rcmaehl

[Contest][$50 USD] Find the biggest Thread Necro.

We all find ourselves facepalming when some forum noobie necros a dead thread or long dead server back to page 1 on the forums. However, I've wondering, and I bet you've wondered at least one time or another, what is the biggest necro that has ever happened (Length of time wise, not post count wise)? Let's have a Contest and see if we can't have someone find out the answer!

I will be awarding $50 USD (via paypal) to whoever finds this mega necro. Contest ends 2/28/2014 @ Noon (GMT-5).

Rules:

Your own necros do not count.

Necros by forum admins do not count.

Necros that happen after this topic was first posted do not count.

FAQ:

Q: What is a "necro"?

A: Wikitionary can help you with that one: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/thread_necromancy

Rewards:

1st Place: $50 USD

2nd Place: $5 USD

Additional:

If you find a necro that isn't the longest but is still funny feel free to post it for everyone to facepalm at.

My entry:

295 Days, wow.

what

Basically, I'm looking for the the biggest time between two posts on a single topic/thread.

My entry:

I may find others, will edit back here.

464 Days, and this is actually the post that made me decide to start this contest.

Someone reported a post from march of last year a while ago. One that had already been dealt with before. :psyduck:

It even had a public warning on it. :derp:

Someone reported a post from march of last year a while ago. One that had already been dealt with before. :psyduck:

It even had a public warning on it. :derp:

:ughh:

Wait, do I win? Is this still a thing?

(I mean, it's fine if you changed your mind, I wouldn't want to send 50$ to some random dude on the internet either. :P)

Edited by TheBytemaster

Wait, do I win? Is this still a thing?

(I mean, it's fine if you changed your mind, I wouldn't want to send 50$ to some random dude on the internet either. :P)

I'll send you the $50 when I cash my checks tomorrow. I forgot to go to the bank on Friday.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By spruill7716
      Harbor Way is a community driven RP+Economy server. We've been operating since May of 2012, and using the same map for nearly a decade. The modpack is relatively lite, and only aids us in running a select few mods that emulate a classic Minecraft experience with a number of features we'd like to see added. We highly recommend you allocate more RAM to the Technic Launcher before starting the modpack. Minecraft may not respond at first, but please be patient and allow several minutes to load the main menu. Mods installed included:
      -Baby Animals Model Swapper -MrCrayfish Furniture Mod -CodeChickenLib -CustomMobSpawner -CustomNPCs -DrZhark's Mo Creatures -Flans Mod (With Simple Parts & Ye Olde Content Packs) -GalacticCraft -IndustrialCraft 2 -InventoryTweaks -Just Enough Items -JourneyMap -MicdoodleCore -Not Enough Items -OptiFine HD -Pam's HarvestCraft -Reforged Weapons Mods -TreeChopper
      Link to Technic Page: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/harbor-way-server-mod-pack.343241
      Link to Server Website: http://harborwayserver.weebly.com

• By spruill7716
      Harbor Way is a community driven RP+Economy server. We've been operating since May of 2012, and using the same map for nearly a decade. The modpack is relatively lite, and only aids us in running a select few mods that emulate a classic Minecraft experience with a number of features we'd like to see added. We highly recommend you allocate more RAM to the Technic Launcher before starting the modpack. Minecraft may not respond at first, but please be patient and allow several minutes to load the main menu. Mods installed included:
      -Baby Animals Model Swapper -MrCrayfish Furniture Mod -CodeChickenLib -CustomMobSpawner -CustomNPCs -DrZhark's Mo Creatures -Flans Mod (With Simple Parts & Ye Olde Content Packs) -GalacticCraft -IndustrialCraft 2 -InventoryTweaks -Just Enough Items -JourneyMap -MicdoodleCore -Not Enough Items -OptiFine HD -Pam's HarvestCraft -Reforged Weapons Mods -TreeChopper
      Link to Technic Page: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/harbor-way-server-mod-pack.343241
      Link to Server Website: http://harborwayserver.weebly.com

• By Stinkmeaner_
      WELCOME TO MAJORACRAFT!

We are a new server with a custom ModPack that includes fun mods like Witchery, Thermal Expansion, Galactic Craft, Tinkers construct and over 100+ more! 
      with many more additions that will make for a much better and more enjoyable experience
      we are running 24/7, we have an economy, jobs system and a quest/dungeon system that is being worked on
      that will be coming withing the next few weeks.
      our server is now public only with a few small things being worked on.
      with our excellent staff we make for a very unique and a one of a kind towny modpack server that is a Medieval/Fantasy themed with many randomly generator structures.

Server IP - MajoraCraft.serverminer.com
      Teamspeak IP - ts88.gameservers.com:9111
      Server site - http://majoracraftonline.enjin.com/
      Technic modpack link - Majora_Craft
      Server Rules include:
      1. No Racism
      2. Don't Be Rude To Staff or Players
      3. English only in chat
      4. Use common sense
      5. Don't Abuse bugs
      6. Don't beg staff members to be a staff / to get op / for items / or to be put in creative mode.
      Some of many plugins the we include are:
      Towny McMMO ChestShop Silk Spawner TimeIsMoney Supply Crates  and many more
    • By tmoore17
      Hey guys I got a contest here to help put some (more) excitment into your Hexxit gameplay.
      So the Idea is, you get 1 minecraft day (20min) to equip yourself for a raid on a dungeon. This dungeon will be any snow castle you find, though they do vary in dificulty. You are welcome to try other dungeons, as long as you specify that in your results.
      Any and all items are allowed in this contest. But of course you may not use NEI to spawn them. What you can use it for however, is accesing creative mode in order to find a snow castle. Youre score is based on how many kills you get. In order to compete, post this, along with your equipment, best loot found, and tips and tricks you discovered in comments.
      Creativity is advised!
      Using Items like punji sticks or craftable enchants make gameplay easier and more interesting. There are many roads you can take to outfit yourself the best, from sprinting to a village amd murdering the butcher to steal his wares, to raping with a rapier, to raiding other dungeons before you even have to take on the snow castle. Of course you could always go ham, and run into the dungeon screaming incohherently and punching out walkers left and right. Important: You may not use the loot you find in the dungeon, only the items you start with. One exception to this is you can use a new weapon if youre surrent one breaks.

And if any of you look at this and think peice of cake, give yourself 10 minutes and attack the big pirate ship.
    • By PurpleHippo587
      Are YOU in need of a brand new Voltz server?

Are YOU tired of Admins cheating and abusing their own rules?

Sounds like YOU need a reliable and safe server to play on!

Well worry no more! We are here to help!

We are a small and friendly group of people who try to make your Voltz experience unforgettable!

With 24/7 dedicated staff and a seamless, lag free experience, you are guarenteed a good time on the Easy-Money~Easy-Life Voltz server!

Our IP is monsterchase.zapto.org!

Join within the next 2 years and get a free starter kit!

We hope to see you there!
      You will see us there!