Turbines not spinning up.

Nohman

Hey all,

Got 1.1.7 loaded up and running. Dicking around with Atomic Science which pretty nifty. Got my Fission Reactor built. Surrounded by water. Thermometer installed. Control Rod automated. You get the point.

Anywho, after i load a Fissile Fuel Rod, my turbine doesn't spin. Temperature rises normally. I hear the bubbly sound of boiling water but alas, no power. Also, apparently Steam Funnels don't work when you stack them? Or at all?

Maybe I'm being dumb but it seems like everything is setup correctly. Halp! :)

You sure can! It's the most basic setup. 3x3. fission in the center, flanked by thermometer. water surrounding it as well as 1 block up. turbines on the 3rd layer. Saw it work on youtube, though that was in the Voltz version. Image below. Took out the center turbine to show the reactor orientation. Thoughts? Otherwise I'm doomed to wrestle with nether lava pumps forever. ;)UxgzLkI.png

As of this time, nope... sorry. No use for breeder uranium as of yet.

what? i think all you need is 5 fission reactors and a nearly dead rod then surround the one fission reactor with other 4 fission reactors all with breeder fuel. they will recahrge the fissile rod slowly. dont forget to add water and control the temp or they go boom.

Unless that was added by the version of atomic science in Tekkit 1.1.7... Even on the official atomic science wiki they state that there is no current use for breeder uranium. There was at one time, that was removed with the intention of a complete overhaul of the breeder design before being added back to the mod.

No, that's been there since they added AS I believe. Breeder Rods go in fission reactors and are used to recharge almost empty fissle cells. The over head looks like this: W = Water, B = Fission Reactor with Breeder Rod, F = Fission Reactor with almost empty Fissle Cell, C = Control Rod

WWWWW

WC B C W

W B F B W

WC B C W

WWWWW

That setup will charge the fissle cell in the middle reactor, but very slowly, and 4 breeder rods will not return a 100% charged fissle cell. I don't know the exact ratio, but I think I was pulling my rods out in the 10-15% range and they were charging to about 85-90% before the breeder rods were depleated. Could be wrong, I haven't used the Fission set up for a while now.

Cool! I'll test this somewhere away from my current factory. That would great if I could utilize the 2k+ breeing rods i've accumulated. Has anyone here found a good way to automate the fuel supply for the fission reactors? Im looking into using ME Export Buses to automatically push rods in once they get depleted but im not entirely sure i want the reactors running around the clock. Stuck on finding a good way to shut off the feeding process. Any experience with anything like that?

Dark Cables reset your network is what I understood, easier to simply use a Precision or Fuzzy Export bus and set it to work with a Redstone Signal and run a Rednet cable from it to a lever or something. What I did at least.

Define "reset your network"... I use a couple Dark Cables in my set up and it doesn't seem to mess anything up. You just need to place them where they are only shutting off what you want them too. That means anything after the dark cable gets cut off. It's just like taking out a single lenght of ME Cable.

I use 2 Dark cables on my Farms. One is used to turn on my 4 fertilizers for a quick boost in production, the other is used to turn off 3 different ferts to preserve fert if I'm running low. I just use them as toggles and they only effect what I need them to