Tekkit lite the way it should have been.

jarjacksn

The fact is, though, its not yours to name and it wasn't named that. Personally, I've decided to call tekkit in general "tekkit" and Tekkit main specifically "Tekkit".

Industrial Craft 2 has shown an inability to provide timely and stable public releases.

RedPower 2's creator has far to much going on in real life to provide timely and stable public releases, and refuses to share her code with others so the community can update her amazing mod. (Eloraam is so protective because red power includes code from her own game.)

The point of Tekkit is to prevent further fragmentation caused by unreliable mod updates.

I see what you're saying but none of that is a solid reason why it shouldn't be called Tekkit 4. It is the "main version of Tekkit", and before it was Tekkit 3 (which is now Tekkit Classic) so why shoudn't it be Tekkit 4?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're saying but none of that is a solid reason why it shouldn't be called Tekkit 4. It is the "main version of Tekkit", and before it was Tekkit 3 (which is now Tekkit Classic) so why shoudn't it be Tekkit 4?

Tekkit 3 is Classic. Tekkit 4 would be an updated version of Classic. Tekkit Main (Or Tekkit Space, or just Tekkit, or whatever else) is not an updated version of Classic. Thus, Tekkit Main ≠ Tekkit 4.

As for things like Industrial Craft 2, here's my story of IC2: I used it for quite a while. Then some magic day I discovered Thermal Expansion's way of doing things.

I never looked back.

Tekkit 3 is Classic. Tekkit 4 would be an updated version of Classic. Tekkit Main (Or Tekkit Space, or just Tekkit, or whatever else) is not an updated version of Classic. Thus, Tekkit Main ≠ Tekkit 4.

As for things like Industrial Craft 2, here's my story of IC2: I used it for quite a while. Then some magic day I discovered Thermal Expansion's way of doing things.

I never looked back.

Well Tekkit 1 wasn't part of "Tekkit Classic". I'm not sure why they separated Tekkit 2 and 3 since I could never care or tell the difference. I never did play Tekkit 1 but I did play Tekkit 2 and 3 a lot. Why shouldn't this "Tekkit Main" have a number? It is an "official" tekkit version like 1 2 and 3. You people seem to think "Tekkit Main" has a chance of updating to the newest MC version but it doesn't. I bet it'll just be abandon like the rest and be called Tekkit 4.

The constant updates. Hoppers are cool but there are enough tekkit things to do it's job.

It's Mojang's job to improve the stability and add features to their software, not accomidate people who modify it.

Well Tekkit 1 wasn't part of "Tekkit Classic". I'm not sure why they separated Tekkit 2 and 3 since I could never care or tell the difference. I never did play Tekkit 1 but I did play Tekkit 2 and 3 a lot. Why shouldn't this "Tekkit Main" have a number? It is an "official" tekkit version like 1 2 and 3. You people seem to think "Tekkit Main" has a chance of updating to the newest MC version but it doesn't. I bet it'll just be abandon like the rest and be called Tekkit 4.

The next version of Tekkit Classic could be called Tekkit 4. (There wont be another, of course.)

Tekkit is a completely new pack. It is not a "sequel" to Tekkit 3 so calling it 4 would be incorrect.

Well Tekkit 1 wasn't part of "Tekkit Classic"

...Yes it was. It's just that there wasn't a "1" in it - it was simply Tekkit. You can possibly get it in the Technic launcher - I haven't tried. Tekkit 2 and 3 changed Minecraft version and switched a few mods around. The change was more profound in Technic. Tekkit 4 would be an update of Tekkit 3, not a different modpack entirely. By your logic, Lite should have been Tekkit 4, but I don't see you complaining about that.

Anyway, what makes you so certain that Tekkit isn't going to update to a newer version of Minecraft? You just seem stubborn with this - you're obviously going to be right because you're so annoyed at stuff not updating in the past. Your opinion on whether Lite should have been updated or not makes no difference to the modders updating their mods. The fact that you're so obsessed with being right that you're convinced they'll call it Tekkit 4 just proves how stubborn you're being here.

Face the facts - the new Tekkit mods are updating. The old ones aren't. You're just being stubborn and refusing to believe that things can go a way other than how you want them to.

• Moderators

It is an HONOR to reply to you glorious PAINS Heavyweight Champion. How did you do it?

By having an awful competitor.

Last chance jarjacksn. You've been warned by multiple people and replied with snark.

Use the edit button or lose your ability to post for a month.

Probably useless point-out here, but the edit seems to be buggy. Atleast on my end I cannot edit at first, I have to click on the "more options" button to make it work.

Then again, OP knows this. As he already used that edit button once...

Me? You never even talked to me. I'd like to know you. It is an HONOR to reply to you glorious PAINS Heavyweight Champion. How did you do it?

I did talk to you, in several threads. All of which you have shown ignorance.

For the PAINS fight as Manaus said, sourpowerpete decided his time was best spent in the spectator box yelling at everyone criticizing him. Also he had a bad point to begin with.