Mysticraf broken?

Shadow278

Off the top of my head there's a new way to do things using an ink mixer. I've not moved to 1.1.15 yet but the impression I get from the Mystcraft Wiki is that you've to add ink and paper to the ink mixer to make linking panels, and use thelinking panels in the writing desk/book binder the way you used to use paper.

"Ink mixer seems a little pointless at the moment"

Well, the ink mixer now lets you make intra linking books. This type of link book lets you connect between two different spots on the same world. This is something you have not been able to do with mystcraft link books for a very long time. It is chance based, but the chances can be increased greatly with extra reagents being used. It also has several other different abilities the ink mixer can add to the linkpanel it creates. It is the linkpanel you need to craft in order to make a descriptive book. It needs to be the first thing you add to the book in the book binder. The link panel is also what is needed to craft a linking book as well. Linkpanel + leather. You just right click it to activate it's linking. This now allows you to bring unactivated linking books with you into an age and activate them when you get there, making a different link to that age without having to craft the book while in the age.

Stuff

Oh I know what it can do, but adding an entire new block and UI seems a bit over the top for it. Most of these things could have been done in the normal crafting grid, and the fancypants magic ink mechanic could have been done in the writing desk. Right now if you want to do pretty much anything you have to go to the ink mixer, craft a few linkpanels, go to the writing desk, copy a few symbol pages and then go to the binder just to stick them all together. You're also going to go through a hell of a lot more ink now that you need a full ink bottle to just make the linking page.

I'm not saying it's a major problem with the mod, it just seems a little pointless.

"Ink mixer seems a little pointless at the moment"

Well, the ink mixer now lets you make intra linking books. This type of link book lets you connect between two different spots on the same world. This is something you have not been able to do with mystcraft link books for a very long time. It is chance based, but the chances can be increased greatly with extra reagents being used. It also has several other different abilities the ink mixer can add to the linkpanel it creates. It is the linkpanel you need to craft in order to make a descriptive book. It needs to be the first thing you add to the book in the book binder. The link panel is also what is needed to craft a linking book as well. Linkpanel + leather. You just right click it to activate it's linking. This now allows you to bring unactivated linking books with you into an age and activate them when you get there, making a different link to that age without having to craft the book while in the age.

Two different spots on the same world, not possible with a Linking Book?

Link Modifier would like a word with you.