Industrialcraft

dugong247

Only the developers themselves know for sure but all indications are it's not due to the mod not being updated regularly enough. They only just recently got a version of IC2 working for v1.5.x. We likely won't see another Tekkit update until they can compile a v1.6.x version though so who knows.

What specifically in IC2 were you looking for? There's a replacement for just about everything in that mod already in the pack.

I'd consider it a possibility for 1.6, especially because of the somewhat uncertain circumstances surrounding Thermal Expansion. I personally wouldn't be against its inclusion if all the new content is done right.

The only things missing without any form of replacement are the crops and the sprayable blocks.

Even without IC2, though, 1.6 is going to have loads of new content, between Thermal Expansion and Galacticraft.

Thermal Expansion for 1.6 will be a port only. At least that was what was said regarding that last time.

I think I read somewhere on the FTB forums that King Lemming was planning on back porting 3.0. We'll see, I guess.

Edit: Sort of.

Thermal Expansion itself isn't in bad shape, but instead of porting 2.x up, I'm porting 3.0 backwards to sort of a middle ground. It's just easier and there are too many improvements. Having said that, the new BuildCraft API is causing the vast majority of the issues. CJ's new power system is, on the surface of it, a huge improvement over BC 3's implementation. However, the complete lack of flexibility afforded with the new system means that I can't do the same sorts of things as efficiently or effectively as I used to.

Found here.

I added IC2 to a pack I am putting together,and to be honest there isn't anything it does that isn't done by something else. I may just remove it. No point in having a mod the does the same thing as another mod or mods in this case. Just adds unneeded complexity. On a side I don't like that when you go to move a IC2 machine it just drops a machine block, and you have to recraft it. So in my opinion IC2 and Buildcraft in the same mod pack is pointless.

I added IC2 to a pack I am putting together,and to be honest there isn't anything it does that isn't done by something else. I may just remove it. No point in having a mod the does the same thing as another mod or mods in this case. Just adds unneeded complexity. On a side I don't like that when you go to move a IC2 machine it just drops a machine block, and you have to recraft it. So in my opinion IC2 and Buildcraft in the same mod pack is pointless.

First off, as Daemon said you can wrench the machines to get them back instead of losing them. Secondly, I really liked the induction furnace and rotary macerator because they were turbo fast even without overclocking. It made large scale AE MAC projects go by much faster if I didn't already have a stockpile on hand. Other than that I'd have to agree with you. I do miss having sustainable and compact power though.

mmmm, honestly I am perfectly fine trading off industrialcraft for AE+MFR. Setting the input/output sides is just awesomesauce and AE allows you much more freedom.

Also, the ME allows you to "order" stuff and you can just pick it up with the wireless as it's done.

Honestly I would compare IC to year 1800 industry and AE/MFR/Atomic science to year 2000+

mmmm, honestly I am perfectly fine trading off industrialcraft for AE+MFR. Setting the input/output sides is just awesomesauce and AE allows you much more freedom.

Also, the ME allows you to "order" stuff and you can just pick it up with the wireless as it's done.

I think you have your mods confused. Thermal Expansion is the mod with configurable machine faces, which are indeed quite awesome (although still nowhere near as fast as comparable IC2 machines). MFR and IC2 are almost entirely separate mods function wise as MFR is more about automating tasks whereas IC2 is more about efficiency and power generation. AE can be used with all of these things as well.

What I REALLY miss from IC2 is UU-matter. It simplified my AE crafting system enormously as I ended up with a ludicrous amount of it in the end (70K+). Minium stones are neat and all but they don't have a lot of things that UU does.

IC2 has a couple of unique machines and a fair number of tools you can't get elsewhere, in addition to the awesomeness that is compact solar arrays. The compressor is nice and when combined with a macerator was a great way to multiply certus quartz (without compressors you have no way to make certus quartz crystals, only dust). The recycler and mass fabricator combination are amazing for UU-matter generation. Plus it has the laser drill which is pretty boss, if exceptionally dangerous in a PvP enabled server. Lastly (that I can think of anyway) it has construction foam which is a paintable construction material.

On the flipside of all that it has the quantum armor, quite possibly the most ridiculous armor of any mod I've ever seen. Where a fully shielded power suit renders you almost invincible, quantum armor actually makes you invincible. It's a cause of much grief and irritation for people and the primary reason a lot of folks are happy to see the mod go.

I think you have your mods confused. Thermal Expansion is the mod with configurable machine faces, which are indeed quite awesome (although still nowhere near as fast as comparable IC2 machines).

It's easy to make that mistake because the various TE and MFR machines are similar in functionality in that they're machines that process something into something else. While playing with IC2 was fun at the time, looking back, I didn't have as much of a feeling of accomplishment as I do playing tekkitmain. Once you got to a certain point you might as well be playing creative. It seemed to me to be highly unbalanced (in tekkit lite) that I could build one or two solar panels, use the power converter blocks and power a BC quarry with far greater ease than maintaining a bank of BC engines.

Don't forget that IC2 had nuclear reactors and atomic bombs. Atomic Science was built just to replace the nuclear reactors. Sadly they didn't include the atomic bombs. :/

Compact solar arrays are expensive to manufacture though and they just saved space. I don't consider them unbalanced by any stretch of the imagination in that regard. I'm at the point now where I might as well be playing creative. My experimentation with atomic science is more a matter of efficient design rather than pressing power need. It would take at least 5 HV arrays to equal the output of my one reactor and I guarantee they would require more materials. However, to each their own.

My point about the machines was that MFR has practically zero configuration options since it will readily spit things out from wherever. MFR and TE have more in common with each other than MFR and IC2.

Yes I agree that my current fusion powered power generation vastly exceeds what I had in Tekkit Lite using solar panels but that's comparing Lite to Main. When you look at the power generation options available in Tekkit Lite you had IC2's solar panels (ignoring nuclear power for now) which created gobs of power with nothing but an open sky and daylight and BC engines which required constant maintenance to prevent overheat and explosion. Which would you choose? :D

The thing I think we can agree on about Main vs Lite is that some of the redundancy was removed and some of the blatantly obvious overpowered items where dropped or fixed.