Help Us Test Voltz 2.0.2!

CanVox

Hello,

Voltz 2.0.2 has been promoted to Latest in the launcher. 2.0 maps will not be compatible with 1.X maps. We'd like you to help us test this version over the next week so that we can promote it to recommended and get Voltz back on track! Download Voltz 2.0.2 from the technic client, and get the 2.0.2 server from here: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/voltz/Voltz_Server_v2.0.2.zip

If you've been playing around with 2.0.2 already, you'll want to downgrade to 2.0.1 and re-upgrade to 2.0.2.

The following changes have been made since 2.0.0:

- Mekanism has been upgraded to version 5.5.6.bugfix1.

- MineChem has been removed.

- Modular Powersuits now uses vanilla recipes.

- The oil fabricator recipe has been disabled.

- The empty cell recipe has been fixed.

- A custom galacticraft build with functioning oil worldgen has been created.

Let us know what you think!

I can't seem to be able to get uranium enriched still, though the process seemes to have been brought closer to being able to be completed. Now it's possible to make uranium hexafloride, but I can't get the centerfuge to work. Also curious as to when or if you intend to add oil back to the overworld, as running a server with friends all begging for it is rather annoying.

On my investigation, I also learned that the Enrichment process has changed significantly from 1.4.7.

You will first need to find yourself uranium ore. You can then do two things. You can either put it in a nuclear boiler to make Hexafluoride, or put it in a chemical extractor with water to make yellow cake, then put the yellow cake in a nuclear boiler to produce more hexafluoride.

You then need to figure out a way to pump that hexafluoride out. I recommend Mekanism Mechanical pipes, but don't forget to set it to extract mode with a Configurator. Using these pipes, put it into a centrifuge. You will get two types of Uranium. The most common type will be Uranium-238, which is used for breeding. However, sometimes you will get Enriched Uranium. This is what will be used for actually fueling nuclear reactors after you craft it into cells.. but don't void that Uranium 238! Using uranium 238, you can make breeder cells. You can put these breeder cells into a Breeder fission reactor, to refuel your uranium cells, so that you get more power from them.

The Galatic Oil fix does not work. The oil is there but can't be used/touched. It acts like a liquid but you pass through it like air.

Was told a workaround. Take Oil Extractor, right click edge of oil, make sure you have an empty liquid canister in your inventory, and it will soak up oil.

Someone mentioned not using the Copper Wires/Batboxs? The only issue I have had is the one time a wire bursted into flames, but it hasnt done it since then. Is there still a an issue with energycubes? The Universal wire wont connect to any power gen from Mekanisim, but will connect to the machines. What can I do when I have a fusion reactor thats outputing 1.2KA's but the wire I need to use only supports 200

Hey everyone,

Sorry, but I screwed up the packing of 2.0.2- the oil fix didn't go in. I just promoted 2.0.3 to latest with the oil fix, so try again. I'm not going to make a new thread because 2.0.3 is just what 2.0.2 was SUPPOSED to be.

EDIT: The 2.0.2 SERVER was packed correctly, so continue using it. The above issue should only have affected SSP games.

The Galatic Oil fix does not work. The oil is there but can't be used/touched. It acts like a liquid but you pass through it like air.

Was told a workaround. Take Oil Extractor, right click edge of oil, make sure you have an empty liquid canister in your inventory, and it will soak up oil.

The workaround you described is the documented way of picking up oil in galacticraft, so I'm not sure what you believe the problem is.

Someone mentioned not using the Copper Wires/Batboxs? The only issue I have had is the one time a wire bursted into flames, but it hasnt done it since then. Is there still a an issue with energycubes? The Universal wire wont connect to any power gen from Mekanisim, but will connect to the machines. What can I do when I have a fusion reactor thats outputing 1.2KA's but the wire I need to use only supports 200

I was able to connect universal cable to everything I tried, including mekanism windmills and atomic science turbines. Please be specific about what problems you're having.

- Leather recipe for universal cable not working

There has never been a leather universal cable recipe.

- Radiation not working

Picking up yellow cake irradiates me pretty hardcore. Ore's radiation was toned down, so it only has a small chance of irradiating you each tick, and green particles are now used to alert you to its presence.

Quickly tested it (after a friend notified me of the update at midnight) and I managed to find oil! This is gonna be great, can't wait to finally make missiles without cheating.

I do see the odd properties of the oil, but it doesn't seem to difficult to extract it.

Edit: I also hate to reveal just how much of a clueless scrub I am at this, but how would I update my server's files to this version, or any for that matter? I know the oil fix should have been in 2.0.2, but I believe mine is running a 2.0.1, the likes of which is heavily explored.

Quickly tested it (after a friend notified me of the update at midnight) and I managed to find oil! This is gonna be great, can't wait to finally make missiles without cheating.

I do see the odd properties of the oil, but it doesn't seem to difficult to extract it.

Edit: I also hate to reveal just how much of a clueless scrub I am at this, but how would I update my server's files to this version, or any for that matter? I know the oil fix should have been in 2.0.2, but I believe mine is running a 2.0.1, the likes of which is heavily explored.

If you have not modified the server at all from the defaults we ship out, updating the server is very easy- shut down the server, delete the config, mods, and coremods folders from your live server's FTP, and copy the contents of the server zip over your existing server. Your world files should be unaffected. If you want to delete your map and start a new one, deleting the world folder from your server should cause a new one to be generated. You technically don't have to recopy the entire server over, but if you're not sure what to do, it's probably safer if you don't overthink things.

The oil fabricator crashes upon use.

The oil fabricator's recipe was disabled for this precise reason. There was an issue where this was not the case in SSP, which has been fixed in 2.0.4. I have promoted 2.0.4 to recommended- instructions for use will be on the Technic front page momentarily, and if you have any questions or problems from here forward, please feel free to start a new thread either in this forum or the Technic Voltz forum respectively.

Thank you all for helping to test this version of Voltz!

Oil Fabricator still crashes the client in 2.0.4. It crashes at about 7-10MdB of Crude Oil. As for power armor crashing upon being seen, I can't get that to happen to me. I am wearing it but nothing happens. Is it just when you see other players in it?

Oil Fabricator still crashes the client in 2.0.4. It crashes at about 7-10MdB of Crude Oil. As for power armor crashing upon being seen, I can't get that to happen to me. I am wearing it but nothing happens. Is it just when you see other players in it?

The oil fabricator is not craftable for precisely that reason. I have not heard of any power armor-related issues?

I think that the flour one's added by applied energistics. Which one happens when you crush wheat, out of interest?

In other news, I think I've finally, actually killed that memory leak. I'm awaiting feedback from some people testing for me on Github, until then I'd recommend that people keep their dynamic tanks chunkloaded. They don't unload properly once they're loaded.