Getting lava out of nether

Stormword456

Alright I need some help. I've got a system going where I pump lava from the nether into tanks, but at the moment I have to go back into the nether every time I need more lava. I've been trying to figure out a way to get the lava out of tanks and into buckets, but I can't find anything that does that can anyone help me with this?

use the Liquid Transposer. I don't often use Tanks, as I prefer Portable Tanks, but I imagine you can attach Tanks to some sort of piping (I'd recommend Liquiducts) and pipe it into the Liquid Transposer. Then insert a bucket and make sure the LT is set to fill (as opposed to empty).

EDIT: for a long while, I'd just use those Portable Tanks and slap one on top of the LT. You right-click with the wrench to put it into 'empty' mode and it'll easily drain right in, provided that face is set to an input for the LT.

There are several ways to get liquid across dimensions.

There's the shoe leather express. Although it sounds like you already discovered that method.

There's Liquid Tesserects and Phazed Pipes which both allow you to create a virtual connection between two blocks/pipes and liquid just flows like it was right next to it. The issue with this is that long term pumping lava from the nether can cause server lag. A dimensional loader would be needed to keep the chunks loaded on both sides. I never had a problem with it by myself on my own little server but your results may vary. Only thing I had to do was move it from time to time.

As weirleader suggested you can use a liquid transposer to fill portable tanks or buckets then place them inside of an Ender Chest. On the receiving end you remove the tanks or buckets and extract with another liquid transposer.

A third possibility would be to use Ender Tanks. It's essentially a tank that can be in multiple locations at once.

I've found the most simple way to do this (which powers 20 magmatic engines without a hiccup) is to use a dimensional anchor, liquiducts, and two ender tanks. Simply pump all the lava from the pump into the ender tank, and head back into the over world and place another ender tank. VoilĂ ! Unlimited lava. Remember to place the dimensional anchor near the pump in the nether in order to keep the nether loaded at all times.