[1.5.2]--==Sakki's Wonderland==--[PvP/E][60+][Open][Cheatproof!][LongTerm][Sakki's Wonderland Pack]

SakkisWonderlandLogo13.png

--== Sakki's Wonderland ==--

Private server, so register beforehand. Everyone is welcome.

Platform URL : http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/sakkis-wonderland-pvppve

Platform page : http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/sakkis-wonderland-pvppve.48220

IP Address : 204.45.31.188

Enterprise class hardware w/ 4 SSD's in Raid10 format, 128GB Ram, colocated (so we own it). 24/7 expected.

Full PVP / Hardcore. Hard mode set.

Spawn Camping, Griefing allowed.

Only select small buildings at spawn are protected, once you step outside, it isn't.

Massive 20,000 x 20,000 map, pregenerated

North/South rails that extend 3000 meters (blocks) in each direction.

East / West rails that extend 1000 meters (blocks) in each direction.

One main Rail station, and 4 substations.

Small Spawn. Rail Station behind spawn, City of Mourn / Jail to the SouthEast. Spawn was created with a PVE feel instead of the busy and colorful city type spawn.

We don't Ban. Instead, we Jail.

Zero advertisements in game.

Cheatproof! Players will NOT be able to change any aspect of the game, giving each player an equal chance of survival and domination! When we say cheatproof, we really mean it. And no, we're not talking NoCheat or equivalent...

Rules : http://www.sakkiswonderland.com/forum/m/6600162/viewthread/6921614-rules/page/1

ServerIP : Not needed due to our client. Download, installed... click play!

Mod's that you've come to love and enjoy:

• ExtraBiomes XL
    • Forestry
    • Binnies Mods (Extra Bee's / Extra Trees)
    • Magic Bees
    • Buildcraft
    • Buildcraft Additional Objects
    • Chisel
    • MineFactory Reloaded
    • Railcraft
    • Tinkers Contruct
    • Thermal Expansion
    • TurretMod
    • Atomic Science
    • Electric Expansion
    • Open CC Sensors
    • Mekanism Generators / Tools
    • MFFS
    • MineChem
    • Artifice
    • ICBM Sentry / Contraption / Explosion
    • Clay Soldiers (using for Events)
    • Chococraft
    • Hunger Overhaul (Makes it tough!)
    • Computer Craft (Admin use for now)
    • Hats (VIP's)
    • Applied Energistics
    • Grimoire of Gaia
    • Bibliocraft
    • Painters Flowerpots
    • FurnitureMod
    • Simple Ores
    • Thaumcraft v.3
    • Twilight Forest
    • Craft Heraldy
    • Thaumic Tinkerer
    • Pam's HarvestCraft

This server was created as a Long-Term server.Yes, its full PVP and you can kill anyone, anywhere (well, 99.9999% anywhere) but we envision our players taking their time building up their bases and protecting it via MFFS. The map is so large (we can go larger if needed), that this should be feasable. Find you a secluded spot, and start building. This is a hardcore server, however it's also a semi-build server as well with the right protection (MFFS). The server was built with many mods to keep you occupied for a long, long time.

This is NOT a Factions server. If that is your style, then by all means go start Raiding. Grief Spawn if you wish... however, you wont have the /f command here.

signature_minecraftforum_net_728x100.png

-----------------------------------------------

516077f09eeefd7078e8e2aab31f8552.png

For Science!

Time to get down to chemistry!

-------------------

d2ba35cc5af5f4238db3a04d301d3d09.png

Fight Epic Creatures!

As well as getting epic loot!

-------------------

51cc18758c4c64eacc5215a7266e8156.png

Create!

You can create thousands of different useful items!

-------------------

TNMAu.png

Build!

Construct giant arenas or erect magnificent fortresses at your will!

-------------------

d37b6b1191905d50b212a26f42687703.png

Destroy!

Create missiles and bring other nations to their knees!

-------------------

94ef925b91ebf15384cc062c4538eb6f.png

Player Driven!

The whole server is driven by players! This means you can name continents after yourself, create a fully functioning bank and give loans, or even monopolize the electricity market!

-------------------

Updated:T

Updated the thread to conform more to the requirements than what I had initially submitted. I now have the IP address, along with all major mods that we use. This does not include all mods, as some are minor and are client side only.

Our client is forced, and secured, so the IP address is not even needed. Once you download the pack, you simply click Play and you are on your way.

A lot of time was put into the pack to ensure there were absolutely no conflicts, and that all mods worked perfect together. That's not to say there isn't some small conflict somewhere, but I doubt it.

The map itself is truly massive and with out server specs, we've tested 50 players @ around 30% cpu usage. We have 128GB of RAM, so we have plenty in reserve in the event more is needed.

This is FULL PVP, even in the Spawn area and is hard. I had to protect a few small buildings, so those are PVP safe. The building you spawn in, is PVP safe, the Rail Station is safe, and there's one more. All else is fair game.

Come join us! This server will be up for a long, long time.

*** As a side note, I'll be adding some Battle Towers, and at the top of the tower will be some really cool loot, including a book with a code to redeem some cool Steam and Origin games!

So... grab some pipes, a handful of 'nades, and come play!

• 3 weeks later...

Whats posted above must be totally outdated or something because this is UNPLAYABLE, for the following reasons.

The client crashes literally about every 10 minutes.

Unless you want to read up manually on every mod in this BEFORE you even start playing don't bother with this server.

The controls menu has been removed for some reason, so if you don't like the default controls its a pain in the ass just to play.

The protected spawn area is MASSIVE about a 20-30 minute walk to get out of and if you get stuck in a 2 block deep hole you basically need to wait until you starve to death.

The first time I walked out after about 15 minutes I fell in quicksand and since you cant interact with anything in anyway in the massive spawn area you die.

You cant break wood without an axe so after dieing in the quicksand I lost all my stuff then had to try 2 more times to get out of the spawn area without starving to death then remembered that trees kill you for even looking at them without an axe so after I punched a tree until I died I finally set out again about an hour after first joining the server.

Now its night, the spawn is full of hostile mobs that you cant attack because you're in the spawn area.

You cant attack anything ,not even hostile mobs in the massive spawn area so if you lose your food they give you at the start you're almost guaranteed to starve every time you try to leave spawn, the only way I managed to get out was by finding apples left over by the world-gen.

There is no NEI so there is no way to check what recipes have changed apparently the pickaxe recipe has changed with no way to figure out how to make one.

The button to show your coordinates is missing so good luck finding your friends.

Normal users have absolutely no commands not even the /help command so if you wanted to play with a friend or something good luck getting them to you after all they have all ^^^^ this to look forward to dealing with.

So after all this I gave this server a couple more shots.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then a Minotaur ran up and killed me.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then I went into the rail station and was killed by a turret that was in there.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then a Minotaurus killed me from behind about 3 blocks from the axe machine.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then thinking the turret shot me because a mob was in the room I went back to the station and was killed again by the damn thing.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, so finally I was able to make it out of spawn and finally chop some wood, the client then crashed, once respawned, I preceded to play mincraft like normal but ran onto some problems.

Max stacks of items seems to be 32, great so now you get to make 2 times the trips to get rid of cobble.

I have no idea how to make a pickaxe and there was nothing about it being changed from what I saw.

There is No NEI so there is no way to check what recipes have changed upgraded my initial statement to reflect how unplayable this is.

Time to boot up another profile so I can check spawn to see if they have posted SOMEWHERE how you are actually supposed to be able to play this.

Well its been over 2 hours since I started on this server now and from what I can see the crafting recipes for wooden tools have all been removed except for the hoe...the fuck?

Ok so after doing some more digging I found out you need to use some mod to make even basic tools so start making that stuff but one of the things I need requires a log and I turned all my logs into planks now I have no axe.

So I figure I can just use my other account to bring me an axe and whatever else you spawn with right? Nope the button to show your coordinates is missing, good luck finding anyone or anything on this shit server.

Finally 3 hours after I started on this server I figure out that I basically need to start out all over again because I didn't save 1 log.

this server is so ass backwards.

DONE, This server is pretty much useless It might as well be an adventure mode map with how restrictive it is, due to lack of player accessible features there is no way you could play this with a friend and from what I can tell no one actually plays this except the server admins.

Whats posted above must be totally outdated or something because this is UNPLAYABLE, for the following reasons.

The client crashes literally about every 10 minutes.

Unless you want to read up manually on every mod in this BEFORE you even start playing don't bother with this server.

The controls menu has been removed for some reason, so if you don't like the default controls its a pain in the ass just to play.

The protected spawn area is MASSIVE about a 20-30 minute walk to get out of and if you get stuck in a 2 block deep hole you basically need to wait until you starve to death.

The first time I walked out after about 15 minutes I fell in quicksand and since you cant interact with anything in anyway in the massive spawn area you die.

You cant break wood without an axe so after dieing in the quicksand I lost all my stuff then had to try 2 more times to get out of the spawn area without starving to death then remembered that trees kill you for even looking at them without an axe so after I punched a tree until I died I finally set out again about an hour after first joining the server.

Now its night, the spawn is full of hostile mobs that you cant attack because you're in the spawn area.

You cant attack anything ,not even hostile mobs in the massive spawn area so if you lose your food they give you at the start you're almost guaranteed to starve every time you try to leave spawn, the only way I managed to get out was by finding apples left over by the world-gen.

There is no NEI so there is no way to check what recipes have changed apparently the pickaxe recipe has changed with no way to figure out how to make one.

The button to show your coordinates is missing so good luck finding your friends.

Normal users have absolutely no commands not even the /help command so if you wanted to play with a friend or something good luck getting them to you after all they have all ^^^^ this to look forward to dealing with.

So after all this I gave this server a couple more shots.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then a Minotaur ran up and killed me.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then I went into the rail station and was killed by a turret that was in there.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then a Minotaurus killed me from behind about 3 blocks from the axe machine.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, then thinking the turret shot me because a mob was in the room I went back to the station and was killed again by the damn thing.

Well I spawned and then waited for a minute to get a new wood axe, so finally I was able to make it out of spawn and finally chop some wood, the client then crashed, once respawned, I preceded to play mincraft like normal but ran onto some problems.

Max stacks of items seems to be 32, great so now you get to make 2 times the trips to get rid of cobble.

I have no idea how to make a pickaxe and there was nothing about it being changed from what I saw.

There is No NEI so there is no way to check what recipes have changed upgraded my initial statement to reflect how unplayable this is.

Time to boot up another profile so I can check spawn to see if they have posted SOMEWHERE how you are actually supposed to be able to play this.

Well its been over 2 hours since I started on this server now and from what I can see the crafting recipes for wooden tools have all been removed except for the hoe...the fuck?

Ok so after doing some more digging I found out you need to use some mod to make even basic tools so start making that stuff but one of the things I need requires a log and I turned all my logs into planks now I have no axe.

So I figure I can just use my other account to bring me an axe and whatever else you spawn with right? Nope the button to show your coordinates is missing, good luck finding anyone or anything on this shit server.

Finally 3 hours after I started on this server I figure out that I basically need to start out all over again because I didn't save 1 log.

this server is so ass backwards.

DONE, This server is pretty much useless It might as well be an adventure mode map with how restrictive it is, due to lack of player accessible features there is no way you could play this with a friend and from what I can tell no one actually plays this except the server admins.

Finally! I am just ecstatic that we finally have some feedback! Really appreciative of the input.

The whole purpose of creating this server, was to create something that was a bit more challenging than the typical server that one might end up playing on. It was also designed to deter the kids and to deter those who just wanted to play Factions. It was also designed to be a long term server to where you can count on it being there 6 months or even 2 years from now. We own the equipment, so our costs are low enough to keep it online indefinately.

Here were the things in mind when creating this server:

Make it hard core

Make it fully PVP based

Make it CheatProof

Encourage using vanilla Maps to get around

Make the map so large, that one could use it as a "Build Server" if thats what their preference is.

Have enough mods installed to where an update to Minecraft itself wouldn't deter the extra features added.

But, to address your comments...

Client Crashing : We have a few people playing occassionally, but haven't heard of any complaints about it crashing. I will sign on tonight and play as a typical player to see what happens. Question though, how did you install / configure the client? Did you just add the modpack and thats it?

Mods : Yes, you will need to read up on SOME mods installed before playing as a few things have changed. The most important mod is "Tinkers Construct" (vanilla tools removed due to this mod). In your starting inventory, you should have a book that tells you exactly how to start, what to craft, how to craft it, and basically the basics for surviving. If you did not read this, then you'll be doomed... just as the Rules explained at spawn, everything in your starting inventory is highly important, and have a purpose!

Controls Menu: Controls has been disabled. From your perspective, what exactly did you need to change? You mentioned that it might be a pain in the ass if you didn't like the default controls... so do you normally change something? Like what? (just so that I can change it if needed). If I were to have enabled this, then the player could change other items in the game that would have countered "fair play"... For instance, F3. So here's an explanation of what was disabled, and its purpose:

* F3 - Disabled to make it a bit more hardcore. This will allow regular players to build in the massive world without fear of someone tracking them. However, there are items that you can creaft "Radar Gun" that can get coords, but makes it a bit more difficult.

* Minimap - I've disabled this, or any ability to install one. Again, its to make it a bit more hardcore and to also encourage crafting Vanilla maps. With a vanilla map, you can see a massive amount of area (if you know how).

* Brightness : i've set this to "Moody", but have disabled players from changing it. This again is to make it a bit more hardcare, to encourage a bit more thought in using torches and to enhance that mood and dark environment.

* Texture packs : disabled completely to counter cheating with Xray blocks.

* Several other keys i've disabled due to keeping the client CheatProof. Its fully cheatproof, and the only way that I can ensure that, is to disable certain keys and features... this SHOULD NOT affect gameplay.

Massive Spawn area: Yes, spawn is massive. Its 500 blocks out and its all due to ICBM. I initially had spawn very small, but made it much large so that you would see massive Nuke craters around making the area looking like an eyesore, as well as making it difficult to even leave with those huge holes. However, this can easily be changed to a smaller spawn area, which I might end up doing anyways.

Spawn interaction (killing mobs): We had someone "interacting" with the gun turrets and stealing its batteries, so a few days ago I made everything non-interacting. That should not have affected mobs, but I am going to check tonight. What exactly were you wanting to interact with? Just mobs? I can fix that... I made a change a few nights ago and guess I didn't take mobs into account. Also, because of ICBM, Nuke's and other items are able to bypass any spawn protection, so its also a reason why I tightened down security in spawn.

Rail Station gun turret : I was fixing the turret that someone had stole its battery, and in doing this, I accidently broke it. I put it back but forgot to change it to not target players. I can fix that tonight.

Axe : Yes, you cannot break wood at all unless you have an axe. You cannot even break wood with your fists. It was designed this way on purpose. I wanted to make breaking tree a bit more realistic. Of course, when you finally break a tree, the whole thing comes down. Also, I made it this way to make the landscape not sore visually appalling, with half broke trees, naked trees,etc.... which by the way, I guess you saw the next thing I'm going to mention...

Leaves : Yep, you cant break leaves without a shear.

NEI : Nope, no NEI. However, you can craft a "Crafting Guide" to get all of the recipe's in game. It's equivalent to NEI with the only difference being that you need to craft it first.

Crafting a pickaxe : You'll need to read the Book that's in your starting inventory to find out how to survive the night, and how to craft. Tinker's Contruct is now your base mod for crafting base tools and weapons. (my oversight is that if you die, you will no longer have this... so I can correct this)

Coordinates : Yes, F3 has been disabled. You can craft a few items to get your coordinates.

Help commands : Most server commands include things that take away from the playstyle im going for. What kind of commands were you wanting to see? /money... nope, you have to craft your money (coins) and will be driven by the players. /faction? Nope, everyone knows this but is not a factions server. But yes, I get your point. The commands that a player does have, needs to be listed so that they know what they can do in game. So... I will fix this. (/ps, /sc are the 2 main commands used in game. Everything else is craftable).

Axe dispenser : Yes, you'll need to go back to the Axe station to get another axe and unforunately there will be mobs randomly around. I cannot change how mobs spawn, much less high end Mintaurus... unless I disable them completely.

Mobs at spawn : There are turrents all around spawn to kill any type of mobs (Except for a Minotaur (male)... Minotaurus' (female) are killed) so being a bit careful, you should be able to get around spawn with no problems. Except the rail station, of which i'm going to fix.

Item Stacks : Yes, this has been changed by Iguana's Hunger Overhaul mod, and his Hunger Tweaks. It's based on the type of block you have and each has it's different weight, which means some items you'll be able to carry more of... like dirt / grass. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1813158-162152-hunger-overhaul/

Well, when we first started the server, we had a lot of people join, but it was completely amazing that not one person asked one question, and literally spent about 15 seconds on the server.... literally! They spawned, sent out of the house... then logged. So those I guess are the ones that I was trying to deter... ones that just look around quickly, and log if they dont see a bunch of really cool colorful buildings around. There are a few people that do play, but think they are highschoolers and after talking to a few of them they can only get on here and there. They have created some amazing bases, quite large and have touched quite a few mods at that. They use the radar guns to keep track of where each other is.

So all in all, I'm glad that you even toughed it out for the amount of time that you did without really knowing the basics. I feel bad that you had to go at it not knowing. As the other guys play, they have been letting me know things that need to be adjusted, and I adjust. Lots of things have been changed since I opened it, but unfortunatley it looks like I still may have missed a few things like....

... posting things on the website like the commands used, the starting items, the important mods that you need to know before playing (Tinkers Contruct), and just the basics.

One last thing to mention, is that a lot of stuff client side has been changed due to keeping the client CheatProof. This way, every one that plays will be on the exact same page. Everyone is forced with the same settings, same options, same mods, same everything. It also ensures that noone can install anything.

This is all done to keep the playability fair. On other servers, one can cheat the system and easily become the top ranking player... which doen't really promote "fairness". So most of the changes are done with that fairness in mind.

So if you find an option that you really need, let me know and I can see about enabling it if it doesn't affect gameplay.

There are also 4 concrete lighted paths that take you out of spawn. These are path's that go North and South, and another set that go East and West. They will take you out of spawn, and will eliminate having to trek through the wilderness to get there.

Shouldn't take you no more than 60 seconds to get out of spawn... if that.

There is also a main Rail Station that will take you 3000 blocks out of spawn (N/S), and 1000 blocks out for East / West rail.

Will fix the turret at the rail so that it can be ridden, but i've found that people dont like to wait... even the 5 minutes it takes to catch a train... so they end up running through the very hostile forest, die, then leave (the few that attempt to play).

North/South/East/West paths : 500 blocks out (paths end at the border of spawn).

North/South rails : 3000 blocks out

East West rails : 1000 blocks out

Forest : die about 5 times, then quit. :)

Mob's on the server are highly hostile. They are not your typical Creeper and Zombie mobs. Some can outrun you, and just about all are much more powerful than you. When you trek, you have to be cautious. When you build up your armor, and weapons, you should be able to take most down with no problems.

Turret at the North/South station has been corrected. It is now safe to trek to the Rail stations.

I also tested the mob problem at spawn, and I was able to hit, and kill hostile mobs as a regular player. Passive animals such as sheep, pigs, etc. are not... so maybe this is what was meant in the above comment.

Will update as I fix the other issues...