Tinker's Construct?

m2pt5

Is there any chance that Tinker's Construct might make it into Tekkit at some point? It's fairly recently been greatly improved over old versions, and I think it would be fun to have in. The level of tool customization is awesome, it adds more different ores (that aren't copper/tin again) and it even adds a couple ores to the nether.

Our reputation with modders is actually quite good, it's just a handful of dudes. Working on this Tekkit was an incredible experience because in the dev IRC channel we have, a lot of modders were working very hard to get things ready for a release. King Lemming and Machine Muse working together to get the Energetic Infuser running, Kobata of Inventory Tweaks and micdoodle8 of Galacticraft collaborating on getting the kinks worked out of the Galacticraft inventory. A lot of people working very hard to get inter-mod compatibility working because they believe in what we do. It's hard to watch so many modders work so hard to help us out and then come back to these forums and have someone tell me we have a bad reputation with modders. It's just not true.

EDIT: I apologize, I didn't respond to the original question in the OP. To answer it, we intend to put TC & Natura into some packs, but it seemed like it was sorta a "low-tech" thing so I left it out of Tekkit. I'm sure I'll end up regretting that as TC gets EVEN BETTER, because it's a great mod, but I'm gonna stick with how things are for now and see if I can't get some high-tech tool alternatives.

Natura may need world gen, but does TC have any unique stuff it generates? If not, it could always be added in at a later date - it's a great mod and if it got some sort of higher tech mod compatibility it would fit right in.

EDIT: I apologize, I didn't respond to the original question in the OP. To answer it, we intend to put TC & Natura into some packs, but it seemed like it was sorta a "low-tech" thing so I left it out of Tekkit. I'm sure I'll end up regretting that as TC gets EVEN BETTER, because it's a great mod, but I'm gonna stick with how things are for now and see if I can't get some high-tech tool alternatives.

Ok yeah I can see that - I probably wouldn't use TC much in Tekkit once I got a Power Gauntlet up and running. It's definitely low-end on the tech scale in comparison.

Natura may need world gen, but does TC have any unique stuff it generates? If not, it could always be added in at a later date - it's a great mod and if it got some sort of higher tech mod compatibility it would fit right in.

TC does add two Nether ores, so rebooting the Nether is needed. I even heard he's gonna stuff some of the old Orizon stones into the Nether via Natura.

I don't really care for TC, but Natura is not really tech-related, low or high, in my opinion. It's just adds a lot of great looking visual candy to the world. How the world looks is, I think, just as exciting and overall cool as creating huge factories or traveling to other planets.

berries and a lot of new trees in the world seems just relaxing to walk through, not?

I think Tekkit is great in it's design, and adding Natura would make it much better in my humble opinion ;-)

Natura is certainly interesting and seems to work fine in the current tekkit. However, there is no central documentation that I can find for it, making many of the plants an enormous pain to deal with, as many of them seem to have very specific growing requirements that are not always obvious. However, when they are figured out, they do make quite nice farms, although I am not sure on their automation ability yet. Having to work them by hand would be annoying.

Also, plants are clearly technical in nature, if someone is complaining about that. Industrial farms are way high tech IRL, no reason we shouldn't be able to get high tech industrial farms in technic.

Not all ore berries though, I have one type growing on the wall in one of my workrooms, full light, and its growing just fine. One of the food berries, the orange one can only grow near snow. Biome doesn't seem to matter, but if there is snow on the ground next to it, it grows.

I was literally just tinkering with the mod. Trying to make the ore berries grow modded ores for my modpack. Probably a tutorial on youtube, or maybe a handy config file, but I really was bored and decided to do it la old fashion way (Searching through code and doingbstuff till shit happens)