I Need More Ram!

OAO7

With a new computer with the best processor, and the second best graphics card, i wouldn't expect to have any problems running hexxit. But sure enough, minecraft always runs out of memory in around 10 minutes. when i go to the settings, it only allows me to select a max amount of ram as 1GB, despite the fact my computer has 8GB on standby. Why is this? My friends are able to select up to 5GB, but me just one??? How can i allocate more??

thanks

-*signature stolen by Signature Gnomes*

The problem may be that you have a 64 bit OS but only 32 bits of java. In that case you simply need to uninstall 32 bit java and install 64 bit java.

yea i just check my specs, i have a 64 bit windows 7

yea i just check my specs, i have a 64 bit windows 7

Yeah, I used to have that problem. It's also a good idea to only have one version of Java on your computer, although if you use a 32 bit browser you will want to keep your 32 bit installation as well.

Just go to www.java.com and follow the steps. Its simple enough.

Yeah, I used to have that problem. It's also a good idea to only have one version of Java on your computer, although if you use a 32 bit browser you will want to keep your 32 bit installation as well.

i just uninstalled the 32 bit

Just go to www.java.com and follow the steps. Its simple enough.

Thanks guys! i can now allocate 7GB ! :D