Favorite Tinkers Construct Weapon?

Kalthas

Ok, so I love tinkers construct! Love making new crap and love fiddling with the crafting mats to get the perfect blend of durability, damage, and innate bonuses. However with the new weapons I can't decide what I like the most. What's your favorite weapon? ...and do you find the new weapons/tools to be worth the massive amount of extra materials needed? Just looking for thoughts :)

In Hexxit, I actually prefer an enchanted Ender Giant Sword for straight-up damage. But to answer your original question, I carry around a Manyullyn Rapier with Quartz, Blaze Rods, Lapis, and Moss augments to deal with diamond armored mobs and mobs with shields. The rapier ignores both armor and the shield mechanic some mobs have. I think Manyullyn weapons are worth it, if only because it allows the rapier to get close to the sheer damage output of the Ender Giant Sword.

so i was fiddling around with the new short bows in creative. Made a slime bow, decent attack speed and arrow speed and made some manyullium arrows with the quartz bonus. They were doing 25-35 damage a shot!!! holy crap i need to make those in my real game!!

nope very far and quite accurate! Think I used a slime(or was it wood) shaft. Don't use metal shafts as they are heavy and don't add damage.

Also anyone notice that the battleaxe damage doesn't change if you use alumite vs cobalt vs manyullium? Heck it seems that as long as it's a decent quality material all do the same damage. Anyone know if this is intended or a bug?

Giant swords.... no they don't hold much sway over me anymore. They do what, around 10-14 damage? A battleaxe does 18 or so easily and my new cleaver creation does at minimum around 20 damage a swing (more if they are undead), and heals me every swing. It also has the jagged property so as the durability goes down the damage ramps up a lot. Currently it's doing about 30 damage a swing! Furthermore it's got a lot more durability than any giant sword.

I'm such a T. Construct fanboy it's really embarrassing!

...btw if anyone is interested in getting into making your own weapons but don't know where to start I working on a tutorial series on youtube.

should be the link to the playlist. I've split it into several videos and try not to go into so much detail that it will spoil the fun of figuring out the best combinations for yourself.

My main weapon is a Sharpness V Looting III Unbreaking III Ender sword (not giant)

But my favourite TConstruct weapon has to be a Cleaver, because you get extra Wither Skeleton Skulls.

How do you make an Ender Sword with T Construct? I know how to make most of the others with the smeltery and the like, just not sure about Ender sword.

How do you make an Ender Sword with T Construct? I know how to make most of the others with the smeltery and the like, just not sure about Ender sword.

He's just saying he likes the ender sword better than the T construct stuff.

I think this is what i'm enjoying so much about Hexxit, there are just so many good options for what to use. It's all just a matter of personal preference and play style.

...and yeah the cleaver does have a low attack speed. I've been using it so much though i've gotten used to it (how sad)! lol

Because of it's major speedboost, getting a Manyullyn + Paper Crossbarred rapier with luck, moss and 3 stacks of sharpness, it's almost like a rapid-stabby-stabby armor piercing version of the endersword. Mostly insta K.O.'s mobs on a double tap and makes quick work of any boss-typed enemies.

Let's face it, the lavacrystal/fire enchants don't do crap versus insta kill weapons.

Combine that with the Scale armour and you basically have a fast attacking agile tank that makes quick work of any dimension.

__

As for farming, have you guys tried to make Soul shards yet? I have three active farms set up in less than a day for any type of crafting material I would need (Slime, skulls and gunpowder).

I'm currently experimenting with a Manyullyn bow tagged with draw-speed enchantments and then enchanting Manyullyn-slime-feather arrows to shoot extremely quick extremely far, so far the best damage I made it do is 14 across a chunk, tagging and killing a spider. I lack the materials the experiment more.

And with enchantments, I obviously mean modifications, but I can imagine I might make it a little more interesting...

Hmmm... time to do some RESEARCH!

Well, sure, if you don't mind me going into specific details with excel charts and what not.

EDIT

Also, let me make it clear that i have absolutely no knowledge on wikipedia.

Temp page for the shortbow is up, I have no knowledge on how the cleaver works so far.

Well, sure, if you don't mind me going into specific details with excel charts and what not.

EDIT

Also, let me make it clear that i have absolutely no knowledge on wikipedia.

Temp page for the shortbow is up, I have no knowledge on how the cleaver works so far.

OUTSTANDING. And don't worry about not having any knowledge of wiki language, I started learning it myself just a few months ago. Most of the major contributors for this are new to wiki code, and I see the page you've built fits well with the rest of the pages already written. Thanks so much!

Oh my, I'm glad I'm doing this research... I'll post whatever I find on the wiki page shortly, it's... interesting, to say the least.

Edit:

Both arrows and Shortbows were just upped, I'll probably improve it over time, I usually write an article and then rewrite it 50 times.

Okidoki, done hijacking this thread! xD

David_Wolfe, you rock all kinds of awesome. Thanks for the descriptive entries!

Take care, editing wikis can be habit forming. Consult a doctor if you find yourself up at odd hours of the night meticulously editing damage values and whatnot. :D

Oh in the interest of getting this topic back on track, we could take further discussion here:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/wiki-help.48288/

Thanks again guys!