Tinkers Construct Smeltery Sizes??

zanthious

Hey ive been looking everywhere for this and watching some videos but excuse me if this has been answered before as i cannot seem to find it. I have the normal 3x3 smeltery and i have been trying to build larger diameter ones and i have a 15x15 and i cannot seem to get these things to work at all no fire no place to put the ores.. Can you only build 3x3? i was hoping to build something to drop a couple stacks at a time without having a 100 foot tall smeltery. Any input would bee helpful. Thanks!

Zan

As far as the in-game book is concerned, you can only build the internal well as a 3x3 in length and width, but in terms of height, it says it is unlimited. So you could, theoretically, build a 40 tall smeltery that would do something like 3x3x39 ores at once.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-15xtinkers-construct the pics looks bigger than 3x3x3 maybe wrong ?

The actual basin that smelts the ores is 3x3. The structure itself is going to be 5x5 (though the floor only has to be 3x3) and the height of it - from reading the in-game manuals - can be nearly unlimited. The larger it is (vertically) the more ores it smelts at once, but also requires more lava, so you have to adjust how many lava tanks you add.

So from a side view, it will look like this

X = Seared Brick A = Air O = Any block you want

O X X X O Top most layer

O X X X O More room for smelting

O X X X O

A X X X A Basin level

Top down view

X = Seared Brick A = Air O = Any block you want

O X X X O

X A A A X

X A A A X

X A A A X

O X X X O

And the controller can be anywhere in the structure, so long as it directly connects to a lava tank and isn't a part of the bottom most layer (from what I can tell).