Teleportation

Gorian

So, I've created a tunnel bore, following this, albeit much bigger (mines 115 blocks at a time). However, I can't seem to find any feasible form of teleportation in tekkit. there is no thaumcraft that the author used to automate the mystcraft books, and it seems that using dimensional doors actually results in a dupe bug (seems that if you try to move a dim door with MFFS power manipulators, the original dim door doesn't move, and instead a vanilla iron door is spawned and moved instead). While I haven't tried mystcraft portals, presumably, they don't work either. Wondering if there is anything else I can try?

Mystcraft portals would just do the same thing as the linkbook on the bore, it would get you back home. How to get to the bore is another story...

wonder if a deployer or similar could activate a rift signature... That at least would allow you to use dimensional doors to link to your bore by making the second link rift... Just have them connected to your home location first before sending them to your bore. Not a very efficient design even if it works...

Mystcraft portals would just do the same thing as the linkbook on the bore, it would get you back home. How to get to the bore is another story...

wonder if a deployer or similar could activate a rift signature... That at least would allow you to use dimensional doors to link to your bore by making the second link rift... Just have them connected to your home location first before sending them to your bore. Not a very efficient design even if it works...

Yeah, I can use a linking book, or /home to get back to my base. Getting to the bore is the tricky part

Wow...just wow...when I thought I'd seen it all.

Wow.

wow the bore using mffs for movement, or wow asking about teleportation?

A long time ago, I saw a video with a MFFS-based tunnel bore that was 40x40 large, thus mining 1600 blocks at a time. It was the old kind of MFFS, not this one, though. The biggest challenge was processing 1600 blocks every movement, because back then AE didn't exist. 95% of the bore was a huge processing facility full of redpower tubes (it used frames for movement).

interesting, I've never used frames, but the MFFS stuff seems simple. And, yeah, AE definitely makes it easy. Get enough storage, and busses to import and export in the right places, and your good to go, no worry about overflow. You do kinda miss the nice visual of all the blocks going through the tubes/pipes though. Sleeping btw, just sets your home to coordinates, so no luck there (put a bed on the mining platform).

• 3 weeks later...

the automatic rift signature works. i put one in a deployer, activated it, moved it to another one, activated it, instant rift, added a warp door using the same second deployer, instant transport from one to the other.

now to try and automate it moving, on the moving platform, without creating a string of rifts...

wow, people replied! Like, a month later :P

loqk, this is the newest tekkit, there is no deployer.

Lethos, Good idea, but there is no Redstone in Motion in tekkit 1.1.8. I could add it, but I run a server, so I'd have to update all the clients. Something I might look into though. Thanks!

ok, i set up a machine.

a duplicator constantly fills an ender chest with rift signatures.

on my machine, a counter ticks off 30 beats of the timer that runs the caterpillar drive.

the counter resets itself (positive out to negative count in, count down by 100, count up by 1s to 30), sets off a delay (rs latch attached to the side of a timer so the timer sends one pulse after 3 seconds) which pauses the timer running the caterpillar drive, and triggers a filter to take a rift signature from the ender chest and send it to a deployer.

the same pulse activates the deployer (pointing up into an empty area), and saves the rift. a delay on the pulse triggers another filter to pull the half used rift signature into a second ender chest.

the second ender chest has a clock attached, that pulls any items in the chest out, through an item detector, and into a deployer.

the item detector detects a rift signature passing through, and activates 4 items.

first, a block breaker above the door breaks the door

then, the deployer is activated, forming a complete rift, the rift signature is used up.

a new warp door is placed by a deployer at ground level, behind the rift, so that the door appears on the rift. there is an active lever next to the door, so it opens

finally, some sugar is fired through the door to try to force the door to appear on the other side. this may be totally unnecessary.

every cycle, the previous cycle's rift signature is activated, meaning a new floating door appears about 30 blocks (due to my timing) behind the machine every 30 blocks (or so)

only the last door should be bound to the rift in your base, but there will be a string of doors following the machine around. you may wish to make the machine build a road for you as well, leading from the doors, if you are in survival.

i shall continue to experiment, and see what steps i can drop.

@Gorian ah, i see, is there an equivalent to the deployer?

i have kept my server as tekkit lite solely because redpower 2 is so useful. without it, i would practically have no base left as most of my factory is redpower2. not much help to you, just some unnecessary background :-)