Shaders Mod - Point me in the right direction?

chjade84

I want to get Sonic Ether's shaders installed - and I kind of did! - but I've run into problems.

I've played with Optifine1.5.1_HD_U_D1 and Sphax's texture pack with no issues for weeks, so... time to add shaders.

I found instructions and a link to Optifine1.5.1_HD_U_A8 and ShadersMod-mc1.5.1-ofuA8-1.45 and I installed those and Sonic's shaders and it actually worked great! Except no mod's textures would load on the default or Sphax's texture pack - just clear blocks. Hardly ideal.

I've found the problem is caused by Optifine U_A8 so I can't use that version...

I've been out on my own but I can't find a matching Optifine and ShadersMod. I can get all sorts of Optifine versions, D1, C4, B1, B2, B3, etc. Problem is (as far as I can tell) karyonix is the only one developing the Shaders Mod anymore and he only has versions for Minecraft 1.4.6-1.4.7 and 1.5.2. I don't know where this guy got version 1.5.1uA8 that I downloaded...

Google has given me nothing over the course of a few days and several hours. Anyone know how to get this working?

On a side note, any word on Tekkit being updated to 1.5.2?

On a side note, any word on Tekkit being updated to 1.5.2?

Tekkit 1.1.0 is included in the launcher right now, but it is not a recommended build yet. This version updates minecraft core to 1.5.2, and includes updates to a bunch of the other core mods to 1.5.2 versions.

I've been running it for a day or so now on my server, but I don't know how long it will be until the Technic Dev team pushes it as a recommended update.

Tekkit 1.1.0 is included in the launcher right now, but it is not a recommended build yet. This version updates minecraft core to 1.5.2, and includes updates to a bunch of the other core mods to 1.5.2 versions.

I've been running it for a day or so now on my server, but I don't know how long it will be until the Technic Dev team pushes it as a recommended update.

Great, thanks!

However, I went ahead and tried 1.1.0 and it re-downloaded minecraft.jar and all of the mods and started up fine but when I went to make a single player world it got stuck at "building terrain". I deleted the .technic folder thinking maybe going from 1.0.6 to 1.1.0 was causing a problem and chose 1.1.0 before logging in so that it would just have the newer files but the problem persists.

Did you run into this at all? I saw your other post about getting a new server.jar for the 1.1.0 server - I've bookmarked that for once I get single player working!

Great, thanks!

However, I went ahead and tried 1.1.0 and it re-downloaded minecraft.jar and all of the mods and started up fine but when I went to make a single player world it got stuck at "building terrain". I deleted the .technic folder thinking maybe going from 1.0.6 to 1.1.0 was causing a problem and chose 1.1.0 before logging in so that it would just have the newer files but the problem persists.

Did you run into this at all? I saw your other post about getting a new server.jar for the 1.1.0 server - I've bookmarked that for once I get single player working!

I had a similar problem with 1.1.0, deleting CustomPorts (or whatever it's called) fixed it.

I had a similar problem with 1.1.0, deleting CustomPorts (or whatever it's called) fixed it.

Thanks, worked beautifully!

For anyone who finds this, it's CustomPortForge.jar in the coremods folder. Deleting it lets the world load again.

Progress is being made! The only other issue is EnderStorage causes a crash so it has to go - for now.

Here are my steps to getting Sonic's Shaders running for 1.5.2 if anyone needs them.

Delete .technic folder (making a backup, of course) in appdata\roaming for a fresh start

Open Tekkit launcher and let it install then select the gear icon in the top right and change the memory to 4GB (if you can - seems to help)

Save and restart

Click the gear icon by the Tekkit graphic on the left and select the latest launcher, 1.1.0.

Save and restart

Login and let it download the files

Open modpack.jar and add in the latest Optifine files OptiFine 1.5.2_HD_U_D3 from here - Delete META-INF

Add in the latest ShadersMod files shadersmod-mc1.5.2-ofud3-1.46 from here.

Delete EnderStorage 1.4.2.10.jar in the .technic\tekkitmain\mods folder

Launch game

Open texture pack folder from the "options->texturepacks" menu and add texture packs if you wish.

Open shaders folder from the "options->shaders" menu and add SEUS v10 RC7 ULTRA shaderpack from here or whatever shaderpack you like.

Enjoy!

There will be an error when joining a world saying it is missing EnderStorage files which would be expected since we deleted the .jar. How do I tell it not to look for that anymore?

• 1 month later...

Hey guy.

I can't upgrade my minecraft.jar to 1.5.2 because the server i'm playing on will stay at 1.5.1 unitl an upgrade of a new frontier.

Is there any chance to get a shader mod working with minecraft 1.5.1?

I've tried all day but neither the older or newer opti fine versions will work with 1.5.1. And i couldn't manage to run a shader mod with the 1.5.1er opti fine version yet