.6.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	Micdoodlecore{} [Micdoodle8 Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	PlayerAPI{1.2} [Player API] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	PowerCrystalsCore{1.1.8} [PowerCrystals Core] (PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	TConstruct-Preloader{0.0.1} [Tinkers Corestruct] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	cfm{3.2.9.2} [§6MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod] ([Forge]FurnitureModv3.2.9.2(1.6.4).zip) Unloaded->Constructed
	Autoutils{1.0.1} [Autoutils] (autoutils-1.6.4-1.0.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	Mekanism{6.0.4} [Mekanism] (Mekanism-6.0.4.42.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MineFactory Reloaded] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	CoFHCore{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Core] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	ForgeMultipart{1.0.0.219} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.219.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	ThermalExpansion{3.0.0.7} [Thermal Expansion] (ThermalExpansion-3.0.0.7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	BigReactors{0.3.3A} [Big Reactors] (BigReactors-0.3.3A.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	Natura{2.1.14} [Natura] (Natura_mc1.6.X_2.1.14.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	BiomesOPlenty{1.2.1} [Biomes O' Plenty] (BiomesOPlenty-universal-1.6.4-1.2.1.434.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	CarpentersBlocks{2.1.0} [Carpenter's Blocks] (Carpenter's Blocks v2.1.0 - MC 1.6+.zip) Unloaded->Constructed
	Chisel{1.5.0} [Chisel] (chisel-1.6.4-1.5.0fix.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	CoFHLoot{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Loot] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	CoFHMasquerade{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Masquerade] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	CoFHSocial{2.0.0.5} [CoFH Social] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	CoFHWorld{2.0.0.5} [CoFH World] (CoFHCore-2.0.0.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	FlansMod{4.1.1} [Flans Mod] (FlansMod-4.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	FoodPlus{2.8PRE4} [Food Plus] (FoodPlus-1.6.4-2.8PRE4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	GalacticraftCore{2.0.12} [Galacticraft Core] (Galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.12.1010.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	GalacticraftMars{2.0.12} [Galacticraft Mars] (Galacticraft-Planets-1.6.4-2.0.12.1010.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	ImmibisCore{57.2.0} [Immibis Core] (immibis-core-57.2.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MekanismGenerators{6.0.4} [MekanismGenerators] (MekanismGenerators-6.0.4.42.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MekanismTools{6.0.4} [MekanismTools] (MekanismTools-6.0.4.42.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MFR Compat Forestry Trees{1.0} [MFR Compat Forestry Trees] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MFR Compat Extra Trees{1.0} [MFR Compat Extra Trees] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatAppliedEnergistics{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Applied Energistics] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatAtum{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Atum] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatBackTools{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: BackTools] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatBuildCraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: BuildCraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatChococraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Chococraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatExtraBiomes{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: ExtraBiomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatForestry{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Forestry] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatForestryPre{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Forestry (part 2)] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatForgeMicroblock{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: ForgeMicroblock] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatIC2{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: IC2] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatMystcraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Mystcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatPams{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Pam's Mods] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatProjRed{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat ProjectRed] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatRailcraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Railcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatRP2{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: RP2] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatSufficientBiomes{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Sufficient Biomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatThaumcraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Thaumcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatThermalExpansion{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Thermal Expansion] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatTwilightForest{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: TwilightForest] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatVanilla{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: Vanilla] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	MineFactoryReloaded|CompatXyCraft{1.6.4R2.7.9} [MFR Compat: XyCraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.9-final.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	iChunUtil{2.4.0} [iChunUtil] (util^iChunUtil2.4.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed
	PortalGun{2.0.2} [PortalGun] (PortalGun2.0.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed
	TConstruct{1.6.X_1.5.5.7} [Tinkers' Construct] (TConstruct_mc1.6.4_1.5.5.7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	McMultipart{1.0.0.219} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.219.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
	ForgeMicroblock{1.0.0.219} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.219.jar) Unloaded
	TConstruct Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: bukkit
	Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
	Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'mcpc,craftbukkit,fml,forge'
	Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

• Discord Moderator

I think I deleted all the client side mods and their config files, but I'm not sure... also hopefully mods like the Hats Mod and the Smart Moving Mod count as clientside only, cause I deleted them.

Hats is not a client-only mod.

What version of MCPC+ are you using?  It seems like you might be missing a library.

What version of MCPC+ are you using?  It seems like you might be missing a library.

First of all, thanks for your help in my other thread. My pack works in single player now obviously :D

And I didn't see anything about downloading MCPC+ in this tutorial, I saw you post about it in another one, but when I try to download the 1.6.X files, I get a error saying I couldn't connect to the page. Is there a way to add the libraries without download MCPC+ directly?

Edit: don't really know how to quote right xD

Edited by GoldenArcher823

So I return to the community, sorry for the absence guys! Also, big thanks to plowmanplow for helping out people in this thread in my stead. You have earned yourself a cookie!

Edited by SXScarecrow

It's a scala issue, I had it on my modpack. Download scala-library-2.10.2.jar again and place in the appropriate libraries folder. For good measure, update your java to Java 7 Update 51.

Edited by SXScarecrow

• Discord Moderator

@DiddlyDoo802: I recently saw that when debugging someone's custom pack. If my memory serves (and it seldom does) that error might be related to you having the MCCapes mod on your server. That mod doesn't work on an SMP server.

i am using the .jar file provided in the very first post on this thread. and i believe that it has mcpc+

UPDATE: I took off the mcpc+ server jar and used a forge version instead (i didnt really need bukkit). My server is now working. Thanks for the help!

Edited by DiddlyDoo802