Is a mech suit possible?

Appollo

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure he is talking about IRL, not minecraft. This is offtopic.

Minecraft, real life, same difference.

Functional real-life-use mech suits now are basically limited to frames that support existing humans and augment their strength.

As far as "real" mechs go, the Japanese have created -THIS-

It may lack real weapons, but if you're spending that much anyways, I don't think that should matter too much.

Depends on what they're used for, really.

I doubt a mech suit would be particularly useful in combat if it had legs, because chances are it would be easily knocked over. even if it could get back up, it could cause major problems and make them a sitting target for however long it takes to get back on its feet.

Depends on what they're used for, really.

I doubt a mech suit would be particularly useful in combat if it had legs, because chances are it would be easily knocked over. even if it could get back up, it could cause major problems and make them a sitting target for however long it takes to get back on its feet.

if it had a good auto-balancing system, it could be very hard to tip over.

have you seen the mulebot?

Reminds me of a YouTube clip of a baboon-based walker prototype that I saw some time ago, I thought that was a clever way to make a walker mech using proven real-world systems. It's not a flexible as a real baboon, given how fast it can turn, but with some real impetus it may be far better.

Pacific Rim. That is all.

I'm gonna see it when it comes out, but I can already get annoyed by how the mechs are controlled by two or three pilots at the same time.

I mean, how does that work, even? Is it a fail-safe for when one pilot gets knocked out? Is it because one human doesn't have enough "processor power"?

And how does it work when one person fucks up?

ARGH!

Other than that, mindless Godzilla smashing? Yes please!

I'm also interested in the HAL Robotsuits.

These look like they're going to be of tremendous help all over.

I believe they're also working on torso units.

Have you looked in the description? It's HAL. Built by Cyberdine.

Is it me, or does that read like an extract of an "Evil Robot" checklist?

I do not care.

It's one of the companies that's working on making an Iron Man suit possible.

They could call the torso piece GLaDoS for all I care, as long as I can be Iron Man.

(But more than that, it really is an amazing piece of technology that can have incredible applications in medical situations.)