Help virus attack.

Shadow278

I dont know how long I can stay on online but there is a massive virus on my computer. How can I get it off.

p.s sorry I know this is wrong thread but Its taking over. "System care antivirus" has been installed just by visiting a website. I need something to to take this virus out now!

The virus will not let any program run except for documents and serching devices. Every time I try to go to another page I get a message saying it is unsafe and I have to click proccede anyway's.

I got this virus by looking for free minecraft hosting sites. I dont know what one exactly but I had multiple ones open, Adobe wanted to make some changes so I said no. and it kept comping back instantlly and I kept pressing it untill I accadently press yes and part of it downloaded, I treid tp stop it but I guess it didnt work.

I tried to download nortan power eraser but it just instantly said virus detected deleting.

I have internet explorers 8 and windows 7. Remember the new program that appeared out of no where is "System care antivirus" and It cannot be deleted or stop.

Unfortunately, if you don't know how to avoid it then you definitely don't have the skills to remove it properly.

Best bet is to have a computer inclined friend take a look at it. Bribe em with a case of <vice of choice> if you have to.

More technical: There are multiple ways the malware can do what you report, but the most common is overwrite the executable associations so attempting to run anything automatically runs the virus instead. Other ways include injecting a debug helperDLL entry so every process includes viral code, or the full on rootkit that takes over some root OS hooks.

Pray it's the first, since that can be fixed with a file extension change and a registry rewrite that can be done with the help of another computer.

Go into safe mode onto you cpu. while your computer is starting press f8 and use arrow keys to select START SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING

After that go into your control panel and find Uninstall/edit programs.

Find system care antivirus and uninstall it.

As soon as you are done go online and download a good antivirus and firwall. (I prefer Avast and malware bytes anti malware. Comodo is a good firewall too)

Install them and restart your cpu.

As soon as you restart on Avast and Malware bytes and start scanning your computer.

Always have your online security on when surfing! good luck! :)

Go into safe mode onto you cpu. while your computer is starting press f8 and use arrow keys to select START SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING

After that go into your control panel and find Uninstall/edit programs.

Find system care antivirus and uninstall it.

As soon as you are done go online and download a good antivirus and firwall. (I prefer Avast and malware bytes anti malware. Comodo is a good firewall too)

Install them and restart your cpu.

As soon as you restart on Avast and Malware bytes and start scanning your computer.

Always have your online security on when surfing! good luck! :)

Considering how CPU stands for Central Processing Unit and is only a single part. How do you restart it?

Considering how CPU stands for Central Processing Unit and is only a single part. How do you restart it?

Dunno lol. But from my programming adventures and experiences helping my friends fixing computers,I call computers a cpu :)

I backdated my computer when I had a rogue anti-virus like this one. I went a few days back and it was gone, not sure on how I did it, forgot. :L (My short-term memory's terrible)

This sounds like a rogue antivirus. AVG would likely be infected and made useless on its first run.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/system-care-antivirus-removal/

These steps seem the most likely to be an effective solution, based on a cursory google.

I would of followed his link but then gave up out of frustration and fell asleep. Basically later I just did safe mode then ran system restore and now its gone. Thanks for the help every one.

Anyways is "Microsoft security essentials" any good?

Link to a website owned by Microsoft. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

Wait! I've heard of this virus! The only way to get rid of it is to snap your hard disks in 2 and dipping all your sticks or ram in liquid ammonia.

Once you have done that upgrade to IE10 or Chrome of Firefox or Opera or even Safari, anything is better than IE8.

this really is a terrible place to look for virus removal advice. by that I mean the entire forum here, seeing as how we're a minecraft community and not really aimed at technical support. however, OP did get actually useful advice so maybe it worked out for him. who knows?

Don't

this really is a terrible place to look for virus removal advice. by that I mean the entire forum here, seeing as how we're a minecraft community and not really aimed at technical support. however, OP did get actually useful advice so maybe it worked out for him. who knows?
dont worry its gone.