Block for measuring Power, where does it come from

TonyVS

Tekkit is all BuildCraft power, just by looking at the block it is reading volts and amps, which is something that is in Volts. I have not seen this block in Tekkit. Also, the wiring is from Volts, that I am sure of. That block is attached to the wiring so I'm not sure it is from Atomic Science.

I have a Fusion reactor setup I want to see how much power I am outputting, I don't care which block gives me the info, I just want to know how to get the info. that first block, could be hexxic, volts, vanilla minecraft, it is the only block I have seen that can give a power measure. something that will tell me MJ/t would be even better

Thanks

2013-12-16_11.07.50.png

Here is OpenP website

http://www.openblocks.info/openperipheral/documentation

local redstoneEnergyCell = peripheral.wrap("left")

Hypno wrote a program that works really well.

http://pastebin.com/GAwupSMA

Watch the video to under stand how it works.

With the amount of power you are producing I don't know how you would be able to find out. Also, you have more then just 2 tesaracks right?

While that's a nifty piece of code and does what it does quite well it won't help much with how much power per tick he's producing. Unfortunately there really isn't a way to do this in Tekkit as far as I know. I don't think the data returned from Open Peripherals when connected to a conduit is of any use for this need. If you don't mind installing another mod for the sake of knowing for sure, look at Ender I/O. It has a power monitor block that works with MJ quite well. Only problem is you might have to rerun your power conduits with EIO's in order for it to work.

To be honest some math would be your best bet. I count 15 turbines facing in the picture, if you built this in a square that would be 225 turbines in all. Each turbine makes 20 MJ(I used the MJ reader on a REC with one large turbine sending it power) a tick (unless you change the config) so that is 4500MJ a tick. WOW...

Hows the anti matter going?

It is 13 x15 at the moment (ran out of coal for steel ingots) the original post said one of those could power 45 large turbines which for this setup could be 225 large turbines. I have 195 and it looks like there is steam to spare. Yea the math is fine, I just like seeing the output, easier to tweak that way, trying little things here, little things there to see improvement. I am just surprised no one has wanted to see this bad enough that no one wrote a block in a mod for it. The antimatter is awesome, it runs 24/7 only have to deal with explosions when the server lags for too long, I get some strange matter then. I have not figured out a way to fully automate strange matter yet but working on it

I usually play in creative to test things like this. I'll use enough empty Redstone Cells so that combined they draw more power than my power source is generating. Then use the meter on one of the input connections to the RECs. They will all have the same average input rate and multiply that by how many RECs you have. It's the best way I've found to test the large amount of power generated by a core like that. And trust me I was testing a lot lol.

But I stumbled onto a discovery. Look at this.

PmVr2XZl.jpg

The Energetic infuser

It is capable of taking 500mj/t and gives a nice meter view in it's info tab. If you put in something that can be charged A LOT like a power suit piece with a maxed out HV battery the infuser will draw a lot of power to charge the item. It's a fairly accurate way to make short runs of your power with very detailed info.