【Hexplore-It Modpack 】〖TechnicSolder〗Creates a beautiful and DANGEROUS world that begs to be explored!!! (。◕‿◕。)

mine_my_own_bizz

Hello and thank you for putting together this mod! I was a big fan of Hexxit when it first came out. I liked how all the new content created a big sense of adventure mixed with survival. It filled a nice in adventure games that has been severely lacking for the past few years, and I think with enough development that Hexxit could have become more popular than Terraria, Starbound, or even Minecraft itself.

Having only played your mod for a little bit, I can already see some major improvements. Biomes and terrain features blend together more naturally, enemies and dungeons are more varied and interesting, and resource distribution has greatly improved!

There's one thing that still bothers me, and it's that the world seems a little too densely packed with content. It's not as bad as Hexxit having back-to-back battle towers or a sea of identical pirate ships, but it's hard to appreciate and digest so much content at once. I think a more conservative balance of content generation world have a lot of benefits on gameplay and overall make the worlds more interesting to explore!

• The world would have a grander sense of scale with more distance between points of interest.
  • Adventuring becomes a more engaging commitment with greater feeling of accomplishment.
  • It creates more emphasis on things like preparation, rationing supplies, and methods of travel the further you are from home.
  • Setting up shelter in camps, houses and other ruins becomes more significant and interesting.
  • The breadth of content is digested at more reasonable pace, extending the longevity of the game.

However my biggest gripe with the mods in Hexxit was the lack of balance on any of the loot tables, monsters, dungeons, chests, items or spells. When your first spawn is next to a village full of free diamond gear, and raiding a nearby battle tower guarded by basic creatures rewards you endgame mats and a rift sword.. it undermines any meaningful sense of character progression.

One of the few examples of good balance was the forge mod. If you followed through the deeper methods of crafting, you would be rewarded with increasingly useful tools. But the power of rare tools did't detract from the relevance of common ones. Even though you could make a molten ardite pickaxe with silk modifiers, an iron pickaxe was still more economically practical for common tasks. Everything had its place.

I think balance is a very important thing. It's what prevents half of your game's content from being alienated while the other half gets burned through too quickly. Hexxit never really attempted to balance the mods that it included, and it turned what could have been a deep and immersive experience into a novelty modpack. I hope you find some way to balance the mods in your pack, because I think the underlying experience of minecraft is much more powerful than games like Terraria, and deserve to be more successful.

Good luck to your modpack and thank you for all the work you have done!

Edited by dizzysoul

Did you Updated the server?

I will be updating the server packs as well. I have tested the updated pack and updated server packs with the current world I have on a my test server and it works just fine.

The Update have IDconflict

It shouldn't have any conflicts that cause any issues.

I would have already posted the update but my host's log-in isn't working today.

Hello and thank you for putting together this mod! I was a big fan of Hexxit when it first came out. I liked how all the new content created a big sense of adventure mixed with survival. It filled a nice in adventure games that has been severely lacking for the past few years, and I think with enough development that Hexxit could have become more popular than Terraria, Starbound, or even Minecraft itself.

Having only played your mod for a little bit, I can already see some major improvements. Biomes and terrain features blend together more naturally, enemies and dungeons are more varied and interesting, and resource distribution has greatly improved!

There's one thing that still bothers me, and it's that the world seems a little too densely packed with content. It's not as bad as Hexxit having back-to-back battle towers or a sea of identical pirate ships, but it's hard to appreciate and digest so much content at once. I think a more conservative balance of content generation world have a lot of benefits on gameplay and overall make the worlds more interesting to explore!

• The world would have a grander sense of scale with more distance between points of interest.
  • Adventuring becomes a more engaging commitment with greater feeling of accomplishment.
  • It creates more emphasis on things like preparation, rationing supplies, and methods of travel the further you are from home.
  • Setting up shelter in camps, houses and other ruins becomes more significant and interesting.
  • The breadth of content is digested at more reasonable pace, extending the longevity of the game.

However my biggest gripe with the mods in Hexxit was the lack of balance on any of the loot tables, monsters, dungeons, chests, items or spells. When your first spawn is next to a village full of free diamond gear, and raiding a nearby battle tower guarded by basic creatures rewards you endgame mats and a rift sword.. it undermines any meaningful sense of character progression.

One of the few examples of good balance was the forge mod. If you followed through the deeper methods of crafting, you would be rewarded with increasingly useful tools. But the power of rare tools did't detract from the relevance of common ones. Even though you could make a molten ardite pickaxe with silk modifiers, an iron pickaxe was still more economically practical for common tasks. Everything had its place.

I think balance is a very important thing. It's what prevents half of your game's content from being alienated while the other half gets burned through too quickly. Hexxit never really attempted to balance the mods that it included, and it turned what could have been a deep and immersive experience into a novelty modpack. I hope you find some way to balance the mods in your pack, because I think the underlying experience of minecraft is much more powerful than games like Terraria, and deserve to be more successful.

Good luck to your modpack and thank you for all the work you have done!

Thank you so much for this response.

I don't have much time to respond at length but let me say that I fully agree with you on all your points. Balancing a pack like this is no easy task. I have been working on it with every update. The one thing I went for in the beginning was to make it so the mobs were so difficult that you needed to be semi-OP.

I have personally configured the battletowers, floating ruins, lootchests etc... As far as world gen that is a little more difficult to get right/balanced, but I hope to have this keep getting better as time goes on.

Pssst... I NEED somone to do the Doom-like Dungeons loot config that is included in the next update as I dont have time.

Let me say this publicly that if anyone changes the configs in a meaningful more balanced way I would gladly include them in future updates.

Update 1.04 is live. Added a few things you will notice RIGHT away!

VERSION 1.04

I added a few fun things as far as the loading screen and start screen go. I also adjusted many configs for better play and varied loot.

^Backpack 1.28.37

^BspkrsCore v5.3

^DimensionalAnchor 57.1.96

^DragonAPI V22

^DyeTrees V22

^ExtraTiC 0.8.0

^Farlanders v1.1c

^GeoStrata V22

^GrimoireofGaia2 1.8.2c

^HardcoreEnderExpansion 1.5a

^ImmibisCore 57.2.0

^ImmibisMicroblocks 57.6.4

^Ironchest 5.4.1.702

^JABBA 1.1.3

^KeithyUtils 1.2 *quick fix

^LycanitesMobsComplete 1.4.11c

^MobiusCore 1.2.1

^MrCrayfish'sFurnitureModv3.2.9.2

^NetherX 1.3

^Opis 1.2.2

^PetBat 1.6.4

^SecretRoomsMod 4.6.2.324

^Shipwrecks v1.6.2

^TinkersConstruct 1.5.5.5

^Waila 1.5.2a

^ZansMinimap 1.6.4

+Custom Branding 1.0.0 for MC 1.6.4

+DoomLikeDungeon-1.2.8-MC1.6.4

+DragonMount r36

+FpsPlus1.6.4_v2

+faithful32pack (RESOURCE PACK)

+HarvestCraftWaila 1.0.3

+Liteloader 1.6.4

+MAtmos r26b

+OptiFine HD_U_D1

+Plant Mega Pack-1.6.4-3.00.08

+SmoothBedrock 1.0.10.75

+Stackie 1.4.2.22

+TiCTooltips 1.1.5

+voxellib_2.1.0_mc1.6.4

+voxelmenu_3.0.7_mc1.6.4

+WailaHarvestability 1.0.1

-Backpacks 1.6.4 - 2.1.1

-Backpackrenderer 1.6.4

-Bcmod 1.6.4 - 2.1.1

-BetterGrassAndLeaves v1.6.4.D

-DeathCounter 2.0.0

-iChunUtil 2.4.0

-Pam's Melon Spawn 1.6.4

-Pam's Random Plants 1.6.4

-MobAmputation 2.0.1

-SpiderPet

-village info

Edited by mine_my_own_bizz

I was trying to play the 1.04 update with a friend right now, using the MCPC+ server. The server crashes after a few minutes of light playing. One of the crashes was so bad, I had to delete the world and start a new one. Here is a copy of my server log file.

Another thing I noticed is that village generation seems to ignore objects generated from other mods, causing them to become deformed. Villages would spawn over battle towers or large trees, on mountains terrain that breaks roads and blocks doors, or sometimes in the middle of the ocean.

The new intro and title screens look great! Everything looks more polished. I like all the new sounds and music.

Edit: The game also crashes in single player after a few minutes of playing. I'm not sure where to find a log file for single player crashes.

Edited by dizzysoul

I was trying to play the 1.04 update with a friend right now, using the MCPC+ server. The server crashes after a few minutes of light playing. One of the crashes was so bad, I had to delete the world and start a new one. Here is a copy of my server log file.

Another thing I noticed is that village generation seems to ignore objects generated from other mods, causing them to become deformed. Villages would spawn over battle towers or large trees, on mountains terrain that breaks roads and blocks doors, or sometimes in the middle of the ocean.

The new intro and title screens look great! Everything looks more polished. I like all the new sounds and music.

Edit: The game also crashes in single player after a few minutes of playing. I'm not sure where to find a log file for single player crashes.

Are you using an old already establish MCPC+ server or are you trying to start a new one?

I have had an MCPC+ server with 11 plugins going since the pack's release and it has been running fine with the updates. Just make sure to replace the correct files (mods and configs) and don't add the client-side only mods. This is the main reason I include/post the changelogs. You can literally just go down the list and knock it out pretty quickly. If you are trying to start a new MCPC+ server make sure to run the server and stop it at least once before playing on it so MCPC+ can create all of the files it needs to. Also make sure you have enough RAM available as I have the launch.bat set to use 1-3GB, you can change that as needed.

The village generation is not something I can do anything about unfortunately it is the way they spawn, same as in vanilla just not as noticeable then.

Glad you like the new intro music and sounds, it was a PAIN to get configured correctly.

Not sure why you would be crashing in SSP. I need logs for that to help much. I test the updates quite a bit for any crash issues before going public. The only crash I have had is when closing a world it gets stuck on the "shutting down internal server" screen. My logs say it is oddly Infernal Mobs that is causing this and I do not want to see that mod go. Since it has been so rare I have kept it.

The pack is heavier then B-team in terms of world gen. I put 3gig to the launcher to make the crashes stop.

This was when I tried the pack the first time. I haven't tried this new update yet but I'm certain it's the same issue

When you first tried the pack it was crashing from a hidden issue with the Highlands mod that has been fixed for some time now. I test this all using the recommended 2GBs, sometimes even 1.5GB just to be safe and have had no problems. The only time I see people having crashes still due to lack of memory is if they are allotting 2GB of their 4GB to Technic and have browsers open, youtube streaming etc... all at the same time.

Are you using an old already establish MCPC+ server or are you trying to start a new one?

I downloaded the MCPC+ 1.04 zip file listed on your mod page and started a brand new server with 4-6GB available. However, I did not stop and restart the server before joining it, so maybe that was the issue! I will try making that change and see if it persists.

The village generation is not something I can do anything about unfortunately it is the way they spawn, same as in vanilla just not as noticeable then.

From what I can tell, there are two different types of villages generated by two separate programs. One village is (probably) generated by vanilla minecraft and has nothing but problems with handling different terrain and other objects. Some mods try to interact with these villages (poorly), others ignore them completely. NPCs either swarm to one specific area and cause lag (or crashing), or wander with no purpose. There are two separate villager trading UIs mixed together and one of them is broken. A lot of features don't work and the loot tables are hilariously unbalanced sometimes (four diamond swords in 5 minutes!). It's just a total mess.

The second type of village is simply amazing. The entire village spawns correctly, with proper roads connecting the various buildings together. Each building has a purpose. The crops and gardens are varied and well placed. NPCs actually go around to gather resources and expand their village. Different villages have relations with each other and either trade or fight. You can build relations with the villagers and interact with an extensive relations and trade UI. Some villagers even offer quests! Village chests are locked to their owners and defended by proper Militia. The villagers have proper day/night cycles. Villagers even get married, have kids and build new houses. It's incredible.

The second type of village is so impressive on it's own, I'd think about getting rid of the first type completely. In fact I think I have done it before in hexxit through a config file somewhere.

Edit2: The included VillageMods config file seems to allow disabling vanilla minecraft villages entirely. The mod Millenaire creates the second types of villages. I'm going to disable the vanilla ones and see what happens.

Edited by dizzysoul

I downloaded the MCPC+ 1.04 zip file listed on your mod page and started a brand new server with 4-6GB available. However, I did not stop and restart the server before joining it so maybe that was the issue! I will try making that change and see if it persists.

From what I can tell, there are two different types of villages generated by two separate programs. One village is (probably) generated by vanilla minecraft and has nothing but problems with handling different terrain and other objects. Some mods try to interact with these villages (poorly), others ignore them completely. NPCs either swarm to one specific area and cause lag (or crashing), or wander with no purpose. There are two separate villager trading UIs mixed together and one of them is broken. A lot of features don't work and the loot tables are hilariously unbalanced sometimes (four diamond swords in 5 minutes!). It's just a total mess.

The second type of village is simply amazing. The entire village spawns correctly, with proper roads connecting the various buildings together. Each building has a purpose. The crops and gardens are varied and well placed. NPCs actually go around to gather resources and expand their village. Different villages have relations with each other and either trade or fight. You can build relations with the villagers and interact with an extensive relations and trade UI. Some villagers even offer quests! Village chests are locked to their owners and defended by proper Militia. The villagers have proper day/night cycles. Villagers even get married, have kids and build new houses. It's incredible.

The second type of village is so impressive on it's own, I'd think about getting rid of the first type completely. In fact I think I have done it before in hexxit through a config file somewhere.

Edit2: The included VillageMods config file seems to allow disabling vanilla minecraft villages entirely. The mod Millenaire creates the second types of villages. I'm going to disable the vanilla ones and see what happens.

Ok, sounds good with the MCPC+ server issue. I can't be much more help with crashes for that though, those would be for the MCPC+ team.

As far as the villages go, I don't know that I am willing to change that config to disable vanilla villages altogether but if your solution works for you, I will pass it on. Keep in mind you will soon start to see Farlander Villages as well that use the vanilla spawning mechanics that you may also dislike. I agree that Millenaire villages are amazing. I have one fully upgraded on my test server. :D

As far as the villagers go... Minecraft Comes Alive changes their GUI quite a bit but does not change the villagers added by other mods like Village Taverns (Bakers, Innskeepers, etc...) Or Tinkers Blue Robed guys, or Gravestone's Mortician guys trading or GUIs. This might be why you feel like the systems don't match up.

Hiya pal, I was just wondering. THe suspense is killing me. What seed did you use for your world with the two villages? if you can't remember, do /seed

Thank you,

~ezrules010 :hchatter:

I wish that I could tell you but I have literally created thousands of worlds while I have worked on this pack. I can say that I have seen this is many worlds though so keep looking and I am sure you will find one soon.

Just an update: I used your advice on stopping/starting the world after generation and things are more stable now. Me and my friend were able to play for an hour or so, with only 1 server crash. I have been able to play by myself for a long time without any crashes.

It also seems I was able to disable vanilla villages, but the leave everything else intact. Other things life dwarf villages and Millenare mod still work fine. I have seen a few Farlander houses as well.

Edited by dizzysoul

Just an update: I used your advice on stopping/starting the world after generation and things are more stable now. Me and my friend were able to play for an hour or so, with only 1 server crash. I have been able to play by myself for a long time without any crashes.

It also seems I was able to disable vanilla villages, but the leave everything else intact. Other things life dwarf villages and Millenare mod still work fine. I have seen a few Farlander houses as well.

Yeah MCPC wth heavily modded MC makes for some headaches for sure.

I can't wait for you to see your first Farlander Village. If you haven't seen them before that is. The newest update added them and they are awesome!

Hiya pal, I was just wondering. THe suspense is killing me. What seed did you use for your world with the two villages? if you can't remember, do /seed

Thank you,

~ezrules010 :hchatter:

Also can someone make a server for this? it would be very fun. Make some kits. AND INSTALL NOCHEAT PLZ! ( on the server if u make it )

Also can someone make a server for this? it would be very fun. Make some kits. AND INSTALL NOCHEAT PLZ! ( on the server if u make it )

The server packs are already built and up for download. I won't be adding plugins etc... Anyone running a server will have to do that. I don't have the time to help make/run servers, sorry.

UeVD9FK.png

bHTalWi.png

Forge Server Pack

Forge Server Download

MCPC+ Server Packs

MCPC+ Server Pack

UeVD9FK.png

Okay so I have been experimenting with adding and removing mods from this pack here are my results:

I removed the doggy talents and pet bat mods. A lot of the functionality of the pets didn't work very well. The dogs were constantly getting stuck, going hungry, or generally inactive during combat. A lot of the commands and talents just didn't work. I didn't try the pet bats specifically, but was tired of seeing that damn book in my inventory all the time.  :goleft:

I added Ars Magika 2, Better Archery, Dynamic Sword Skills, and Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2. After changing a couple IDs to avoid conflicts, everything seems to work together. I'm looking for more mods to adds, and one source of inspiration is the Hexical Future modpack, which also aims to update the Hexxit experience to 1.6.4.

I'll continue trying out more mods to see if they are compatible. having a lot of fun already!

I can't wait for you to see your first Farlander Village.

I came across one while testing out some combat mods. Needless to say, they did not enjoy my visit. The babies were very fast runners.

• Moderators

I like hearing about new undiscovered mods. Especially when users take the time to put the links in.

I'm glad the dev of Mine & Blade is still at it, I thought he left

Okay so I have been experimenting with adding and removing mods from this pack here are my results:

I removed the doggy talents and pet bat mods. A lot of the functionality of the pets didn't work very well. The dogs were constantly getting stuck, going hungry, or generally inactive during combat. A lot of the commands and talents just didn't work. I didn't try the pet bats specifically, but was tired of seeing that damn book in my inventory all the time.  :goleft:

I added Ars Magika 2, Better Archery, Dynamic Sword Skills, and Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2. After changing a couple IDs to avoid conflicts, everything seems to work together. I'm looking for more mods to adds, and one source of inspiration is the Hexical Future modpack, which also aims to update the Hexxit experience to 1.6.4.

I'll continue trying out more mods to see if they are compatible. having a lot of fun already!

I came across one while testing out some combat mods. Needless to say, they did not enjoy my visit. The babies were very fast runners.

I have considered removing both recently as well. They both just really follow my original theme of wanting the player to need mob help to traverse the world safely. The Pet Bat book can be disabled in the configs. Funny, enough Hexplore-It started as me trying to update Hexxit and then the theme I wanted to follow came to mind and i was off and running lol.

These look like decent additions. Ars Magica doesn't follow my theme but is a nice addition. The original Hexplore-It pack had Mine & Blade with it but there was a crash issue if you used your mouse wheel to cycle

I like hearing about new undiscovered mods. Especially when users take the time to put the links in.

I'm glad the dev of Mine & Blade is still at it, I thought he left

The original Hexplore-It pack had Mine & Blade with it but there was a crash issue if you used your mouse wheel to cycle through your inventory. The mod author was reluctant to accept the bug report so I just deleted it and moved on. I will have to check back and see how compatability is now. I would like to see it back in the pack asap.

Edited by mine_my_own_bizz

The original Hexplore-It pack had Mine & Blade with it but there was a crash issue if you used your mouse wheel to cycle through your inventory. The mod author was reluctant to accept the bug report so I just deleted it and moved on. I will have to check back and see how compatability is now. I would like to see it back in the pack asap.

I have not had any crash issues using the mod so far, even with the mouse scrolling. The devs for Mount & Blade are active and have joined forces with the dev fro Asgard shield, meaning that Mount & Blade might be the only mod source for proper shield mechanics for a long time. One thing I have disabled in Mount & Blade is their custom arrows and quivers, because I'm using Better Archery for that purpose.

The new mods that I am trying are Archimede's Ships, Aquaculture, and Harken Scythe. I like the added depth to fishing with Aquaculture, and it seems to work well with no issues. I haven't started building ships or blood harvesting yet, but so far the latter mods appear to be working. Harken Scythe was actually part of the original Hexxit pack, and someone paid $150 to have it updated to 1.6.4. So nice of that guy!

I removed Dynamic Sword Skills, because much as I love the new combat in that mod, it's locked behind something called "Z-Targeting" which is clunky and very frustrating to use. I made a request with the developer to allow people to disable that part of the mod, and I hope he decides to add that functionality, because the rest of the mod is really great.

I have considered removing both recently as well. They both just really follow my original theme of wanting the player to need mob help to traverse the world safely.

I also like the idea of having some sort of companion and I'll do some research on what other pet mods might be out there. My biggest problem with Doggy Talents is the food upkeep. Having to deal with my own hunger is a chore already, but the damn dog must spawn with a tapeworm because food goes right through him. I could deal with the buggy pathing and poor companion AI if it weren't so expensive to do so. It seems drastic to turn off the hunger mechanic completely for pets but that might be the best solution. Feeding your pet should be an optional benefit, not a mandatory punishment.

Edit: I also want to mention that Ars Magika 2 will throw an ID error for the new blocks it introduces, but not for the new items. The mod needs a new ID range specified for all the items to be introduced properly. Currently I'm using the starting range 2585 for blocks and 25000 for items.

Edit 2: I have been testing Archimedes ships and everything seems to work just fine. There are some building guidelines however, and the "Pirate Ship" dungeons do not follow them so they require some in-game modifications before becoming sea worthy. I don't know why pirates keep fire monsters inside their ship, but it sure makes it difficult to commandeer a vessel without burning it down. :-)

Edit 3: I'm starting to get lag issues with all the mods I'm adding. In the interest of science I'm picking apart the server logs to see where the lag is coming from. So far, it looks like a lot of errors are coming from some of the other mods in the pack. Battletowers, Color Portals, and a couple others might be causing chunk corruption which is spamming the server console with lot's of errors. I'm going to keep working on this to see if I can narrow down exactly where the extra lag is coming from.

Edit 4: I did a fresh re install of the modpack and server, and I'm still seeing a lot of errors in the console. It's mainly Battletowers being unable to access its own generated text files, and small amounts of world-gen corruption. The corruption is only with small decorative terrain features spawning in random places, but it happens very frequently. My tick rate latency bounces all over the place. I don't remember it being this bad, so there might be something wrong on my end.

Edit 5: The lag is server side only and I have no issues in single player. I was able to severely reduce the lag, server load, and tick rate latency while increasing performance and multi-core utilization by running the server with these settings (in launch.bat):

mode con cols=120 lines=32766
java -server -Xincgc -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -Xmn512M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp "forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965.jar" -jar "forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965.jar"

This pretty much solved all my lag problems and the server runs silky smooth. Running "mode con cols=120 lines=32766" for debugging is also amazing.

Edit 6: While the lag has been greatly reduced, some errors are still in the console and probably still causing unforeseen problems. For example:

2014-05-23 02:55:28 [INFO] [LegendaryBeasts] Attempting to load data from directory C:UsersDizzysoulAppDataRoaming.tech
nicmodpackshexplore-it_server.worldbeastData

This mod is defining the full system path while still inserting . for a working path. This seems like a bug that could cause the mod to not work properly.

2014-05-23 03:45:40 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Colourful Portals - Error while loading the colourful portals list.

The actual error is much bigger, but basically it says Colorful Portal is having trouble loading one of its config files. It doesn't say where or how, but I'm guessing it's located in the world folder.

2014-05-23 02:54:27 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] [Uncrafter] Found multiple recipes with the same output! ItemID: 21264, Metadata: 6

This warning is spammed for hundreds of items. It might be a false alarm, since uncrafting different objects would break down into the same base materials. However when I checked over the item IDs it was referring to, it pointed to all sorts of stuff that doesn't seem like base materials. I don't know, but probably not a big deal.

2014-05-23 03:12:44 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Wrong location! EntityItem['item.tile.rail'/21441, l='world', x=511.91, y=15.61, z=339.64]

These errors seem like corruption in the chunk generation, and they reference far-away chunks that shouldn't even be generated. I've investigated a few of these and it's always a lone stalagmite underwater or some other small decoration set in the wrong place. Small errors in the generation, but they happen frequently and in unloaded chunks for some reason.

2014-05-23 02:54:24 [INFO] [STDOUT] DRAGONAPI: magicalcrops field not found! seeddropchance 2014-05-23 02:54:24 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: seeddropchance

I haven't tried out magical crops, but I think seeds being unable to drop is a pretty big deal.

2014-05-23 03:15:09 [INFO] [GraveStone] Create entity.mca.EntityVillagerAdult.name's grave at 199x61x-335

Not a bug, but these gravestones are being spammed an awful lot in the console. I don't know how much overhead is added by each gravestone, but hopefully it doesn't gunk up the server. Maybe they despawn after a certain threshold?

Edit 7: I have since added and tested a few new mods. I think Mutant Creatures and Animated Player offer some great additions, while also using the same AnimationAPI. that ties into Lycanites mobs and other mods. The Better Sprinting mod allows me to use standard FPS movement controls, which uses shift to run and control to crouch. No more of that double-tap garbage.

I removed the VoxelMap mod because it has a lot of ridiculous features that are borderline cheating in survival/pvp and impossible to configure through the server. I'm using Rei Minimap instead, which is better configured for survival mode and includes config files for disabling unhealthy features. The creator is also still actively developing the mod.

I added BetterVillages to help improve the (hilariously) bad village generation, and they now look quite impressive. Their road engineers are still defeated by mountains, so I removed those specific biomes from generation. NPCs also still mosh together and look silly, but now they can do it in nice houses and on working roads.

I cut the spawn rate for a lot of dungeons in half, because they were collectively spawning way too often and cluttering the world. It's a short adventure when over a dozen dungeons are just outside your front porch. The beaches were a clusterfuck of pirate ships, floating islands and mermaid hotels. I also drastically cut the spawn rate of Cinders and Lobbers. Any kind of small fire was like opening the gateway to hell. A small patch of lava was a guaranteed Lobber pool party. Pretty crazy stuff. The InfernalMobs mod is also still as unbalanced and unforgiving as it was in hexxit (although I haven't come across the Rust modifier yet.. thank god). I'd like to tackle that balancing nightmare some day.

The chocobos seem to have the same desync and chunk loading issues that drove me crazy in hexxit. I love chocobos, but not so much flying off into an empty void every 5 seconds and rubber-banding back. I'm tired of also starving to death in a field of Gysal Greens. They look like freaking carrots, why can't I eat them!?

Edited by dizzysoul

A bunch of amazing words, feedback, and testing... :D

I do not have time to respond to every part of that but let me publicly say that your contributions are appreciated and noted. I would also like you to private message me somehow to get in better contact. I would love your help if you are willing, since I am usually short on extra time these days. This pack is always a work in process and you seem to share nearly the same vison as me for the pack.