Does anyone know if any of the Galacticraft machines (esp. the Electric Compressor, the Circuit Fabricator and the 'Oxygen tank filler' - the exact name escapes me at the moment) can be automated to any degree?  By personal experience I know they don't play with the ME Networks on any level whatsoever.  In this case I just tried connecting an import bus to pull out the completed items to save me just one step - no love.

I know this is an open invitation to abuse, but - is there anyone out there wiser than I who might have some wisdom to share?  This stuff is so new my own weak Googling efforts have turned up zilch.

Thank you,

Best

Galactic craft machines are the only thing I can't automate and it annoys me to no end LOL, funny though would think this would be the one futuristic mod you could automate everything........sigh

I managed it to fully automate the refilling of oxygen tanks using the ME network and Fuzzy Import/Export busses.

Also had some luck with the electric compressors using a combination of ME and logistic pipes...

Used logistic pipes for filling the resources (e.g. a stack iron and another half stack) and precision import + the redstone signal thing (missing the correct name atm) to get the final product out.

maybe someone has an idea, how to tell the logistic pipes to not send items when a redstone signal is applied... (in that case you won't have to operate the import buses on that signal.

I managed to craft all compressed stuff that way.

Did not try any other GC machines yet...

could you post a picture I would love to see that. yea I forgot about my oxygen setup it has been fully automated for a long while using just the me system

the electric compressors I would love to automate

the Circuit Fabricator would be good to automate too

Edited by TonyVS

ok, here's what I did... (my Webserver is bit slow, so pictures might need a bit to load)

First, the Overviews

Top:

01.png

bottom:

02.png

energy is supplied from the back. (I think it's actually the side of the machines)

the supplier pipe at the top is configured as followed

03.png

(I had to pick the 32 stack out of the machine and insert it back in to get the machine initially start working)

I configured the Import bus to fetch items on low signal

04.png

and the Level Emitter to send a redstone signal if a specified amount of items is in stock

05.png

this should be scalable...

Didn't test what happens if the machines run full and you take out a stack, but I think the machine starts producing again when the import bus starts importing the second stack of items...

oh nice I did that same setup with my bioreactors, sweet thanks

oh an just an fyi if you plug a basic logistic pipe into your me interface it will draw power from your me system and the logistic power junction is not necessary

Edited by TonyVS

While all the automation wizards are gathered here, a quick plug-in question. Is it possible to automate water input into the carbide floodlight from Greg's Lighting? It is quite pretty and I love the idea of feeding it both water and carbide, but the damn thing will not accept any liquid input except water buckets. So the problem would be to auto-fill water buckets and itemduct them into the lamp.

Any ideas?

Okay, the real solution would be for Greg to make the thing accept fluid pipes, but I don't see that coming anytime soon.

I just tried waterproof pipes and fluiducts, and neither will connect. It accepts itemducts, though. Silly as it seems, it requires the water to be supplied as an item, i.e. a water bucket.

Edit: Okay, I was thinking too complicated. A simple TE Fluid Transposer will do the job, and the rest is bucket juggling.

Edited by Curunir

I just tried waterproof pipes and fluiducts, and neither will connect. It accepts itemducts, though. Silly as it seems, it requires the water to be supplied as an item, i.e. a water bucket.

Edit: Okay, I was thinking too complicated. A simple TE Fluid Transposer will do the job, and the rest is bucket juggling.

If you can use ItemDuct or BC's item pipes, just use those to feed to and from the input and outputs of the transposer.

Also, thanks for the ideas how to automate the canisters. Most useful!

Edited by Stone Rhino

Thank you  HeatHunter it works like a charm

@ TonyVS can you tell me how you managed to automate the heavy duty plates tier 1 and 2?

if I use supplier pipes to get the compressed metals into the compressor, it is mostly messing up the pattern. ie. bronze comes in the first row at the 2nd position instead of the third.

Is there a trick to get things in the right pattern?  Doing it directly via Applied Energisitcs with a crafting sheme doesn't work either.

You can also fully automate galacticraft electric compressor with Logistic Pipes and craft on demand the compressed metal needed.

For that you just need a parallel Logistic Pipe network.:

You setup a Provider Pipe from an empty chest and a Supplier Pipe with a Placement Rules upgrade in and defining the two metal in the two first slot. Finally you plug a Logistic Power Junction to power the after chest Pipe Network. 

Then you connect a crafting Pipe on your Electric Compressor and a Satellite Pipe on the chest out of your normal Logistic Pipe Network.

Now when you request a compressed metal : The crafting pipe is requesting the desired ingot and push it in the chest, the supplier pipe is pulling the ingots from the chest and input them in the right place in the electric compressor and then crafting pipe will pull the end product from the compressor.

And voila

edit: I can't figure out how to do it for the circuit fabricator though =/

Edited by M1r077

You can also fully automate galacticraft electric compressor with Logistic Pipes and craft on demand the compressed metal needed.

For that you just need a parallel Logistic Pipe network.:

You setup a Provider Pipe from an empty chest and a Supplier Pipe with a Placement Rules upgrade in and defining the two metal in the two first slot. Finally you plug a Logistic Power Junction to power the after chest Pipe Network. 

Then you connect a crafting Pipe on your Electric Compressor and a Satellite Pipe on the chest out of your normal Logistic Pipe Network.

edit: I can't figure out how to do it for the circuit fabricator though =/

ahh... thanks m8. I didn't knew the Placement Rules card existed. must have missed that update :-)

now its working fine.

I'm not yet at the point to automate the circuit fabricator.

but if im at that point and can find it out, ill be back with updates.

I have a weird behavior with the electrical compressor now:

The recipe is not always the same, some times I have to put the two ingots in the first and second slot and sometimes on the second and third.

It seems to be completely random and therefore the automated compressor get stuck from time to time.

Do someone get a workaround ? 

I have a weird behavior with the electrical compressor now:

The recipe is not always the same, some times I have to put the two ingots in the first and second slot and sometimes on the second and third.

It seems to be completely random and therefore the automated compressor get stuck from time to time.

Do someone get a workaround ? 

When the crafting pipe attempts to put an item into a normal machine, it just throws it in the first available slot.  So, what's happening is the item from the crafting pipe is sometimes getting there before the items from the supplier pipe.  To fix that, use the placement rules upgrade and just set the placement to always put them in the last 2 slots.  That way, there should be no conflicts.

Hi SirLappy,

I think you've misunderstood my issue.

In my setup the crafting pipe is not placing anything in the Electric compressor, it tells to a satellite pipe to put the requested items in a chest. That chest is connected to two different LP networks. Then in the independent network a supplier pipe with a placement rule upgrade is pulling the items from the chest and pushing it in the Electric compressor in specific slots.

My issue is that, sometimes, the compressor is crafting the compressed plate with the items in the first and second slot , sometimes on the second and third, even manually...

I will make a screenshot of my setup if it's still not clear.