Sign in to follow this  
hiimcody1

Delete Me

you should add McMMO it really makes the game more rewarding the longer you go on. But besides that, THIS SERVER IS AWESOME, i love how with little max players, you dont find 1000 blcoks away form the spawn no trees, and every ore minded out.

Oh yeah no problem. Nevermind the corrupted map I wasted hours trying to save...

Ask for details before being a prick. Oh btw, everyone lost their stuff, you're not special.

btw it was actually your fault the map got messed up. Your soul shards corrupted a chunk and it spread. I went ahead and banned you after lastofthegreeks informed me about your soul shard spawner. You will not be welcome on any services I run.

Also, as far as details go, your post above was "Moved to FTB."

NOT

"Server map was corrupted, I spent hours trying to save it but couldn't, I'm moving the server to FTB."

Or any other similar post containing "details."

Also, there's "asking for details." I don't have soul shards. I've never had soul shards. The only way I even know what "soul shards" ARE is because of Sips and Sjin's use of them in their Voltz series. I've been to busy getting a nuclear reactor to spend time on soul shards. I do remember someone or other having soul shards. I wasn't that person. I don't know what made greeks think I had them, but unless someone gifted me with a spawner in my cramped base and I somehow didn't notice, there's no soul shards anywhere near my base.

Thanks for asking for details, such as ("Did you have soul shards Doomzzday?") before throwing bans around. Thanks for giving details in the first place so that I knew WHY the server was switching to FTB -- it's not my job to inquire as to the reason for every action you make, as servers abruptly switching to FTB is, actually, a pretty common experience for me.

I'm not writing this ridiculously long post because I want back on to your server. I don't want to download a new modpack. But I (and other potential players who see this post, perhaps) like a fair hearing that isn't based on one admin's report, which was probably just a mix-up of names anyway. Oh, and a chance to defend myself would be nice, too.

I really don't want to be attracting members from the technic forum over to my server, so I'm not concerned about potential users.

I have since spoken with last and he was indeed mistaken. I will apologize for placing that blame on you.

That being said, your attitude in the post above ('Thanks for the warning') really makes you come across as quite rude, and I'm sure you can see that as well. (As it was the goal of the post)

I will instruct the community that you are not the blame, however, your attitude of the situation really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Instead of inquiring on the forums I setup for communication, you chose to go here and post a flame.

'it's not my job to inquire as to the reason for every action you make' - It's not my job to pick up the information and put it in your lap. I told the reason on my website which you have for some reason ignored. (Which is strange as I basically set it up for you)

I'm going to be leaving the ban in place solely for your attitude in these posts, with regards that you did not directly hurt the previous server.

I wish you luck finding someone that can handle the problems that arise from Big Dig's issues. Having my map basically eat itself and getting zero help from the technic irc really bummed me out as far as anything technic related.

Sorry I'm not psychic.

Thanks for replying to my post, I was a bit worried that after reading my previous posts (and I agree, my first reaction was pretty caustic. It probably comes from a few too many servers switching very abruptly to FTB, with much less justification. I assumed your situation was the same).

Leaving the ban in place is your prerogative, and I don't particularly want to switch to whichever FTB modpack you'll be using anyway.

However, my posts on this forum have a) followed all the forums.technicpack rules as far as I know them, and B) followed all your rules for this thread, which as far as I know don't exist. If you'd said on this or a related thread something to the tune of "Don't be sarcastic, etc. etc." then my post would have been different. And besides that, at least mine was just sarcastic and a little bit bitter, perhaps, instead of, say, one that slings insults and bans around.

I wouldn't be particularly concerned about your ban (no offense, but I'm sure I can find another server somewhere) if it wasn't for the fact that now I'm going to feel obligated to mention and remember this incident pretty much every time I fill out a whitelist application, for a ban first imposed because I crashed a modded server (What did you expect? Complete stability from complex mods?), then sustained because I was... sarcastic.

As far as the nice forums you set up go, I wasn't able to find them, as I'd only been to them once, and I had no reason to expect information there as there was already information (of a sort) here, and the forums were very new and pretty empty. Many, many servers have forums but news is usually posted on the same listing as the rest of the server information. And I assumed you would have the same information in any different locations you might post in.

This post is too long, but I think I'll leave it that way. Short posts have been causing bad things on this thread lately.

I really don't want to be attracting members from the technic forum over to my server, so I'm not concerned about potential users.

I wish you luck finding someone that can handle the problems that arise from Big Dig's issues. Having my map basically eat itself and getting zero help from the technic irc really bummed me out as far as anything technic related.

It's not a Big Dig issue, it's a Minecraft issue. Chunks get corrupted, albeit a little more commonly when mods are involved.

You do know that the irc is not a magic help box, right? It may well be that nobody there knew the answer. You should have asked for help on the forums as well.

You do know that the irc is not a magic help box, right?

No I'm a complete idiot who just somehow threw a server together.

Doomzzday01 said:

Blah

cool story.

I'm unwatching this topic now.

You are acting quite childishly. Not even the FTB community deserves this.

No I'm a complete idiot who just somehow threw a server together.

I'm starting to believe it.

Aaaand he's gone. Or, as a certain character would perhaps put it, 'he gone.'

Now I'm just left with this spot on my record, and no way to get it off without chasing him. Although, would being banned count if the server I was/am banned from isn't a technic server?

And for someone who bans for sarcasm, cody, you sure throw a lot of it around yourself.

Among the technic community, anyway, cody is probably the one with the spot on his record, not you. More like a big stain.

If the discussion above is any indication, you were banned for no good reason.

But what does it matter, after all he's just

a complete idiot who just somehow threw a server together.

as he puts it.

Edit: unlocked! Sorry Torezu. You locked it as I was typing.

Is the server owner one of those dudes who pops into irc for like 2 minutes asks a question and then leaves when they don't get a response immediately? That happens like every day and I always wondered who those people were, and if they packed up and left technic in an anti-huff immediately afterwards. Very interesting.

Thread locked. Cody requested I delete it, but I think the thread can speak for itself for a while.

I'm not running the server at all anymore, haven't been since probably mid-August. I closed this server after having problems with big dig 1.3.9. I tried 1.3.13 still had problems, so then I just moved it to FTB Unleashed for the time being.

I got an inquiry about it the other day and simply wanted the topic deleted as they did for me over on the FTB forums, I didn't think it would be an unreasonable request.

Editing all your posts creates more attention. And it is not impossible for mods to unedit them.

I'm glad I managed to read 'em all already.

He lives! Looks like someone took a stroll through memory lane and came out a bit embarrassed.

Also, shouldn't this abuse of the editing feature be against the rules? I look like I'm talking to myself on page 1. And since I appear to have misplaced the screenshot I took of this thread a while back, now I can't refresh myself on his posts' content.

Editing all your posts creates more attention. And it is not impossible for mods to unedit them.

I'm glad I managed to read 'em all already.

That's fine, I just deleted everything I posted since it's irrelevant several months down the road

He lives! Looks like someone took a stroll through memory lane and came out a bit embarrassed.

Also, shouldn't this abuse of the editing feature be against the rules? I look like I'm talking to myself on page 1. And since I appear to have misplaced the screenshot I took of this thread a while back, now I can't refresh myself on his posts' content.

Short version: I moved the server, you asked why, I responded while agitated, you responded to my agitation, we bickered for 3-4 posts, others joined in on the fun, I gave up trying to explain what happened and unwatched the thread.

Not that I owe either of you an explanation by any means. :)

Edit:

I do wish the modteam here didn't consist of trolls though -_- (Another reason to go with FTB)

Edit:

I do wish the modteam here didn't consist of trolls though -_- (Another reason to go with FTB)

The mod team here want you and others to watch what you post online. It's easy enough to just think before typing. This is a good teaching tool, then; we're not just trolling. You could have come out of this looking so much better than you did.

You're awfully active with the Edit button there, for having "unwatched the topic".