Need a protection plugin for Tekkit 1.5.1

Erik Mancha

So when I ran my old server back in Tekkit classic 1.2.5 I used to have a few great plugins to protect my players from griefers, such as TekkitRestrict and TekkitCustomizer, but now in 1.5.1 it seems that anyone can grief and bypass protection plugins whenever they'd like to. I just had my world griefed today and I'm very shocked that there isn't one thing I can do to fight against it.

If there are any plugins out there for 1.5.1 please tell, or if you are a developer, this is a huge opportunity for you.

Grief Prevention works just fine with Tekkit, since the author is mod-friendly: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/grief-prevention/

Remember that you also need MCPC+ to run Bukkit plugins with Tekkit. Do NOT get BukkitForge for this purpose. I don't know why people even recommend it since most plugins don't work or work half-assedly. MCPC+ can be found at: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/

Grief Prevention works just fine with Tekkit, since the author is mod-friendly: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/grief-prevention/

Remember that you also need MCPC+ to run Bukkit plugins with Tekkit. Do NOT get BukkitForge for this purpose. I don't know why people even recommend it since most plugins don't work or work half-assedly. MCPC+ can be found at: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/

Do you realize I owe my life to you now? That just helped so much :)))))

I have posted so many threads with problems, and this one right here just solved almost all of them. :)

I just tested Grief Prevention and it works very nicely for all default minecraft stuff. But it doesn't protect against quarrys. Player can put quarry outside protected region and it will demolish protected areas.

It also doesn't prevent griefers from from changing Thermal Expansion machines, redstone signals.

Combustion engines gets stuck in blow-up loops if they overheat. Basically they will keep blowing up over and over but refuse to destroy them selves. So the explosion will freak out and never end.

Could you please let me know if there is a way to fix these issues? Would be much appreciated.

Do you realize I owe my life to you now? That just helped so much :)))))

I have posted so many threads with problems, and this one right here just solved almost all of them. :)

Glad I was helpful. Read Pewx's warnings as well:

I just tested Grief Prevention and it works very nicely for all default minecraft stuff. But it doesn't protect against quarrys. Player can put quarry outside protected region and it will demolish protected areas.

It also doesn't prevent griefers from from changing Thermal Expansion machines, redstone signals.

Combustion engines gets stuck in blow-up loops if they overheat. Basically they will keep blowing up over and over but refuse to destroy them selves. So the explosion will freak out and never end.

Could you please let me know if there is a way to fix these issues? Would be much appreciated.

As far as being able to change or access machines or containers, you have to edit the configuration file and add all Tekkit items. Here's mine. It works for everything I've tried it on such as ME chests, access terminals, TE machines, energy cells, engines, etc. As for destructive blocks like the quarry, turtles, and minium stones, I don't think there's a known fix for those, so if you have a public server then either get staff to enforce the law manually or ban the recipes. That's why I run a whitelisted server. As for exploding engines, that is a big problem. I had that happen to me once and the only way I could contain it was with WorldGuard's /stoplag command, but it killed all farm animals in loaded chunks in the process.

Thank you for the list!

In creative mode you can fly up to engines and destroy them. That will make the explosions stop. However I can believe that combustion engines would overheat without purpose quite frequently. Which makes it a big problem indeed. Enabling explosions above sea level may solve it. Can it be enabled for certain blocks only or does it have to be enabled for all blocks?

I also noticed some dynamites that you can throw. It destroys protected regions. They are not blocks so I guess they have to be disabled completely.

Managed to fix the combustion issue.

Added this to explosions:

- 507:*:BuildCraft Engines

- 5387:*:Golden Conductive Pipe

- 5388:*:Stone Conductive Pipe

- 5389:*:Wooden Conductive Pipe

I still have problem with new liquids such as Resonant Ender Bucket. It can be used to grief quite easily.

Anyone have solution for new liquids?