Bukkit Plugins on Tekkit Server.

Googz

I am sure this isn't the first time this has been asked and probably will not be the last so I apologize for those who have seen this question asked and answered before.

Basically I am running a Tekkit server locally using the tekkit server 1.1.10 download from the technic website. What I would love to know is how I install additional bukkit plugins to this server? I have done a bit of experimentation but with no luck (creating a "plugins" folder didnt seem to work) In short I would like to use essentials, world edit etc.

Also as a side question: The current Tekkit mod doesn't use industrialcraft - Is there anyway I could install this so it works as well?

The side question is easy to answer. No unfortunately you can't. IC2 never updated to MC 1.5.x and so you have to play Tekkit Lite to get IC2 in a Tekkit pack. Most of the important things from IC2 are possible to do with other mods in Tekkit main. There's a wiki page on the subject.

As for plugins, the Tekkit server package doesn't support Bukkit style plugins out of the box, only Forge mods. Fortunately there's MCPC+ out there that will give you both. Download a "B" build from that link and replace the Tekkit.jar file with it. Yes replace the existing Tekkit.jar it won't break anything. Launch as usual (with the launch.bat/sh preferably) and it will create the plugin directory. After that you can place any Bukkit plugin into the plugin directory and your server will load it.

• 2 weeks later...

The side question is easy to answer. No unfortunately you can't. IC2 never updated to MC 1.5.x and so you have to play Tekkit Lite to get IC2 in a Tekkit pack. Most of the important things from IC2 are possible to do with other mods in Tekkit main. There's a wiki page on the subject.

As for plugins, the Tekkit server package doesn't support Bukkit style plugins out of the box, only Forge mods. Fortunately there's MCPC+ out there that will give you both. Download a "B" build from that link and replace the Tekkit.jar file with it. Yes replace the existing Tekkit.jar it won't break anything. Launch as usual (with the launch.bat/sh preferably) and it will create the plugin directory. After that you can place any Bukkit plugin into the plugin directory and your server will load it.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the info. Got it all working and have a much better understanding now. Cheers

• 5 months later...

I am sorry for bring up a topic from such a long time ago but this is the simplest way that I have found yet it won't work. I am running a Tekkit server 1.2.9e with MC 1.6.4. When I install mcpc-plus-1.6.4-R2.1-forge965-B262.jar it ran up until it was loading the worlds then it got errors.

I then tried putting BukkitForge-latest.jar into my mods and created a plugins folder and the server started up but bukkit did not load.

I have gone through a lot of tutorials with no avail so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for bring up a topic from such a long time ago but this is the simplest way that I have found yet it won't work. I am running a Tekkit server 1.2.9e with MC 1.6.4. When I install mcpc-plus-1.6.4-R2.1-forge965-B262.jar it ran up until it was loading the worlds then it got errors.

I then tried putting BukkitForge-latest.jar into my mods and created a plugins folder and the server started up but bukkit did not load.

I have gone through a lot of tutorials with no avail so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

You got farther than me....

I put "mcpc-plus-1.6.4-R2.1-forge965-B272.jar" into the root server folder and renamed it "Tekkit.jar" and I get an error saying the server was unable to launch when I run the "launch.bat" file

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by whatisblood1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You got farther than me....

I put "mcpc-plus-1.6.4-R2.1-forge965-B272.jar" into the root server folder and renamed it "Tekkit.jar" and I get an error saying the server was unable to launch when I run the "launch.bat" file

Am I doing something wrong?

You need the library files.  The best way is to google cauldron and download the installer from the official website.  Create a new folder on your desktop and run the cauldron installer.  Tell the installer to install the SERVER files into the folder you just created.  Then drag the libraries folder and the cauldron.jar folder into your tekkit server folder.  Finally rename the cauldron file to tekkit.jar and rename the original tekkit.jar into Original.jar.  Then just run the launch.bat :)