Half-Life

Creepcruncher

Half life was an awesome game. Shame it made me feel ill just by playing it.

It made me a little depressed that the third expansion (decay) was a PlayStation exclusive, but then again it was co-op and not particularly well known. I just wanted to play every Half Life game ever :(

Yeah, I'm pretty sure L4D is a Half Life 2 mod.

It's probably because half of Valve's games are sequels to mods that they bought from the original creators - I think that's how Team Fortress started (although I could be wrong). Dota is another example.

Team fortress (Quake mod) > Team Fortress Classic (Half-Life 1 mod, new, classic gameplay? xD ) > Team Fortress 2 (HL2 mod, uses Source but most of the game is original unlike TFC)

I started writing a slightly worked up response about how wrong you were until I realized you are using > like an arrow instead of a symbol for "greater than"...

Anyways, if anyone hasn't played it yet, go play "Black Mesa", the source remake twotails spoke of.

You sure that's the source remake he was thinking of? I assumed it was Half Life:Source.

But yeah, if you enjoyed Half Life, Black Mesa is incredible. Frankly, it's pretty incredible anyway - it's just a shame that they haven't finished Xen yet.

I started writing a slightly worked up response about how wrong you were until I realized you are using > like an arrow instead of a symbol for "greater than"...

Anyways, if anyone hasn't played it yet, go play "Black Mesa", the source remake twotails spoke of.

no its not.

I was talking about Half-Life: Source.

when you buy it, it comes with Half-Life Deathmatch: Source.

All of Valve's games are mods of half life - even TF2 is run from HL2.exe. When they released Half Life 2, they started modding that instead.

The newer games have their own exe.

like Portal 2, CS:GO if I remember right, Ailen swarm, Dino D-Day, The Stanely Parable, and some others.

My laptop isn't terribly fast, so: Half-Life- Laptop can cope > Half-Life: Source > Might lag a bit > Half Life: Black mesa (Source plus more HD)- Make my laptop explode :c

Half-Life: Source has no texture updates. it's just HL1 in Source, so it should not lag.

There is only 2 reasons I can think of getting it if you have HL1:

1. Half-Life Deathmatch: Source. yes, A dead muti-player game that comes with any payed copy of HLS.

2. Garry's mod. it's in source, so you can play with the assets in Gmod.