How do I remove the mods?

RealKimto

When I start Tekkit launcher, and get into minecraft, it says I have 75 mods installed... I got them with the tekkit launcher but I don't know how I remove them, I only want furnitures mod, Not Enough Items and galacticraft. How to I remove the rest? The HUGE amount of mods makes it real laggy when I go into a world.

• Moderators

I don't understand what you are saying. You want to play Tekkit, but only Galacticraft? That's just one mod.

If you don't want 72 or 74 mods you can try to delete them from the mods folder inside Tekkit folder inside .technic

But I'm unsure if the game will crash on you if you do that, that's why I suggested you install the mod yourself on a clean minecraft

OR you can install optifine, which can help reduce lag.

You are really confusing me, when you're saying that you WANT to play tekkit, but with only 1 mod :confused:

Tekkit is a group of mods, not it's own specific mod. If you install the 3 mods you want, it will run the same as if you deleted the mods you dont want(if that is even possible)

I didn't want to use Tekkit because it can install many mods, I wanted to use it because without it, I can't us emost items in Galacticraft, can't create space station or go to other planets.

I don't understand what you are saying. You want to play Tekkit, but only Galacticraft? That's just one mod.

If you don't want 72 or 74 mods you can try to delete them from the mods folder inside Tekkit folder inside .technic

But I'm unsure if the game will crash on you if you do that, that's why I suggested you install the mod yourself on a clean minecraft

OR you can install optifine, which can help reduce lag.

You are really confusing me, when you're saying that you WANT to play tekkit, but with only 1 mod :confused:

I can't find ANY optifine toturial for 1.6.2 tekkit :'(

• Moderators

Pigs will fly and mermaids be discovered before any MCforums mod dev would give any tutorial for how to make their mods work with tekkit.

Sad fact :(

I tried installing 1.5.2 optifine with hexxit. Didn't seem to work the manual way... I'm gonna try this magic launcher when I have the time.

Don't hold your breath...

Pigs will fly and mermaids be discovered before any MCforums mod dev would give any tutorial for how to make their mods work with tekkit.

Sad fact :(

I tried installing 1.5.2 optifine with hexxit. Didn't seem to work the manual way... I'm gonna try this magic launcher when I have the time.

Don't hold your breath...

I'd wish Optifine would be one of the 75 mods that got downloaded when first installing Tekkit.

• Moderators

I'd wish Optifine would be one of the 75 mods that got downloaded when first installing Tekkit.

From optifine's site:

The mod OptiFine is Copyright © 2013 by sp614x and the intellectual property of the author. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission.

Technic has permission for every other mod they spotlight here, except this one

• Moderators

Thanks for the link.

Should I delete META-INF?

Never mind, it says I should

Before you make anymore posts, please read this on the Rules:

Do not triple post, and avoid double posting - You have an edit button. USE IT.

• Moderators

I was trying to edit it but couldn't find any edit or delete button

You know where to find the reply button, right?

At the far left corner at the same bottom line of your post is "your name, Today at time:time PM/AM "(this will change to the date the post was made after a few days passes), right next to that is the words: Edit Report

The word Edit is the one you click on to add/change text on your post.

You can't delete your post. You CAN delete the text within your post, however that is just silly and might awake the attention of the forum mods if they believe you did something naughty and try to cover it up.

If the Edit button doesn't work right away then click on "More Options".

As for:

they should make rules that people can follow

They have... Did you not see the Mandatory Reading section?

You know where to find the reply button, right?

At the far left corner at the same bottom line of your post is "your name, Today at time:time PM/AM "(this will change to the date the post was made after a few days passes), right next to that is the words: Edit Report

The word Edit is the one you click on to add/change text on your post.

You can't delete your post. You CAN delete the text within your post, however that is just silly and might awake the attention of the forum mods if they believe you did something naughty and try to cover it up.

If the Edit button doesn't work right away then click on "More Options".

As for:

They have... Did you not see the Mandatory Reading section?

WHen I said they should make rules that people can follow, I ment the edit. I didn't see the edit button because after a while, my user automaticly logs off and I can't edit posts then, and I didn't know that at that time.