Up and running, now what do I do with all this cobblestone?

dirtyword

What do you guys do once your quarries are up and running, pumping an ungodly amount of cobblestone (and dirt) into your storage system?

Is there a use for this junk that I just can't think of in the new Tekkit?

You could use it in a condenser before, doing away with it and converting it to useful material.

At this point, I'm dumping it in lava, but it feels wasteful. Any good ideas?

Put it in a DSU. Mass storage for a block with barely any use and a huge supply.

You could also try using it to fill quarry holes using a filler. Other than that, it's basically useless.

Although doubling your ores that way is kinda slow, it provides a small chance of getting Rich Slag. When you smelt an ore with rich slag in an Induction Smelter (Not an induction furnace), you'll get 3 ingots instead of 2 dusts or ingots.

Not necessarily better, but I've had some difficulty getting minium stone recipes to work in ME Crafting. Haven't tried the latest version, some ME Crafting seems to be working better (redstone energy cell) so I can check it out again. ME is a bit more complex, cyclic assembler might be easier for someone familiar with RP2 project tables or BC auto crafting tables.

• 3 months later...

Minimum stone lets you upgrade some of it. I found energy condensers to be game-breakingly OP. With an energy condenser there is so much you never have to build because you can just turn stone into whatever you need.

When I need lots more I pump it into a gold chest. When I need none I void pipe it. When I need some I set my diamond quarry pipe so some-dirt n stone go to the void and some goes to a chest. Its random how much but it works out to be about half in the long run.

You can also use it to fill in the interior spaces in your friends houses, you know, just so they are thinking about you...

I use it in Singularities using the ME Condenser. Requires 256,000 of any item that is destroyed.

Its basically a wireless connection for the ME system. Sorta costly though but I don't have to drop down back to earth to grab some stuff when I forget it on my space station.

I've gone through about 10,000 tin trying to build a star trek space ship in space... and I'm gonna make it self sustaining without external input.

personally i count my cobble as extra materials because of minium stone and processing, i mean what if i want to make a 5 million block glass monumenton the spur of the moment? you never know.

and I love using it (cobblestone) to build endless bridges through the nether; works great as a ghast-proof highway, especially with turtles automating the highway-building process.