[1.7.10] Remain in Motion - Continuation of Redstone in Motion

planetguy

Hey planetguy,

Thanks for the fork, it's greatly appreciated work! I was wondering, is it a bug or intended feature:

A platform carriage moves a bunch of block, then a block that is moved by the carriage goes in contact directly or indirectly with an immovable/blacklisted block such as bedrock, the result is a stuck carriage, impossible to move away from the immovable block. The only solution is to break a block between the carriage and the immovable block, et voilà the carriage can move again. Maybe the platform carriage should include in its "blocks to move" the blocks from it to air in a straight line, like designed, but also stop before blocks in the blacklist? 

Keep up the good work !

You'll have to use a different motor/engine (template probably) that grabs the blocks in a different way such that it will ignore the bedrock.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, but I can't get it to work :( Might be doing something stupid, but would be very grateful if someone could take a look...

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Oops.

Time: 23/04/14 22:43
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.<init>(ItemStack.java:82)
at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.fmp.HollowCarriagesMod.postInit(HollowCarriagesMod.java:47)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:545)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:704)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:249)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:509)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.<init>(ItemStack.java:82)
at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.fmp.HollowCarriagesMod.postInit(HollowCarriagesMod.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:545)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:704)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:249)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:509)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 80408952 bytes (76 MB) / 445906944 bytes (425 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.4.49.965 Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.965 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
FML{6.4.49.965} [Forge Mod Loader] (minecraftforge-9.11.1.965.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
Forge{9.11.1.965} [Minecraft Forge] (minecraftforge-9.11.1.965.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion{1.1.2} [Remain In Motion] (RemainInMotion_1.1.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_HollowCarriages{1.0} [JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_HollowCarriages] (RemainInMotion_1.1.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Errored
Launched Version: 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965
LWJGL: 2.9.0
OpenGL: GeForce GT 420/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Pack: Default
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Thanks. Got it working with the new version but seemingly only after installing FMP. Also, is there any documentation anywhere on the computercraft API for this mod?

1.1.2 only works without FMP, 1.1.3 only works with it, and the only change is related to FMP or no-FMP use. A bit of a mess... I'll fix it soon but right now I have to run.

btw im just wondering if the config should maybe be called something other than JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion.cfg

lol like RemainInMotion.cfg

It's named JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion.cfg to maintain compatibility with JAKJ's mod. I should probably rename it for the 1.7 ports, but since I took over in the middle of a Minecraft version I'd rather not break compatibility with people's existing worlds.

When I dig any blocks from the mod with a cc turtle, they seem to disappear rather than being dropped or going in inventory. Anyone else with this bug?

Iirc it's because cc turtles don't call the necessary "block break" method(s) that players do when breaking blocks, so it intentionally doesn't drop the block to prevent bugs. Something like that, anyway. CC would have to change for this to be fixed.

As it stands, carriages drop everything if they find a blacklisted block. I can probably add a config property that will make them simply ignore the block and keep going.

That'd be great. As I understand (not an English native) "blacklisted" in other contexts usually mean ignored/not included/not touched, it shouldn't make the carriage trash out.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by rienafairefr

That'd be great. As I understand (not an English native) "blacklisted" in other contexts usually mean ignored/not included/not touched, it shouldn't make the carriage trash out.

Thanks a lot.

Well then, let me give you a short English lesson. "Blacklisted" actually doesn't mean ignored or not touched/included, it's just a method of filtering items out from a list. For example, If I use a blacklist to filter the websites you can get to, and I add "youtube.com" to the blacklist, you will not be able to access "youtube.com". Any other URL will work, as they aren't blacklisted.

Whitelisting on the other hand, works in the opposite way. If I filter your internet with a whitelist, and add "youtube.com" to the whitelist, you will ONLY be able to go to "youtube.com". All other URLs will be disabled by default.

As an analogy, a blacklist is like the US no-fly list.  It lists who is not allowed to fly on airplanes, and everyone else is allowed. A whitelist is like a guest list at a private club. ONLY those who are on the list can get in.

What RiM does after discovering that there is a blacklisted block trying to be moved is another matter entirely. Stopping the carriage when you encounter a blacklisted block is, in my mind, actually a good thing, because it prevents people from pulling out huge cores of the world from above using the platform carriages pointed down toward bedrock.

There are a lot of reasons why you would want to ignore blacklisted blocks though, mining machines near bedrock and such being one of them. Or maybe you want to allow people to pull cores out of the world. A config option is probably the best option here.

I is a sad monkey...  Hollow carrages and Applied Energistics ME cables do not work together.  Probably due to lack of forge multipart support in the ME cables...

planetguy: you are both a scolar and a gentleman for keeping this mod going.  You have my thanks.

Edited by jakalth

1.1.4 seems to work, but it crashed on world unload:

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: codechicken/multipart/TileMultipart

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:156)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverStopping(Loader.java:768)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerStopping(FMLCommonHandler.java:324)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:490)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: codechicken/multipart/TileMultipart
    at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.Core.HandleServerStopping(Core.java:31)
    at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.Mod.ServerStopping(Mod.java:42)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverStopping(Loader.java:767)
    ... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:97)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    ... 31 more

Use 1.1.2 I guess? 1.1.4 seems utterly broken without FMP and I have no idea what's going on - ClassNotFoundErrors referring to FMP classes are thrown in a few places where FMP isn't referenced, and carriages don't render or move properly.

I can't seem to find any useful information regarding the hardmode settings. I am guessing that the power capacity is how much RF the carriages hold, however it may be something completely different. Also I am unsure as to what the power consumption factor does, a few guesses would be that it may change how much RF is used per movement as a percentage 1.0 being 100% of a predetermined amount in the code, however it could also be per block carried by the carriage as a percentage, it may also be a combination of the two. It could also be something simple as how much RF per movement 1.0 being 1 RF per entire carriage. Any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you for continuing this awesome mod.

Sorry about that.

Power capacity is indeed the amount of RF carriages hold.

Power use is calculated by adding up the hardnesses of the blocks being carried, multiplying by the config property, and rounding up to the nearest whole number since RF goes around in whole numbers.

How do you determine the hardness of blocks/where would I be able to find information on the hardness? How I imagine that is that snow/glass/ice sort of blocks would be least RF and obsidian for example would be greatest, however do you account for modded blocks? Octuple compressed cobblestone for ExU comes to mind as well as warded blocks using Thaumcraft warding focus? Thanks for the speedy reply btw.