Can't add tekkit classic to my launcher

ApolloChewbacka

• Moderators

Okay, this is all the info I have gotten from you:

k sorry just want to play i have tried the run as admin, also i have tried redownloading the launcher, and on the email thing i have tried to send it multiple ties and i have checked to see if it is the right email

i did but it wont let me put any mod packs on there i dont have tekkit classic or anything i even tried to put the aether mod onn there from the website and it didnt work either

So, you have no modpacks at all? or is tekkit classic the only one missing?

How exactly did you try to put the Aether modpack in your launcher? Please run through every step you did...

You may also wanna try Al3x's suggestion, deleting the folder and click on the launcher so it will redownload the necessary files again.

yes i have absolutely no modpacks at all. for the aether mod i went to the browse modpacks section on the website and clicked on the aether 2 mod then i found the delivery url on that page and copied and pasted it to my launcher. when it did that it gave me a message saying error parsing platform response. Also i am trying Al3x's suggestion now

• Moderators

Okay just tried Al3x's idea by going into my roaming folder and and deleting the .technic file sadly didn't work

What antivirus do you have installed? Try uninstalling it, if you have the technic launcher on, close it and start it again. Wait a few seconds...

I did get the no modpacks aswell, but fixed it by closing the launcher and starting it again, so for me it was a temporary thing.

• Moderators

also i dont know how to unistall the antivirus

If you are on windows, it is : Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program

Depending on how many programs you have, it takes a moment to load the list.

I'm gonna take a guess here, you have AVG?

AVG is that irritating little kid that sits on a corner fuming and "blocks" stuff it doesn't understand but does it anyway "cuz I said so! I dont need to tell you!! blublublublabuu!!"

There is another, better antivirus: Avast!

This one is free and recommended by Technic team to not screw with the launcher or any other false positive that AVG constantly blocks for no reason.

Linky

These Antivirus programs are known to cause issues when downloading the launcher.

• AVG
  • Norton
  • McAfee
  • Avira Because of user input, Avira has apparently fixed the false positive. Update your AV.

If you are using one of these you will have to disable them or set the Technic Launcher as an exception in order to install it. They block it by default since they don't recognize it (of course). If that doesn't work, uninstall those terrible anti-virus programs and get one that doesn't get in your way constantly.

• 6 months later...