Let's Test Tekkit 1.1.4!

CanVox

Hey, everyone,

I've just promoted Tekkit 1.1.4 to Latest. There are a ton of key mod updates, the update to Minecraft 1.5.2, along with several new mods! We've got Project Bench, a direct drop-in replacement for the RP2 project bench, a couple new generators, Logistics Pipes, and Simple Power Storage, by Technic's sct! SPS adds a "Makeshift Energy Cell" which can be used as an early-game alternative to the Redstone Energy Cell!

If you're interested in helping test, back up your worlds (SSP or server) and set your launcher up to use the "Latest" build, or manually select version 1.1.4. Play with us and report issues in this thread!

This is a clean slate, so even if you've already reported an issue elsewhere (including the 1.1.1/2 threads), if it's present in 1.1.4, be sure to report it in this thread.

The 1.1.4 server can be downloaded here:http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/tekkitmain/Tekkit_Server_v1.1.4.zip

Changelog for Tekkit 1.1.4- this is a list of all changes since 1.0.6:

- Update Forge to build 734.

- Corrected a rare crash bug in the Forge transparency fix

- Some redundant APIs were removed from the jars of the following mods, in order to reduce PermGen size: MFFS, MineFactory Reloaded, Atomic Science, and Modular Powersuits.

- Atomic Science has been tampered with using a hex editor to fix the thermometer and hazmat recipes.

- Added Project Bench version 1.7.5

- Added Atomic Science version 0.5.3.51

- Added MFFS version 3.0.2.124

- Added Open Peripheral version 0.1.5

- Added Buildcraft: Logistic Pipes version 0.7.3.6

- Added Simple Power Storage version 1.0.10

- Equivalent Exchange 3 version pre1h has had a crash bug removed

- Balkon's Weapon Mod updated to version 1.12

- bspkrsCore updated to version 2.07

- Buildcraft updated to version 3.5.3

- Chicken Chunks updated to version 1.3.2.12

- Code Chicken Core updated to version 0.8.7

- Computer Craft updated to version 1.53

- CoFH Core updated to version 1.5.2.4

- Custom LAN Ports updated to version 1.5.2

- Dimensional Anchors updated to version 55.0.1

- Equivalent Exchange 3 updated to version pre1h

- Ender Storage updated to version 1.4.2.12

- Immibis Core updated to version 55.1.2

- Iron Chests updated to version 5.2.6.412

- MineFactory Reloaded updated to version 2.6.2.924

- Mystcraft updated to version 0.10.4.00

- Not Enough Items updated to version 1.5.2.28

- Nether Ores updated to version 2.1.5.75

- Omni Tools updated to version 3.1.5.0

- OpenCCSensors updated to version 1.5.2.0

- PowerCrystals Core updated to version 1.1.6.107

- Rei's Minimap updated to version 3.3_06

- Thermal Expansion updated to version 2.4.4.1

- Applied Energistics updated to version 10.n

- Steve's Carts updated to version 2.0.0.a117

- Dimensional Doors updated to version 1.3.6.73

- Modular Powersuits updated to version 0.7.0.534

- MPS Addons updated to version 0.2.3.144

- Immibis Microblocks updated to version 55.0.1

- Backpacks updated to version 1.9.11

- Treecapitator updated to version 1.5.2.r01

- Trade Booth updated to version 0.4

- Buildcraft: Additional Pipes updated to version 2.3.0

- Galacticraft updated to version a0.1.35.309

- NEI Plugins updated to version 1.0.9.3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, everyone! There were a few open bugs in the last thread. Feel free to post about them extensively!

1. There was some weirdness associated with the level emitters and some rednet stuff. This is confirmed fixed in the next version of MFR, but I'm not gonna wait on that.

2. If you're having bad performance issues, can you experiment with removing different mods and see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks!

Ok here goes some Diff patches:

1.1.1 - 1.1.3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8305657/patch-111-113.zip

1.1.2 - 1.1.3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8305657/patch-112-113.zip

1.1.3 - 1.1.4: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8305657/patch-113-114.zip

Some of these patches include a TODELETE.txt this file contains files you should delete due to being updated with newer version (i.e. mod updates)

To answer My own question from earlier to anyone else who has it, Redstone conduit will NOT pull power from the side of an atomic science turbine only from the top. Will test multimeter immediately.

Multimeter works again no problem, and to answer another question of my own, Fusion reactors require at maximum 200mj a tick.

Every question I find an answer for about AS I end up with 5 more questions.

I've seen some videos (certainly of older builds) where the steam from reactors traveled a couple blocks up allowing for more turbines, currently you can only get a turbine spinning with 1 water block+1 electromagnet away from a square with plasma. Is this the new intended behaviour or an issue? Is this question more appropriate at Cav's AS board(which last I visited seemed barren) ?

Given the current situation with it, and this may be unintelligible to anyone else feel free to ignore this part, a single toroidal reactor design can only seem to output 138mj/t and requests 200mj/t thus not creating a positive power cycle till it is stopped this seems silly as the damn things cost so much to build and set up having to do a less than 1 stack of fuel cycle to optimize power positive cycles would be crazy, so given this is a single toroid intended to be power positive? Is the reactor going to output the same value of energy with less input? It seems to run on 138 mj/t just fine but then why does the damn thing request 200, UGH without robust documentation this mod is frustrating as shit. ugh I might just be too tired for this shit, in better news, no errors in sight and multimeter works great.

Also steam funnel does nothing that I can tell. again don't know if it is a known bug or not with AS.

Every question I find an answer for about AS I end up with 5 more questions.

I've seen some videos (certainly of older builds) where the steam from reactors traveled a couple blocks up allowing for more turbines, currently you can only get a turbine spinning with 1 water block+1 electromagnet away from a square with plasma. Is this the new intended behaviour or an issue? Is this question more appropriate at Cav's AS board(which last I visited seemed barren) ?

Given the current situation with it, and this may be unintelligible to anyone else feel free to ignore this part, a single toroidal reactor design can only seem to output 138mj/t and requests 200mj/t thus not creating a positive power cycle till it is stopped this seems silly as the damn things cost so much to build and set up having to do a less than 1 stack of fuel cycle to optimize power positive cycles would be crazy, so given this is a single toroid intended to be power positive? Is the reactor going to output the same value of energy with less input? It seems to run on 138 mj/t just fine but then why does the damn thing request 200, UGH without robust documentation this mod is frustrating as shit. ugh I might just be too tired for this shit, in better news, no errors in sight and multimeter works great.

I've seen some power-positive designs in the current version, but the fusion reactor is definitely obtuse as hell and Calc stopped coming by the dev channel when I kept asking him about how it works.

It works! Oh how will electricity and MJ work together?

You sir are a unclear dude, fist of all, So following CanVox's suggestions did help for you ?

and secondly what did you mean here ? MJ as in Minecraft Jules is electicity

When I run this latest version on a server. I seem to get a lot of End of stream errors or Overflow errors that then disconnect the client. There are no errors on the console A link to the client logs are here.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Turning permgen size off then on again seemed to resolve the issue. Not sure why but it works again