Has Tekkit Lite been abandoned?

Luceat

Hello everyone,

I have a question that I cannot find the answer to.

Has Tekkit Lite been abandoned? I ask because this page mentions a "new Tekkit". I cannot tell if that one is meant to replace Lite, or if it is just announcing that a new one is available. I note that the wiki mentions an update for 1.4.7 being the last update of 1.4.7, but not the last ever. So I'm not quite sure how to interpret the combined information.

I ask because a friend and I are playing Lite with one mod added and Mystcraft (which was causing conflicts) removed. The extra mod has some problems in 1.4.7 that are a wee bit sad. If Lite has not been abandoned then we'll simply put our dinosaur eggs in storage (the added mod is Fossils and Archeology) until the day Lite is updated. At that point we'll be able to update Fossils to its more stable version.

However, if Lite has been abandoned then it makes sense for us to start looking at some of the other modpacks that have already or will someday update to at least 1.5.2 so that we will eventually be able to use our dinosaurs properly again.

If it has been abandoned, is there a list somewhere of which of the main modpacks have been abandoned and which will eventually, someday, update? I know Classic is no longer updated, but that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

Thank you all, and sorry for the long post. Just want to make sure the next Jawceline doesn't disappear.

Three Tekkits Exist.

Tekkit Classic: The "Original" Tekkit that runs on Minecraft 1.4.7 and includes mods such as RedPower, IndustrialCraft, and Equivalent Exchange 2. These mods don't work with 1.5.1 so are grouped in "Tekkit Classic". Tekkit Classic is not being developed.

Tekkit Lite: A smaller version of Tekkit that runs of 1.4.7. It will not be developed any further.

Tekkit (i.g. "New Tekkit", "Tekkit I Don't Like Because It Has no IndustrialCraft or Redpower and I can't let go of the past"). Tekkit is currently the one being developed. It is considered more of an overhaul.

Tekkit Classic: The "Original" Tekkit that runs on Minecraft 1.2.5 and includes mods such as RedPower, IndustrialCraft, and Equivalent Exchange 2. These mods don't work with 1.3+ so are grouped in "Tekkit Classic".

Fixed that for you

Ah, pity, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. But thank you! I'm glad to have a concrete answer.

Actually... losing IC DOES stink a little. It was aerial ghast battles with a jet-pack that first convinced me that mods really could make MC better. Nothing beats getting up close and personal to introduce the sharp end of a sword to one of those aggravating little griefers.

It looks like we'd be able to rebuild a good deal of our ore processing system though, and apparently I'd be able to build some sort of suit to regain my flight abilities. I think those are the two things that would be most important to me. Hm... no replacement solar panels though.

Now a new question. Do any of you have a preferred guide or tutorial on transferring worlds? I'm not sure my friend would want to, but perhaps we could make a clone of our world and try to transfer it to the new Tekkit to test it out. I see several guides and threads but many seem to assume prior knowledge of something else so I don't know where to start. Would you recommend learning how to use MCEdit (which a lot, but not all, of these mention) as a starting point?

Do they "Plan" on re-adding redpower or IC2 into the new tekkit? I really couldn't imagine a new tekkit w/o IC2 , Also red power is neat cause it adds the micro blocks

AFAIK, no. However, almost everything offered by IC2 and RedPower either is replaced with something already in the pack, is in a mod that can be added in, or was a solution to a problem that only existed because of the mod.

Do they "Plan" on re-adding redpower or IC2 into the new tekkit? I really couldn't imagine a new tekkit w/o IC2 , Also red power is neat cause it adds the micro blocks

I'm honestly not sure if they will add it back, but if you want IC2 back bad enough there are versions out there that are compatible with the new tekkit(just simply copy your tekkit modpack and rename it, and add IC2 in the mods folder). Redpower2 however hasn't been updated in a while, at least not publicly.