Alternatives to omitted mods' destructive weapons?

DanniXSlendar

Being quite inexperienced with the new Tekkit, I have found it difficult in finding a way to efficiently clear out and flatten portion of land near my future factory with the lack of things like the mining laser, diamond drill. destruction catalyst, etc. Do any of the new mod packs added include any possible tools that I could utilize? Thanks in advance, for anyone willing to spot me some advice.

I appreciate everyone's advice, but, @Chefsbrian and @RefFurry, the items you described seem to not be in my save...I am using the 1.5.2 version, if that helps. @Gio^2, you said I would have to install those mods, is that possible without interfering with the synergy of the other mods?

I do know that you can easily install Tinkers Construct without any problems (also in 1.6.4). You will have to disable their ore generation in the config.

Ars Magica however I don't know, haven't tried it yet. But it has some new world gen which is pretty important for the mod.

If compatible with tekkit (I don't know if it is or not) you could try installing TooMuchTNT. There are a few TNT in there that do things like flatten large tracts of land, mine for you, create lava, multiplies blocks, spawns mobs, etc. etc. It would accomplish what you want for sure, if it's compatible.

Kotja mentioned the only viable ways to do it with Tekkit alone. Ars Magica would be introducing outright magic to the technological / industrial theme of Tekkit. IMHO Tinkerer's Construct would be doing the same. If you're looking for something that's "in theme" with Tekkit, I've been poking around with this mod.

I'm pretty sure that it's been said once that "magical" mods don't really matter all that much. Thaumcraft was in Technic SSP, and it was also rather magical. Though I do think Ars Magica would be downright perfect for Hexxit.