How to properly Install Optifine into Hexxit/Technic Modpacks

Skylord_Faris

Hello guys ive seen a few posts asking about installing Optifine into Hexxit. Well if you know how to install it already and see an error in the post comment what it is and ill fix it right away. THIS ONLY WORKS FOR PC NOT MAC OR ANY OTHER OPERATING SYSTEMS!

Requirements:

-Hexxit properly Installed onto your PC

-Latest Optifine

-Common Sense

Step 1-Downloading Required Files-What you need to do first is install Optifine. Once you have Optifine Downloaded you are ready for the next step

Step 2-Finding the Hexxit Folder-To get into the hexxit folder go to your startup menu and search up %appdata% (For Windows xp and lower you need to go to run and search up %appdata%)

Step 3-Installing Optifine-Once you have found the Folder for Hexxit you must open up Optifine. To open up Optifine you need Winrar or 7Zip. Open the bin folder and right click on Modpack.jar scroll over open with and open with Winrar or 7Zip. Once opened select all the files in the Optifine.rar and drag it into Modpack.jar and close.

Step 4-Running Hexxit-Once you are done run Hexxit and it should run smoothly. If it does not than please leave a comment and i will help ASAP.

If this worked Enjoy. Optifine allows HD texture packs to work without the blocks looking messed up. Also it helps reduce lag as you have more options to turn off and and turn render distance up in between default Minecraft render views. Hope this helped and I might do some updates on this post to make it cleaner.

Update 1:Added guide

Got it to work with D5.. Anyone having problems installing optifine and having white screen crashes.

You need to install optifine to the mod pack.jar file. Not minecraft.jar. And do not delete meta-inf file..

Hope this helps someone.

Got it to work with D5.. Anyone having problems installing optifine and having white screen crashes.

You need to install optifine to the mod pack.jar file. Not minecraft.jar. And do not delete meta-inf file..

Hope this helps someone.

You are a beautiful person and have also inadvertantly taught me how to stack mods while keeping the minecraft.jar file intact.

Don't know about PCs, but following these instructions on a Mac (using the .jar-to-.zip trick on the modpack.jar file) results in working optifine and a vanilla Minecraft. So...that's a problem. Reverted and tried again the old fashioned way using the minecraft.jar and deleting META-INF. Result was a crash, so that's a no-go so far. But I haven't really fiddled around with it much. I love optifine for killing my all-pervasive lag spikes, but it's never been *impossible* for me to run Minecraft - modded or not - without it.

Still: is there really not a non-destructive method of adding jar mods in the various technic packs? Like how MultiMC has an instMods folder?

Don't know about PCs, but following these instructions on a Mac (using the .jar-to-.zip trick on the modpack.jar file) results in working optifine and a vanilla Minecraft. So...that's a problem. Reverted and tried again the old fashioned way using the minecraft.jar and deleting META-INF. Result was a crash, so that's a no-go so far. But I haven't really fiddled around with it much. I love optifine for killing my all-pervasive lag spikes, but it's never been *impossible* for me to run Minecraft - modded or not - without it.

Still: is there really not a non-destructive method of adding jar mods in the various technic packs? Like how MultiMC has an instMods folder?

Yes, this is what happened to me. I hope there will be some way to install it on mac soon, since I have a slow computed, and Optifine helps with the lag.

Thanks. This totally worked. I've noticed a couple bugs which is probably to be expected with a new mod. Two things so far:

1. The armor icons seem to missing when armor is equipped. The gauge bars are still there but not the icons. Unequipping the armor seems to bring back the arrow icon which is gone, too.

2. The lava tank in the smeltery (when filled with lava) seems to glitch. You can see the texture for the tank flash when moving, exposing the lava texture fully.

Nothing too big as I would still rather have the chunk loading improvement and other benefits from Optifine anyways. I've tried turning off and on multiple video settings to see if I could pinpoint exactly what is causing these bugs but haven't had any luck. Only removing Optifine fixes it but I like it too much to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed Optifine for Hexxit on Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) and it works perfecly.

But same version on a Mac it wont work at all.

I have installed Optifine for Vanilla Minecraft and Tekkit Lite and it works like a charm.

But can't get it to work on Hexxit on Mac.

I've even copied the WORKING modpack.jar from Linux and Windows into my new Hexxit folder in Mac. And it gives me the same error.

I've tried to install different versions of the 1.5.2 and still no luck.

I've tried to install the 1.6 version, and of course no luck.

I've tried to install it on minecraft.jar as well. And no luck.

I've even tried to put the Optifine Zip file inside the Mods folder and doesnt work

Also in coremods folder and it just doesnt get recognized.

I've changed my Java for 6, 7.21 and 7.40 and same thing over and over.

I want to say is a mod conflict, or Hexxit or Optifine but then WHY it works on Windows and Linux?

I want to say is a Java for Mac conflict, but then Tekkit Lite does work well with Optifine.

-__- i don't know.....

The modpack creators should just add optifine to the modpack so its smoother and such...

That would be nice. But unfortunately OptiFine doesn't always play nice with other mods to my understanding. So it is understandable and I totally agree with it as to why they wouldn't. For example those bugs listed above where the Armor Status icons disappear, or the Smeltery's lava render error. I experienced these as well and it is unfortunate but it is what it is.

That would be nice. But unfortunately OptiFine doesn't always play nice with other mods to my understanding. So it is understandable and I totally agree with it as to why they wouldn't. For example those bugs listed above where the Armor Status icons disappear, or the Smeltery's lava render error. I experienced these as well and it is unfortunate but it is what it is.

The mod OptiFine is Copyright © 2013 by sp614x and the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited and a violation of copyrigh

The mod OptiFine is Copyright © 2013 by sp614x and the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited and a violation of copyrigh

Naturally quite a few mods come with that clause. However, the part I bolded and italicized indicates that had the Modpack creators wanted to use it in a modpack they could so long as they received written permission to do so. Many mods require permission before just placing them into a pack to distribute. I was just stating why Modpack creators would not want to seek that permission. Unless you intended to quote the post above me?

Naturally quite a few mods come with that clause. However, the part I bolded and italicized indicates that had the Modpack creators wanted to use it in a modpack they could so long as they received written permission to do so. Many mods require permission before just placing them into a pack to distribute. I was just stating why Modpack creators would not want to seek that permission. Unless you intended to quote the post above me?

You think they hand out permission? Unless your a big name pack creator they ignore you or simply reject your request.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had no luck using optifine with hexxit.

I'm using the 1.0.5 version of Hexxit.

I've tried each version of optifine for minecraft 1.5.2

The only version I got to work is the lite version.

Posting my error report using optifine 1.5.2 HD_U_D5:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 7/27/13 12:57 PM

Description: Failed to start game

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:56)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:645)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71357_I(Minecraft.java:518)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:407)

at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 266592296 bytes (254 MB) / 450691072 bytes (429 MB) up to 1399980032 bytes (1335 MB)

JVM Flags: 0 total;

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML:

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v GL version 3.3.9902 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Texture Pack: Default

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Thanks.

Updated Java.

Set 3gb and increased permgen.

No luck.

New report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// You should try our sister game, Minceraft!

Time: 7/30/13 5:59 PM

Description: Failed to start game

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:56)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:645)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71357_I(Minecraft.java:518)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:407)

at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 248839032 bytes (237 MB) / 532348928 bytes (507 MB) up to 2863333376 bytes (2730 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx3072m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML:

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v GL version 3.3.9902 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Texture Pack: Default

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null