im also having problems with wind noise i am unable to do /config as it will not let me please help

Then you need to go to your config files

%AppData% -> Roaming-> .technic-> modpacks-> attack-of-the-bteam-> config-> WeatherMod -> Wind.cfg

I believe there is a dependency, yes. At least that's what the author of tropicraft has stated... I would test this myself, but I am inclined to believe authors when they state that their mod is 'incompatible with X' or 'Will not work without X'.

I am having a problem with editing the config file. I delete the wind config from the weather mod and then I use the technic launcher to play, and the wind config just gets replaced. I was wondering if there was any way I could stop this from happening and delete the config permenently.  

I am having a problem with editing the config file. I delete the wind config from the weather mod and then I use the technic launcher to play, and the wind config just gets replaced. I was wondering if there was any way I could stop this from happening and delete the config permenently.  

It would probably be better to open the .cfg with notepad++ and just turn some of the particle stuff to false and the volwindscale down to 0.0 if the noise is a bother also.