How to build HUGE lava storage

Kotja

steel tanks from railcraft (separate mod required) a 7x7x8 tank can hold over 12.5 million milibuckets A millibucket is the smallest unit of liquid measurement in modded Minecraft. A millibucket equals 1/1000th of a bucket of liquid

which is 12,500 buckets of liquid

In case you're going to use different mods I would suggest openblocks tanks.

The contained amount can be configured from the config file, one block is 16 buckets (so 6272 buckets for a 7x7x8) normally but being able to shape the tank as you wish is pretty nice, and they are less buggy than railcraft tanks imho.

In case you're going to use different mods I would suggest openblocks tanks.

The contained amount can be configured from the config file, one block is 16 buckets (so 6272 buckets for a 7x7x8) normally but being able to shape the tank as you wish is pretty nice, and they are less buggy than railcraft tanks imho.

How are rail tanks buggy? we have many on our server and I would like to inform people of issues

Thanks

we have open-block tanks as well because they look cool but the flow animation, if there are many, can lag out a server, so we haven't been advertising them

I found out on my own server (small one, just playing with a few friends).

For whatever reason the multiblock tanks from railcraft would cause a client crash when you got close to them.

I didn't investigate the issue that much as I just removed railcraft (I try not to have redundant mods, and I only used it for the tanks) and used opentanks.

ahh ok, guess they fixed that, I have 7 steel tanks myself and no issues, I only like the tanks myself as well, but another guy likes the train stuff. you mentioned you could edit the open block tanks contained amount can be configured from the config file is there a min/max that the open block tank can be set to?

Not as far as I know. I tried to get them to 160 from 16 and they worked, but I moved them back to 16 as, honestly, I couldn't even tell how much I had left...

I don't know how much more density you may want :P

If he likes train stuff he may want to try traincraft, pretty cool if you like the "train station" vibe :)

Anyway openblocks has a huge amount of very nice things, even if they are unrelated to each other :)