Launcher Freezes at Download

So yeah, long time ago before any of the updates to tekkit i played it. now i´ve come back to it and decided to play "Hexxit" (from watching GenericB´s Lets play of it.

Now, heres my problem. Im trying to download it. but when its done downloading the "minecraft.Jar" It procedes to download what i can only Imagine is all the mods n stuff. but the problem im getting is that it takes a Heavy load on my pc, and i have a pretty ok pc btw. and then it just freezes. Any help? :)

Sorry if this is the wrong thread or whatever to post it in, but i really want help :(

CPU

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V GENE (LGA1155)

Graphics

Acer H233H (1920x1080@60Hz)

SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

What version of java are you using? If you don't know, go to this page.

How long are you letting it load? Modpacks take a while to load and while it's loading, the window appears "frozen". Might need to give it more time.

Last question: did you modify the pack in any way? More often than not, that'd be the cause of the error. I'd guess not from your first post, but better make sure now rather than facepalm later.

Nether Dweller

"Is your HDD doing fine?" Got a new one a mounth ago, id think its doing fine :)

Funknapkin

"What version of java are you using?": "You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 25)."

"How long are you letting it load?": i did at one point let it sit for 2 hours... (accidently fell asleep while texting >.>)

"did you modify the pack in any way?": Nope. thats the thing, its not even done downloading before it freezes.it freezes opon downloading.

Do you have any antivirus/firewall/other security software? Your download might be blocked by those, which causes the launcher to hang because it's not receiving the files.

If that's not it, then I have no idea what's causing it. My only other recommendation would be to delete your local techniclauncher data and retry.

Do you have any antivirus/firewall/other security software? Your download might be blocked by those, which causes the launcher to hang because it's not receiving the files.

If that's not it, then I have no idea what's causing it. My only other recommendation would be to delete your local techniclauncher data and retry.

The thing that throws me off is that i´ve downloaded Big dig. No problem. just fine. its Only Hexxit :( and thats the only thing i want to play T.T

I have this funny suspicion that something is wrong with the servers keeping the technic pack downloadable.

I reset my pack and redownloaded it just before posting so unless it was a one-time error when he tried to install it, it's not the server.

Since it looks like an error on installation only (for now) and noone knows why, I went ahead and uploaded a fresh install on my google drive. Unzip it in your "AppData\Roaming\.technic" folder if you're on Windows (to access AppData, type %appdata% in windows explorer's address bar). After that, try launching hexxit and see it it works.

Since it looks like an error on installation only (for now) and noone knows why, I went ahead and uploaded a fresh install on my google drive. Unzip it in your "AppData\Roaming\.technic" folder if you're on Windows (to access AppData, type %appdata% in windows explorer's address bar). After that, try launching hexxit and see it it works.

just after posting my Comment it just jumped to the main screen. where i can start a world n stuff. so i guess its good?