Introduction to Tekkit?

Cronixx

Hey :)

Yesterday i found the Technic Platform and because of it i decided to finally buy minecraft :)

I'm really impressed by the work you did, and do here!

I played IC² a lot, but sadly, it became really boring.

So now i want to start getting into Tekkit,

but i found myself stunned by the overwhelming mass of information about all these mods.

I already went through the modlist on the wiki and tried to memorize most of the mods, and what they do, but it is kind of too much for me :D

So i wondered if there is any kind of "getting started" tutorial for Tekkit 1.1.10 ? With those kind of tutorials i always find myself to get a starting point from where i can explore everything by myself :)

Don't understand me wrong - i don't want someone to explain me everything, i really enjoy discovering things by myself. But some kind of walkthrough through the keyconcepts of the Modpack would be nice.

I also am able to search everything in the wiki, but i rather want to start playing :D

I hope i won't get flamed for being a newbie who wants to get into an awesome Modpack.

EDIT: There's a list of several getting started mods here: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Getting_Started_%28Main%29

I don't know of a getting started guide (Hmm, maybe i should write one for the wiki) but I can certaintly point you in the right direction.

If you read the wiki, you probably noticed that Thermal Expansion has some IC2-like features, including doubling ores. The pulveriser is a good place to start. It runs on Buildcraft power. For the very first engine, I would recommend a steam engine. Other then that, set up shelter and farms.

Once you have plenty of resources and a base, start researching all the crazy stuff you can do in Tekkit, such as energy, space, and automated mining and farming!

• 2 weeks later...