More ores

Real Darnok

Hey guys! I was wondering if there is a way to increase number of ores per number of blocks?

I'm playing on the server that is running on a second PC so I have access to all the files.

The reason I need this is that I don't want to destroy everything around when running multiple quarries. after a few, a huge chunk of the "environment" is destroyed and this does not look very nice :)

Perhaps there is a way to change the ratio of ores to cobble or something like this?

Many thanks!

Mess around with the '\.technic\tekkitmain\config\cofh\World.cfg' file. It should allow you to change the levels of ore generation. By default I think it only changes Vanilla ores, but there's a way to do custom ores too; my recommendation would be to snag the BigDig config file(s) and meddle around with those 'till you get a viable Tekkit config.

Edit: Also you could use that excess cobblestone to fill those holes back up (or at least the top half) with a filler.

Would the Tekkit-main work on bigdig configuration file?

Also, because I don't want to make it ridiculously filled with ores, could you tell me what the options below do? :)

iron {

I:ClusterSize=8

I:MaxY=64

I:MinY=0

I:NumClusters=20

}

I forgot to add that this is not a local machine server - not a local game opened to the network, it is a server that runs from a separate machine and I connect to it -is there still an option to use BigDig Conf file?

The reason I need this is that I don't want to destroy everything around when running multiple quarries. after a few, a huge chunk of the "environment" is destroyed and this does not look very nice :)

You could always run the quarries a few blocks underground: you'll not miss much in the way of ores, and you'll only see the quarried space if you head underground. Also, underground exhausted quarries are my favourite place to set up experiment areas and industrial plants where I don't need to worry about how they'll look from the windows of my house.

I think it's also possible to tell turtles to mine ores but leave most of the surrounding ground, but I'm not sure.

I have replaced the conf with the big dig one and it seems to work, I can't check if it has changed anything though because I'm only remotely connected to the PC at home.

In case it didn't work or did not help much, could you answer my question from my previous post? thanks! Much appreciate your help!

Would the Tekkit-main work on bigdig configuration file?

It wouldn't be 100% compatible, but all you'd have to do is change it to use the ores and their respective block id's that are in Tekkit.

Also, because I don't want to make it ridiculously filled with ores, could you tell me what the options below do? :)

I:ClusterSize=8

If an ore spawns in a chunk, this value determines how many ores will then spawn near that ore. This value is what creates veins of ores.

I:MaxY=64

The maximum altitude that this ore can spawn at.

I:MinY=0

The minimum.

I:NumClusters=20

This value determines how many times this ore will spawn in a chunk. This number doesn't take into account the ores that spawned due to the 'ClusterSize' variable (at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't, it wouldn't make any sense if it did).

I forgot to add that this is not a local machine server - not a local game opened to the network, it is a server that runs from a separate machine and I connect to it -is there still an option to use BigDig Conf file?

I've never really messed around with server stuff, but there shouldn't be any issue. Just use the altered config file when generating the server's world.

Also, I believe there's a way to affect distribution - i.e. more ores the deeper you go, or vice versa, or whatever dist. you want - but I don't know how to handle that. I believe the dist. is affected by 'WorldCustomGen.txt' in the same folder as 'World.cfg'. I think if no custom dist. is specified, then it just defaults to vanilla for vanilla ores and a uniform dist. for custom ores; I could be wrong on that though.

You could also use a Mystcraft age for your quarries, to keep them from destorying the landscape. You could even item/energy tessaract to transport the power and items automatically, along with a chunk loader of some kind.