Getting liquid metal stuck in the Forge.

David_Wolfe

Anybody else ever accidentaly split up the contents of a forge over multiple basins just to get the metal to float around in there?

Is there a way to manually scoop out the liquid metal and put it back into different basins or in the main forge? I already tried using a bucket.

Anybody else ever accidentaly split up the contents of a forge over multiple basins just to get the metal to float around in there?

Is there a way to manually scoop out the liquid metal and put it back into different basins or in the main forge? I already tried using a bucket.

You've got a couple options; both need a Seared Faucet.

1. Put a Seared Faucet on the basin.

2. Then either place a Casting Table or Seared Tank below the basin.

You can then either make tool parts, ingots, etc, or use a bucket to scoop the metal from the tank.

If you choose to use the bucket you can drain the liquid back into the smelter by placing a Seared Glass or Seared Window above the Smelter, placing a Smeltery Drain as part of the Smelter with the drain facing upwards, and put a Seared Faucet on the Glass/Window pouring into the drain. (I was curious so tried using a Tank instead of Glass/Window and it wouldn't pour into the drain).

Check out this link for pictures, I just searched "drain" in the Tinkers Construct thread...

So, Faucet above a drain pointing up which is connected to the Smeltery, and you can put Molten Ore back into the Smeltery?

Why doesn't mDiyo have an official wiki? TConstruct is maddeningly undocumented.

So, Faucet above a drain pointing up which is connected to the Smeltery, and you can put Molten Ore back into the Smeltery?

Why doesn't mDiyo have an official wiki? TConstruct is maddeningly undocumented.

Yes to #1

I've heard he wants to document the mod in game, hence the books so people won't need a wiki. They just lack a certain amount of detail... but I maybe he wants people to figure it out for themselves?

• 3 months later...