Sign in to follow this  
xsizzer

Emeralds

Does anybody know a good and efficient way to get emeralds because i need A LOT and i don't think any of the new biomes have them and its extremely rare to find vanilla biomes.

melt down villagers in a TC smeltery

I have to warn you, this is every bit as callous as it sounds, and it'll make you feel like a bad person.

I significantly increased my production when I discovered that children.. uh.. "output" as much emerald as their adult counterparts, though.

You just found a way to suck the last of the fun out of it for the poor villagers, AO :)

Should provide a reasonable boost to productivity though...

(You win at most evil machine so far, in case you're wondering)

Edited by Loader

Someone already mentioned this but use MFR Auto-Spawners to spawn exact copies of villagers with good trades. (For example; paper for emeralds or wheat for emeralds.) Just use on villager up then kill him and spawn another. Wow, that sounded a lot less evil in my head. ._.

Someone already mentioned this but use MFR Auto-Spawners to spawn exact copies of villagers with good trades. (For example; paper for emeralds or wheat for emeralds.) Just use on villager up then kill him and spawn another. Wow, that sounded a lot less evil in my head. ._.

I do this with a Villager that trades 2 emeralds for 1 skin. I spawn him a bunch, max out all trades, then melt them down. I get EVERYTHING out of them. *Feels the evil scientist within*.

Edited by Turgle

I significantly increased my production when I discovered that children.. uh.. "output" as much emerald as their adult counterparts, though.

Is that so? That should speed up my farm drastically then! No waiting 20 minutes for them to grow up!

Update: Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. :(  My test (on 1.0.9c) had them "producing" 0.03 emeralds. It would take 10 children to equal one melted peasant.

This is a disappointing setback. I'll have to investigate mating rates to see if I can still convince it to come out ahead...

Edited by Targren

I do this with a Villager that trades 2 emeralds for 1 skin. I spawn him a bunch, max out all trades, then melt them down. I get EVERYTHING out of them. *Feels the evil scientist within*

Whoa, calm down there Satan! XD

Yupp. There is a chunk corruption issue with the necromancy building and so most of the village generation is turned off for the time being and will most likely remain that way, since the Bioms of plenty guys don't really seem in the mood to do something about it.

Best way to get your hands on a villager is to buy them of minebay (5 diamonds), put them in a reuseable safari net and then throw em in a MFR autospawner.

Yupp. There is a chunk corruption issue with the necromancy building and so most of the village generation is turned off for the time being and will most likely remain that way, since the Bioms of plenty guys don't really seem in the mood to do something about it.

Best way to get your hands on a villager is to buy them of minebay (5 diamonds), put them in a reuseable safari net and then throw em in a MFR autospawner.

I might also try NOT exact copy origionally to see what else you might be able to get for villager types.