Conductive Pipes Not flowing

Meowmix

So I have two sets of engines working in two different places.. Magmatic engines for my house and 4 Steam Engines for a Quarry... I have the proper items flowing and inserted each engine to run and I have a wooden conductive pipe attacted to each end of the engine. However when i turn these machines on nothing comes out of the pipes(no blue light)...

Try breaking and replacing them, that often fixes them for me.

@Calvariae - the problem with energy conduits is that they're far more effort and resource-consuming to make, especially for early-stage players. You have to sit and wait for them to fill too.

So breaking them worked, but everytime the chunk unloaded it stopped workin again...So i took the advice and just went with Redstone Conduits... Didn't even knew they existed till Calvariae said... Thanks everyone for the help!

@Calvariae - the problem with energy conduits is that they're far more effort and resource-consuming to make, especially for early-stage players. You have to sit and wait for them to fill too.

In my opinion there really is no stage of play where conductive pipes are necessary/better. Sure they're cheaper, but early game it's best to have your engines in contact with the machines they're powering - which is essentially just a pulverizer and a furnace. By the time you're ready to expand into the multi-furnace/quarry stage, you should be ready to go to the Nether; a quick trip there and you have the supplies to make a crucible. Afterwards, while you construct your infrastructure so it can handle the influx of blocks, you have the conduits being made. Then it's just a matter of connecting everything to a power grid.

At least the way I've been playing, I don't see a time before I can get conduits where it's absolutely necessary to be able to transport power. Plus, I always thought conductive pipes looked ridiculous.

No, a single batch of 8 conductive pipes makes sense. For your first workshop you really only need a couple of engines hooked up to all the machines, it seems easiest to just run a single line of 8 pipes and hook everything onto that. However, beyond those that first batch of 8, everything is better with energy conduits.

In my opinion there really is no stage of play where conductive pipes are necessary/better. Sure they're cheaper, but early game it's best to have your engines in contact with the machines they're powering

Oh they're obviously not better if they jam up like that, but an engine per machine early game isn't how my friends and I progress. Maybe we're just too used to IC2, but we normally make an energy producer, some sort of storage device and then wire all of our machines up to that right from the beginning. I don't really see the point in an engine per machine when it's faster and cheaper to make conductive pipe, and we normally set up our machines the way we mean to keep them instead of having a temporary setup which we move around later. In other words:

For your first workshop you really only need a couple of engines hooked up to all the machines, it seems easiest to just run a single line of 8 pipes and hook everything onto that.

Conduits and tesseracts make a long-term setup hard though, seeing as you don't just need more advanced materials to make them but also because you need machines to fill them. It shoehorns you into a temporary setup with pipes which you're just going to dismantle later and makes conductive pipes a throwaway item you have to use but get rid of ASAP.

But if you have access to a MJ storage device, how can you not have access to energy conduits? Moving engines is really really simple compared to the IC2 setups, and when you're ready to store the energy (outside of the machines, of course) you have access to energy conduits.

But if you have access to a MJ storage device, how can you not have access to energy conduits? Moving engines is really really simple compared to the IC2 setups, and when you're ready to store the energy (outside of the machines, of course) you have access to energy conduits.

That's what I mean though, with redstone cells and redstone conduits it's much harder to set up a long-term power network. With IC2 it was quick and easy to set up a batbox, copper wire and generator to do you when you started out. As you moved up the tech tree you just swapped out the low tier machines for the higher end replacement. In new Tekkit the lowest useful level of gear, redstone cells and conduits, is actually quite advanced and needs a lot of resources to even start out compared to copper wire and a batbox and is pretty overpowered for anything an early player could need it for.

That's what I mean though, with redstone cells and redstone conduits it's much harder to set up a long-term power network. With IC2 it was quick and easy to set up a batbox, copper wire and generator to do you when you started out. As you moved up the tech tree you just swapped out the low tier machines for the higher end replacement. In new Tekkit the lowest useful level of gear, redstone cells and conduits, is actually quite advanced and needs a lot of resources to even start out compared to copper wire and a batbox and is pretty overpowered for anything an early player could need it for.

Oh, agreed, if one uses gregtech the teching is clearly slower. It feels much more fluid now though, and feels like it makes sense more. Now the natural tech solution is kinda like:

hand-tools > heat-driven (mainly) mechanics > basic electrics > advanced electrics.

I much prefer that to old tekkit's

hand-tools > electrics > electrical mechanics.

It feels more fluid and less weird. I'd say more natural, but nothing about minecraft is natural so that's kinda moot.

I kinda like that though. I always find my first (and sometimes second) setups to be temporary regardless, as I generally move my base at least once or twice depending on how far I've gotten in the game.

But since engines are so easy to move - just get a pickaxe or crescent hammer, no risk of getting destroyed etc - it's quite easy to make a permanent setup and later upgrade it anyway in the beginning. Just put the machines next to each other and put the engines behind - then when you upgrade, just remove the engines and replace them with conduits.