Travelling long distances?

MnBran6

A big part about an adventure pack like this is that dungeons, towers, and castles are finite. I still have a central base and don't plan to get rid of it just to move over, but I also don't like having to make a LONG trek away from home to find something I haven't discovered already. What's a good way to travel long distances without just duct taping w, space, and right click with food down>

Also, getting back from a MASSIVE distance wouldn't be a problem cause this pack allows rift signatures, the only problem is getting to that far away area.

I'm not sure how much faster the higher bred Chocobos are but thats personally what Im going to be looking into shortly since I'm close to exploring everything within one MC day distance around my initial base.

So, pack some rift sigs to your base and some dimensional doors and use a Chocobo to find new lands and rift sigs to create a transportation system.

There are a few options for you.

1) travel through the nether to shorten the distance

2) using limbo via pocket dimensions.

The first option is more controllable by you as travelling south in the nether makes you travel south in the over worlds just further.

The second option just seems to plunk you more randomly but I could be wrong there. I have been placed over 30,000m from my spawn using limbo before. Found another dimensional pocket and worked back into limbo to some out just 10km from my spawn but from another direction. Definitely carry rift signatures that are attuned to your spawn area tho.

You don't need to use limbo. Get a rift signature, click it once where you want one side of a teleport door, then go to your destination and click it again, then add a dimensional door on top of the rift you just created. Congrats! Travelling through one door takes you directly to the other.

You missed my point. Using limbo you can get to spots 30km away without having to run 30km in the first place. Sure use the rifts after you get there...but you need to get there first.

If you have an ocean you can use a boat...they are a bit faster the running too.

sorry you can't use limbo like that anymore. It now places you no more than 500m from spawn by default canvox said he set it to more like 2000 but it is not gonna be 20km anymore. Limbo itself has nothing but things that want to keep you in limbo along with miserable viewable distances, pocket dimensions and the namesake dimensional dungeons have some interesting shit most of it designed to kill you and end you up in limbo espcially since the watchers will no plop you in limbo if you try and cheese your way past a trap by digging out the walls or ceiling. The nether is reliable if not extremely dangerous having found no way to fly short of chocobos and not knowing what their limits are yet, haven't started breeding yet too busy slaying shit.

The question is: Are you okay with teleporting? If so there may be an option in the MapWriter config but that's all I'll say...

I would advice to make the file read only after edit. Game rewrites it back when launching ;) But that is all, let him make some research :)

My personal favorite method of travel is actually Ars Magica's gateways. I like teleportation to require a fair amount of resources so you only set up links between important locations. If you want to install it, just drop the zip file from here into your AppData\Roaming\.technic\<modpack name>\mods folder.

Golden chocobos are fantastic for traveling long distances, but you may experience heavy lag while moving at such speeds while loading entirely new chunks. Especially if those chunks have a ton of dungeons and such. While flying into a new tundra, I hit a spot hit two giant walker castles next to each other and lagged out for a full minute or in mid air until they finished loading up. Afterwards I could fly through with no issues, so just take it slow when exploring new chunks.

Does Ars have any conflicts that need fixed in the configs before using it?

I build my own modpack since I like playing with a lot of lesser known mods, but you shouldn't run into many id conflicts with the changes made to forge in 1.5. If you start getting errors, please send me a pm.

The question is: Are you okay with teleporting? If so there may be an option in the MapWriter config but that's all I'll say...

I've tried this, and it only works in short distances for me. If you try to tele from any great distance you will end up in the void until you tele back to where you were previously. It doesn't load the world after you teleport for some reason.

I've tried this, and it only works in short distances for me. If you try to tele from any great distance you will end up in the void until you tele back to where you were previously. It doesn't load the world after you teleport for some reason.

That's just lag. Also if you teleport into a randomly never generated chunk before, you will lag to high heavens.

That's just lag. Also if you teleport into a randomly never generated chunk before, you will lag to high heavens.

it can't be lag if I've left it running for 20 minutes and it still won't load the spawn area. I also don't tele to areas that I've never been too because you need to know the elevation in order to tele with the map.

it can't be lag if I've left it running for 20 minutes and it still won't load the spawn area. I also don't tele to areas that I've never been too because you need to know the elevation in order to tele with the map.

It works perfectly fine on my system and have yet to fall into the void. If you fall into the void then that is lag. I've used the portal gun mod and by going through the portal I was sent to the void. That was lag. Same kind of scenario here.

tavelling long distances is not neccasairly at all managing inventory is!

you find loot TONS of loot ... what to do with it ? pick the best loot dump, and the lesser loot in a chest or something. with a few backpacks you should be fine, then just go from outpost to outpost you make. outpost often only take just 1-3 minutes to make, and you always loot around a circle around the outpost and clear all the dungeons etc.

so travelling? hell no, thinking hell yes :)

This is also why i think hexxit servers work bad :3. People loot way too much defeating purpose for other players.