combustion engines won't start

danagor

Hello, i'm new to tekkit, i'm playing 1.0.6 with a friend on a server i made, and everything seems to work fine but i'm having problems with combustion engines...

I want to make fuel, so i looked for oil, made a pump, tanks, refinery, etc... i sited 4 c/engines next to each other, they are being fed with both water (using liquiducts and a aqueous acum.) and oil trough pipes (cobblestone waterproof pipes), i placed wood conductive pipes connected to the engines and golden conductive pipes to send power to the refinery trough the top, (i also pumped some oil into it too)... but when i apply some a redstone signal to the engines they won't start, thou i see on the GUI that they're gaining temp. and they begin to store MJs

I tried to whack them with a wrench and they rotate to face an adjacent engine, when i try to make them face the wooden pipes again they won't connect to them again (they won't face the pipe but will face to other engines) unless i destroy the pipes and place them again, i tried to break the engines and place them again, as soon as i apply a signal to the engine connected to a wooden conductive pipe and whack it it won't face the pipe again, i did break the refinery and placed it again nothing happens

I tried the same configuration an a creative SSP world and it worked, i'm confused i don't know what i'm doing wrong please help me.

Thanks in advance and sorry if my English is bad i'm from Venezuela

Sounds like the power has nowhere to go. Try putting a redstone energy cell next to the refinery and see if it starts filling. Also, make sure the little tanks on the refinery are filling up with oil. You might have it backwards and with no work to do, it won't demand power and so your engines will just heat up and store it until they explode or you stop them. I suggest you look into using iron and gates with red pipe wire to automatically power down your engines if they turn red. That way they won't explode. Fuelled combustion engines receiving a redstone signal with no output will produce energy, heat, and eventually blow up.

If that doesn't work, you should post some pictures of your setup for further assistance. Check here http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_Buildcraft_Wiki for more info.

Having built an extremely efficient and hands-free 36-combustion engine powerplant... I suggest looking into the MFR harvester with a pumpkin patch feeding seeds to biofuel reactors and biogenerators. I use an automatic crafting table to turn the pumpkins into seeds. It's extremely cheap, easy, scalable, hands-free infinite power source.

Sounds like the power has nowhere to go. Try putting a redstone energy cell next to the refinery and see if it starts filling. Also, make sure the little tanks on the refinery are filling up with oil. You might have it backwards and with no work to do, it won't demand power and so your engines will just heat up and store it until they explode or you stop them. I suggest you look into using iron and gates with red pipe wire to automatically power down your engines if they turn red. That way they won't explode. Fuelled combustion engines receiving a redstone signal with no output will produce energy, heat, and eventually blow up.

If that doesn't work, you should post some pictures of your setup for further assistance. Check here http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_Buildcraft_Wiki for more info.

Having built an extremely efficient and hands-free 36-combustion engine powerplant... I suggest looking into the MFR harvester with a pumpkin patch feeding seeds to biofuel reactors and biogenerators. I use an automatic crafting table to turn the pumpkins into seeds. It's extremely cheap, easy, scalable, hands-free infinite power source.

Well the little tanks behind the refinery are full with oil, i'm going to try with an energy cell and see how it goes, i will also try the biofuel as well thou i don't really know where to start on that one :P thanks a lot for the help :D

Drop your conductive pipe for conduit, conductive pipe can be real buggy.

OK will do that as well :) thanks a lot for the help

i will also try the biofuel as well thou i don't really know where to start on that one

I'd suggest this video -- if you start about 10 minutes in, you'll get a pretty good feel for how a functional biofuel setup works. Some good sources of fuel that don't even need replanting include pumpkin seeds and melon seeds (via an autocrafting table) and cactus green (via a furnace), but saplings, seeds, carrots, potatoes, even bone meal all work.

I'd suggest this video -- if you start about 10 minutes in, you'll get a pretty good feel for how a functional biofuel setup works. Some good sources of fuel that don't even need replanting include pumpkin seeds and melon seeds (via an autocrafting table) and cactus green (via a furnace), but saplings, seeds, carrots, potatoes, even bone meal all work.

That's a great video, going to give that a try after i'm done with the refinery, :D

The conduits are way better. I had the same thing happen to me. They still work fine in tekkit lite. But they are really buggy in Tekkit.

The conduit are harder early game but worth it.

Yeah, i wasted so much resources on thous pipes... oh well... by the way when is build 1.1.5 going to be released? i read it has a lot of new stuff and updates :) i hope thous pipes get fixed there :D

BuildCraft does fix them. But they still are not as good as the conduits. I found it better to just but the ensigns right next to the machines until you get the conduits.

got it i'll try to stay away from pipes if i can... now i wonder if the transport pipes are as buggy as these conductive pipes... i hope not, i was going to make a sorting system with thous...

got it i'll try to stay away from pipes if i can... now i wonder if the transport pipes are as buggy as these conductive pipes... i hope not, i was going to make a sorting system with thous...

transport pipes seem to be fine; I've been using them extensively with no problems.