Where can I learn how to play Hexxit?

fr2l0ud

It's kind of frustrating that you have to learn SO MUCH about modpack once it comes out in order to play it to its full extent. I preferred Tekkit Classic over Tekkit lite. It was much more simple. With Hexxit it, I can spend my time to learn about it, because it looks pretty cool. I try the wiki but it doesn't really help that much. Where can I learn how to play Hexxit to its full value?

You could try watching playthroughs on YouTube, I guess?

The wiki is still a work in progress, obviously. Stick around, it might be of more help later on. Or, if you learn something, you could contribute!

I think for the most part the idea is "Kill stuff, loot stuff, get better stuff, repeat". The only real thing which is important is knowing the equipment and recipes, which is where NEI comes in ;)

The best thing is to have lots of experience with other modpacks that contain similar mods. There probaly hasn't been enough time for any "full" walk-through on Hexxit. A good place to start is just follow the starter books, raid a dungeon, and get to the Twilight Forest

In all honesty I think the best way to experience this is what you have, a nearly blank slate, play the game, experiment, learn, explore, and when you do something you can know that you did it yourself, no one to thank, sure if you run into trouble and you try a bunch of stuff and still can't figure out some aspect, come ask, there are plenty of people with more experience than you, but asking how to play will only get you advice which may ruin your time actually "playing." In short grab a sword and some armor, make a little base to sleep at and store your shit and kill stuff, thats it, thats the whole of the game right there.

I went to here. I'm still picking a mod and looking at all its documentation and videos.

Twilight Forest is the first place you'll be able to clear out a location. Make sure you only take on the wood tier first.

Don't just check the wiki, continue on into the source. The Twilight Forest website link is in the Navbox at the top right. So is the MineCraft Forum thread.

Think of the stuff you read and see are the stories you've heard and things you've seen as you grew up in the Hexxit world. There's so much stuff you won't remember it all anyway.