Most common issues and fixes! And known problems

arriej

OMG!!! This actually worked! And I (a non-computerwiz type) did it myself. Thank you soooo much

Glad I could help.

There is no crash report folder when i look through attack-of-the-bteam

Then go to your launcher click the cog and then on logs. Open your most resend log and scroll all the way down. Search for the -----error log ---- thing and copy that to the Ubuntu site.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with losing my world but the world would still be in the folder.

I renamed the world exactly how it was and then logged on.... It worked! 

However, the game crashes every ten seconds and even when i try to use a different version of the game, it still keeps crashing.

Please Help, Thanks 

:-)

I had the same problem with losing my world but the world would still be in the folder.

I renamed the world exactly how it was and then logged on.... It worked! 

However, the game crashes every ten seconds and even when i try to use a different version of the game, it still keeps crashing.

Please Help, Thanks 

:-)

What is the error after you made a new world?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

In case this is not yet clear.

All issues belong in the Tracker! This is NOT the thread where you post issues!

If I find users who posts issues here again I'll start giving warning points for not using the Tracker!

In case this is not yet clear.

All issues belong in the Tracker! This is NOT the thread where you post issues!

If I find users who posts issues here again I'll start giving warning points for not using the Tracker!

Congrats on mod btw ;) just saw that.

• Moderators

I pinned this. I sure hope nobody abuse this good thread by posting "help, my game crashes!".

Issues belong in the Tracker still. This thread exists for posting fixes

Before you read, know that i have a mac.  I am well aware of the differences and can usually figure out how to do something on a mac to the same effect as on a pc.  Assume im using a pc if you know nothing about mac, if you do, awesome!

Anyways, my problem is when i launch AOTBT from the technic launcher, it opens but then closes instantly.  No window appears on screen.  Also, i have had this problem with other mod packs, while some i can launch without issue.  I looked through a bit of the posts and didn't see an issue like this but if you have already solved this, i'd appreciate a link to the page. If not, please get back to me as soon as you can.

thanks,

ASH

for the problem about not being able to update past 1.0.8:

my friend had the same issue and what you need to do is get the java7 64bit

link-  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

just choose the correct platform

p.s. there are two options for each platform I'm not entirely sure but I think both will work if one doesn't work just try the other

Possible fix for start-up failiure, see my comment at: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

for the problem about not being able to update past 1.0.8:

my friend had the same issue and what you need to do is get the java7 64bit

link-  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

just choose the correct platform

p.s. there are two options for each platform I'm not entirely sure but I think both will work if one doesn't work just try the other

Thank you both!

I will add these fixes to the first post.

That's a good point - if the launcher has to choose between an up-to-date but 32-bit version of Java and an old version (1.6 or lower) that's 64-bit, it'll take the 64-bit version.

As a general rule you should remove the old Java versions when you do an update unless you know you need them for something specific as they're fully backward compatible and it avoids missing simple problems exactly like this one.  Updating or installing a new version of java does not remove the old ones.

That's a good point - if the launcher has to choose between an up-to-date but 32-bit version of Java and an old version (1.6 or lower) that's 64-bit, it'll take the 64-bit version.

As a general rule you should remove the old Java versions when you do an update unless you know you need them for something specific as they're fully backward compatible and it avoids missing simple problems exactly like this one.  Updating or installing a new version of java does not remove the old ones.

One report got fixed where a user claimed his parental software blocked the launcher from downloading modpacks. The software was Net Nanny

Added both "Reasons" To the main post. Thanks!