SCIENCE!!!

lukeb28

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time dilation hurts my head. I remember reading a bit of fiction back when I was a kid. There was this alien race who had the tech to move at a significant percent of c but never did so in an emergency because they'd never get there in time if they did. I always thought that was so trippy.

I had a theory relating the infinite expansion of the universe.

Assume A=0 and B=infinity.

If A is not equal to B, then due to an exception in quantum mutation, A is equal to B.

If A divided by A is Undefined, and B divided by B is also undefined, we can deduce A divided by B is undefinable.

But if an undefinable value can be encountered in both instances, can a relation between A and B exist? And the answers are the same, however the formula can not be preformed backwards, meaning that if the values are shared, the questions are linked in some manner.

If this is to be considered truthful, A is equal to B, and can be interchanged freely, however that cannot be, because they are the complete opposite of each other, therefore creating a paradox.

Assume B was created by a mutation of A.

If this is to be assumed, B is creating an infinite amount of mass, and will, therefore expand into A. But if A is 0, that would have an undefinable mass value, therefore making the space A occupies unavailable for B to expand into that space. Therefore the A surrounding the B is mutated by nearby B, like a sort of infection, because the A that would be displaced otherwise would be unable to move, and would essentially force A into itself, which would create a void that would suck the entire universe in, and then itself, and leave behind A, because only nothing could replace nothing.

I'm still working on this. I will be doing so for a long time.

Bear in mind this was just a theory, and is not based on anything. Also I am not a student of quantum physics.

But what is a theory but a heavily worded guess?

Anyway, my science teacher said my theory is feasible.

But if only 66% of the photons survived, wouldn't that produce inequalities due to parts of collected data being destroyed? And what about the energy displaced by the broken photons, would that not merge with the surviving ones and create incorrect results with further tests on those photons if any were to be conducted?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think someone figured out a better way of firing crap into space without it breaking apart from the high G-forces on initial firing...

Well damn son, I live right out near Cochrane where this space destined potato gun lives XD.

I'm apt to question its effectiveness though. You'd essentially need to be achieving velocities much higher than orbital speeds regardless of the overall acceleration by the time it reaches the barrels end. I'm too tired to do any research right now, but does anybody know the current G tolerances that are accepted for satellite launch vehicles? 

Well damn son, I live right out near Cochrane where this space destined potato gun lives XD.

I'm apt to question its effectiveness though. You'd essentially need to be achieving velocities much higher than orbital speeds regardless of the overall acceleration by the time it reaches the barrels end. I'm too tired to do any research right now, but does anybody know the current G tolerances that are accepted for satellite launch vehicles? 

Satellites? Is that thing supposed to have enough oomph to make things go into orbit? I very much doubt that'd be possible. Maybe with some kind of magnetic assistance, but not with gasses.

You're forgetting that it's more like a missile tube than a potato gun. The one there is the small-scale mobile version, for essentially testing up to short LEO heights. The technology focuses on multi-stage launching than the classic all-in-one kick.

Precisely how is not my forte, but I'm all for innovative, and equally cost-effective, solutions for payload launchers.

I've actually toyed with a similar idea that would essentially use the fact that magnetic fields can work just fine

from slight distances to combine a regular gun and a railgun into one monstrous tube with pockets of propellant all along the sides. One use only, mind you, and I'm not sure how it would actually perform, but the idea's cool.

Edited by TheBytemaster

Need to get optical circuitry working so a multi-stage coilgun can be a viable launch mechanism.

Well, my design was to just have multiple power supplies, (IE; huge high-speed capacitors or something along the lines of the way they amplify lasers for fusion reaserch), running to each section of the barrel that would trigger as the one behind it went off, but that would work too.

Not to mention that railguns need energy on the scale of a large city's power average usage per month on a single-launch basis.

Oooooooor we could ignore that and just blow stuff up because it's cool. That sounds like a fun plan, I like that plan. This is a good plan.YOU CAN TRUST ME WITH THE RAILGUN. GIVE IT. NOW.