Sign in to follow this  
milworkz

[1.1.8] Resilience Is Back! [PvE] [24 Slot] [Greylist] [Limited Mystcraft]

Hey Everyone.

The New mining age has been generated. You will have until tomorrow (Sunday November 24th 2013) to remove your quarries from the old mining age and destroy any linking books to there you may have. New Mining age books will be issued on that day after the removal of the old age. Any quarries, structures or items lost once the age has been removed will not be reimbursed. You've had upwards of 4 days to remove them.

Thank you.

Hey hey hey, blokes. Long time, no Minecraft. I'm going to be doing a let's play soon and wanted to do it in a Minecraft mod. I haven't been here since way back in Big Dig, but I thought it'd be fun to do the video in this server, since I don't like the lonely atmosphere of single player. Do I need to reapply to get whitelisted again? Anyway, would any of you guys be opposed to possibly having your names show up in-game in the video? If so, I could work around that.

Hey hey hey, blokes. Long time, no Minecraft. I'm going to be doing a let's play soon and wanted to do it in a Minecraft mod. I haven't been here since way back in Big Dig, but I thought it'd be fun to do the video in this server, since I don't like the lonely atmosphere of single player. Do I need to reapply to get whitelisted again? Anyway, would any of you guys be opposed to possibly having your names show up in-game in the video? If so, I could work around that.

I don't know if you have to reapply, that's up to the admins/mods, but I don't have a problem with my username showing up in a vid, so if it's up to me you can go ahead :) (ofcourse, if any admins/mods are against it, imagine I never said that :P )

No, you don't have to reapply. I'll promote you from guest as soon as I get home. As for video's personally have no issues with it.I don't think anyone else will either considering FingersOfSteel tried to do a lets play on the old Tekkit Classic Server. I'd ask anyone if they have an issue with it before you visit their bases though to make sure.

Username: zeeman706

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: Yes, once for building a skyscraper, that a rouge mod said I could build.

Can you read and write English (Note, Rules are in English)?: Lol yes

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I've tried to get serious in minecraft, but tekkit servers tend to close, a lot, so I've never gotten very far. hopefully I can get far on this server.

Username: zeeman706

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: Yes, once for building a skyscraper, that a rouge mod said I could build.

Can you read and write English (Note, Rules are in English)?: Lol yes

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I've tried to get serious in minecraft, but tekkit servers tend to close, a lot, so I've never gotten very far. hopefully I can get far on this server.

Your application has been accepted. See you in game soon.

Username: Gregthegamerguy

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: None that come to mind

Can you read and write English (Note, Rules are in English)?: Yes

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: Minecraft was about 5 years and tekkit is about 1 year

Added Note: Man i havn't been on the server hosted by KS7 in a while... I stopped going on because of cpu problems. and because of that probobly ALL OF YOU forgot who I am... Tar should know me... if she remembers... Just ask and if she does then AWESOME I'M NOT BORING AND EASY TO FORGET XD

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: Minecraft was about 5 years and tekkit is about 1 year

Added Note: Man i havn't been on the server hosted by KS7 in a while... I stopped going on because of cpu problems. and because of that probobly ALL OF YOU forgot who I am... Tar should know me... if she remembers... Just ask and if she does then AWESOME I'M NOT BORING AND EASY TO FORGET XD

Approved, see you in game! Be sure to read the rules, they will be very helpful!

So since we have had atleast 7 guests attempt to join the server today and be immediately disconnected...

Reminder: be sure that you have the right version of tekkit 1.1.8

Sure it was today? Yesterday I probably got disconnected like that at least 7 times, because I couldn't figure out the right version, or I'd try connecting with Big Dig, or some other things :P

I remember you. And though we've adopted the name and tried to keep community together. You wont see KS7 around.. Unfortunately he's dropped off of everyone's radar and we havn't been able to get into contact with him. Of course if he ever shows back up he's more then welcome around here, likewise for all acquaintances.

But yeah... You weren't boring and forgettable. Just Normal.

Username: KevinTheCreatr

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: No

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I just downloaded Tekkit, but I look forward to exploring what it's all about.

Username: KevinTheCreatr

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: No

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I just downloaded Tekkit, but I look forward to exploring what it's all about.

Application has been accepted. Be sure to read the rules in game! See you soon.

Username: turtle603

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: Not for actually doing anything bad, only because of a bad admin.

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I've been playing for about 2 years, and i recently got into tekkit, and have been playing a lan world with my friend, and also fooling around with it in creative.

Username: turtle603

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: Not for actually doing anything bad, only because of a bad admin.

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I've been playing for about 2 years, and i recently got into tekkit, and have been playing a lan world with my friend, and also fooling around with it in creative.

Your application has been accepted. Be sure to read the rules in-game as they are very important.

Tubz is currently having a fight with the server. I would wait for the all clear before trying to log in today...

--- NOTICE ---

The Auto-Save issue has been resolved!!!

However, we have had a huge issue with the fix... Any and all "Loaded Chunks" were loaded with Vanilla only blocks... there is no rollback due to the .jar getting changed to the correct one. So, anyone who is MAJORILY affected and is a trusted member will be offered the ability to go creative to get themselves back up and running. It will be supervised Creative, and no new members will be allowed creative. Creative will only be given to players by Admins: TehTub, Garreteagle1, and Milworkz.

We apologize for the rollback issue, but it is all fixed and the issue is known now. It can and will be avoided in the future.

At least I did get Knock's skull on video. I doubt he's gonna wanna rebuild that.

This isn't directed at you guys since it wasn't really your fault. But how the hell do these problems still exist? Minecraft has been around for like 80 years and, granted, the mods are overseen by hobbyists and they're newer, but come on. Why are such game-destroying bugs still around, and with (apparently) extremely bad and non-redundant backup tools? It genuinely boggles me.

Theres a couple reasons stuff like this happens, Minecraft itself is poorly coded, albeit better then it was in beta its still pretty bad in terms of production code. Mods add so many things its impossible to ensure 100% compatibility between mods. And multiple other issues. This most recent one was due to our host loading the vanilla JAR instead of tekkit and "airing" all the mod blocks in certain areas.

A little more detail for you guys. Initial estimates for the extent of the damage was thought to be Chunk loaded areas. Since Vanilla MC doesn't have any ability to force load chunks it looks like the effects were limited to areas loaded by players who logged in during the issue. I think that's the case. Depending on render distance the amount of chunks can be anywhere from 6X6 to 16X16. Like mil said anyone who is affected by this will be given creative if they need it to fix the damage.

Username: XGingerMonsterX

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: None

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I've been playing minecraft for about 2 years now, tekkit about a year. College prevents me from playing often, but I get on when I can!

So, I'm not sure if I will be able to get over this loss. I may or may not be back. If I am not, it was fun, and thank you for all the wonderful time you have given me on this server. Also, thank you for the support from the staff. You guys are by far the best and quickest to respond.

I hope I can get over this and come back, but bye for now, I guess.

Username: XGingerMonsterX

Have you ever been banned from any servers?: None

Summarize your MC/Tekkit Experience: I've been playing minecraft for about 2 years now, tekkit about a year. College prevents me from playing often, but I get on when I can!

Accepted, please read the rules in game as they will be very useful!

So, I'm not sure if I will be able to get over this loss. I may or may not be back. If I am not, it was fun, and thank you for all the wonderful time you have given me on this server. Also, thank you for the support from the staff. You guys are by far the best and quickest to respond.

I hope I can get over this and come back, but bye for now, I guess.

Sorry to hear this. You're welcome back at all times of course and have enjoyed your stay.

Alright peoples I'll be back on here soon. I have been watching the polls and I see that people want new buildings. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. Send them to me by PM please no need to clutter up the forum. Also Tar is there any set date to the video yet? I want to try and finish all my projects before the video.

I hope everyone has had a happy Holiday see you all in game