Tekkit and Hexxit combined

slayer5934

ATTENTION: Tinkers Construct HAS BEEN RESTORED ^.^

Stable Release v1.09

- BAM WISH GRANTED, TC HAS BEEN RESTORED (Steel only craftable with Blast furnace)

I have made my first modpack; this modpack slams Hexxit and Tekkit together to make Tekxit. In Tekxit you can do everything you already do in hexxit (subtract Artifice >Extra flowers<, Tinkers Construct >Useless things as well as things already possible with IC2<, and Dimensional Doors >Excessive and unfixed crashy glitchy mod<) and have the machines of Tekkit as well as the ability to go to space. You get the point so try it out yourself here - http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/texxit-slaya.252753

I have also setup the server files for download and I have opened a small 12 player server to join if you decide to play Tekxit :)24.163.126.196:25655Tekxit_Screen1.pngTekxit_Screen2.pngTekxit_Screen3.pngPowerconverters.pngPowercrystals Power Converters mod allows the conversion of energy, search for it and learn how it works if you need help with it.

• Moderators

I'll never understand why people are so desperate to get machines in an adventure/exploration-type of modpack. Old habit? Or is everyone sitting ducks inside their forts and too lazy to go out?

Not attempting to mudsling your modpack, OP, I'm positive there are plenty of folks who will want this... I'll just give a link to this thread for anyone who keeps screaming "they shud put buildcraft and tekkit stuff in hexxxit!1" so they can stop crying about it.

Catchy name you got there. Why do I get the feeling this will be broken as hell when I try actually mixing the two?

So what your saying is... I did something impossible by making them work?

EDIT - Why would you say its broken before trying it and seeing its clearly working in the screenshots? Infact my modpack has less crashes if at all than the official Hexxit modpack.

I'll never understand why people are so desperate to get machines in an adventure/exploration-type of modpack. Old habit? Or is everyone sitting ducks inside their forts and too lazy to go out?

Not attempting to mudsling your modpack, OP, I'm positive there are plenty of folks who will want this... I'll just give a link to this thread for anyone who keeps screaming "they shud put buildcraft and tekkit stuff in hexxxit!1" so they can stop crying about it.

Some people have friends that play only tekkit and some that only play just hexxit, so why not combine the two and have both groups happy?

Nicely done, I guess. I can understand your reason for doing this if you want two groups of ppl playing together. But it probably destroys balance in Hexxit though. With rechargable armoursets (IC2 and maybe Power Armor if you have it too), you made almost all loot from dungeons and battletowers redundant. The tech mod armours are kind of op for Hexxit in my experience. Especially with flying so easy available now (battletowers? :/ ) . Also, why would you bother with enchantments on armour now?

You will also notice some weird things. Like loss of durability on Power Armor because of an Infernal Mobs ability. I think Rust ability does this. Making mods work together is the easy part. Making a balanced , well configured and fun modpack with not much redundancy is a lot more work.

What about the people enjoying Tinkers Construct most? If I understand you correctly, you removed it..

Tinkers Construct was causing some crafting issues that ill probably fix later on and add it back in.. This is my first modpack so you guy need to stop the hate .-.

Nicely done, I guess. I can understand your reason for doing this if you want two groups of ppl playing together. But it probably destroys balance in Hexxit though. With rechargable armoursets (IC2 and maybe Power Armor if you have it too), you made almost all loot from dungeons and battletowers redundant. The tech mod armours are kind of op for Hexxit in my experience. Especially with flying so easy available now (battletowers? :/ ) . Also, why would you bother with enchantments on armour now?

You will also notice some weird things. Like loss of durability on Power Armor because of an Infernal Mobs ability. I think Rust ability does this. Making mods work together is the easy part. Making a balanced , well configured and fun modpack with not much redundancy is a lot more work.

Yeahhhh I knowww its my first modpack ever made, thank you for the feedback ill probably fix it later on... If I may ask what do you suggest I should do o:

Yeahhhh I knowww its my first modpack ever made, thank you for the feedback ill probably fix it later on... If I may ask what do you suggest I should do o:

I don't know what you are trying to achieve besides having both groups of friends playing together. For which this kind of works.

Tekkit comes with modular power suits mod though, that will make Battletowers and Better Dungeons maybe a little too easy. Maybe at least set the server difficulty on High ( if you didn't do that yet). Also make sure the Infernal Mobs ability that attacks gear durability is turned off (if you decide to keep power armour). Because it will also destroy power armour. I would remove Modular Power Suits. Because it basically renders Hexxit armour sets mostly useless. And most of enchanting too. Oh and Chocobo's for transport. But that maybe doesn't sit nice with the Tekkit players. IC2's armour is also a problem icm Hexxit.

We used Hexxit as basis and expanded on that theme. I added Thaumcraft (with Thaumic Tinkerer), Mo' Creatures (disabled certain similar mobs in Project Zulu), Carpenter Blocks, Booze Mod, Chisel, Pam's Growthcraft, and some some aesthetic stuff that was requested and which I think didn't interfere (too much) with the Hexxit theme. I also added Railcraft for some automation. It fits better in a lowtech theme and I thought it was a nice idea because in tech modpacks I see it rarely used because of the gazillion types of pipes.

We had a mix of tech with Hexxit before and that is when I noticed the problem of having Modular Power suits in Hexxit. The moment players got that (which is quite early on), the loot in dungeons became mostly useless. Durability loss on armour is important for Hexxit imo.

Very nice. c:

I never really got into Tekkit but I might try this modpack eventually.

Is the modpack very resource demanding on single player?

Also, if you're ever looking for a mod to add extra armor and weapons and what not, you could talk to the creator of the RPG inventory mod.

Just an idea. c:

Very nice. c:

I never really got into Tekkit but I might try this modpack eventually.

Is the modpack very resource demanding on single player?

Also, if you're ever looking for a mod to add extra armor and weapons and what not, you could talk to the creator of the RPG inventory mod.

Just an idea. c:

Alright :) sounds good right now im just lookin for bugs to squash before I start doin extra stuffs

The only thing that turned me off was the no TC, without TC it screams vanilla though 2 hit kill repairer are kind OP its still nice to have.

Im sorry for bursting your bubble :c I had to remove TC because they were conflicting when it comes to crafting.. maybe possibly going to add it back and fix it later on..

I don't know what you are trying to achieve besides having both groups of friends playing together. For which this kind of works.

Tekkit comes with modular power suits mod though, that will make Battletowers and Better Dungeons maybe a little too easy. Maybe at least set the server difficulty on High ( if you didn't do that yet). Also make sure the Infernal Mobs ability that attacks gear durability is turned off (if you decide to keep power armour). Because it will also destroy power armour. I would remove Modular Power Suits. Because it basically renders Hexxit armour sets mostly useless. And most of enchanting too. Oh and Chocobo's for transport. But that maybe doesn't sit nice with the Tekkit players. IC2's armour is also a problem icm Hexxit.

We used Hexxit as basis and expanded on that theme. I added Thaumcraft (with Thaumic Tinkerer), Mo' Creatures (disabled certain similar mobs in Project Zulu), Carpenter Blocks, Booze Mod, Chisel, Pam's Growthcraft, and some some aesthetic stuff that was requested and which I think didn't interfere (too much) with the Hexxit theme. I also added Railcraft for some automation. It fits better in a lowtech theme and I thought it was a nice idea because in tech modpacks I see it rarely used because of the gazillion types of pipes.

We had a mix of tech with Hexxit before and that is when I noticed the problem of having Modular Power suits in Hexxit. The moment players got that (which is quite early on), the loot in dungeons became mostly useless. Durability loss on armour is important for Hexxit imo.

I've been playing for a while and hadnt came accross anything that turns me off really... the damaged armor can easily be fixed using an enchantment table for 3-5 levels (with alot of enchantments) Thank you for the feedback ill try to balance I guess...

I think I might know what might be the problem with Tinker's construct and Artifice, and IC2. It's the Steel Ingot (both T.C. and Artifice) and the Refined Iron from IC2. They both use the same process, putting iron in the furnace. You can disable the steel ingot from artifice and t.c. and let the coke oven to cook your irons to steel. Making more of a challenge for steel, but worth it.

On another side the omnitools mod can change the ingot from one mod to another, so no biggy.

As for Treecapicitator, it is a nice mod, but with Tinker's Construct's Lumberaxe it does the same job for the wood, and the scythe for the leaves. So I will leave it with you to decide on to keep it or remove it.

EDIT: Well, I support your work, I was waiting for a combination on a Tech and Adventure.