[1.7.10] Remain in Motion - Continuation of Redstone in Motion

planetguy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another suggestion:

Add support of ForgeMultiParts Covers and Panels for orange carriages. Like it was with RedPower2 frames. :D

Yes, I have nostalgia...

//Need only to wait, until all mods with cables/tubes, make support of ForgeMultiPart for that cables/tubes. So we can "frame" every cable/tube in carriage.

Another suggestion:

Add support of ForgeMultiParts Covers and Panels for orange carriages. Like it was with RedPower2 frames. :D

Yes, I have nostalgia...

//Need only to wait, until all mods with cables/tubes, make support of ForgeMultiPart for that cables/tubes. So we can "frame" every cable/tube in carriage.

I'll see what I can do about it, but adding that capability might get ugly.

Before going in too much detail with logs and versions,

Carrier Engine moves structure 1 block when it gets signal, then never moves anything again untill I destroy it and re-place it.

The other engine that stays put works, just not the one who follows the frame.

Am I the first one to experience this? trying it on 1.7.2

Cheers

Nev,

Edited by Nevvy

snip

Yes, I think I've seen this bug. Sorry about all the bugs in 1.7, the 1.7 port was rather rushed and is still a mess. Between having had no functional porting at all for months, and being about to leave on a week-long trip away from my development environment, I felt like it would be best to just get something out.

Yes, I think I've seen this bug. Sorry about all the bugs in 1.7, the 1.7 port was rather rushed and is still a mess. Between having had no functional porting at all for months, and being about to leave on a week-long trip away from my development environment, I felt like it would be best to just get something out.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not access field addedTileEntityList: NoSuchFieldException
        at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.util.Reflection.getImpl(Reflection.java:115)
        at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.util.Reflection.get(Reflection.java:90)

Maybe need to add the line "map("addedTileEntityList", "field_147484_a");" in ReflectionObfuscated.java?

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not access field addedTileEntityList: NoSuchFieldException
        at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.util.Reflection.getImpl(Reflection.java:115)
        at me.planetguy.remaininmotion.util.Reflection.get(Reflection.java:90)

Maybe need to add the line "map("addedTileEntityList", "field_147484_a");" in ReflectionObfuscated.java?

I missed that, thank you for finding it.

• 3 weeks later...

I get this crash on my dedicated server (1.7.2, bukkit/forge compatible) whenever I try to place any frames in the world. I don't know if you're aware of it or if it's some other mod causing the issue but you may want to take a look. Using version 2.0.1 of RIM. 

Crash report: http://pastebin.com/syFysjPC

Thanks for continuing to update this mod, keep up the good work!

Edited by Morgoth714

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so for anyone having problems as noted above (From the outdated ReflectionObfuscated.class file in the 1.7.2 download, I've placed a patched version of that file here: http://alestan.publicvm.com/bin/ReflectionObfuscated.class.  You can get the patched jar here: http://alestan.publicvm.com/bin/RemainInMotion-2.0.1.jar

Place ReflectionObfuscated.class in the jar in me/planetguy/remaininmotion/util

Edited by lperkins2

helpful patch

Thanks, more eyes are always helpful. What does this change? Do you have the source code for the patch, so I can include it in RemIM?

I'd guess the reflection is broken again by 1.7.10?

Edited by planetguy

• 4 weeks later...

1.7.10 is in progress, mostly crash-free but there is much that doesn't work. I can't give you a hard date, but if you want I can publish a test build of whatever I have.

Edit: I put together a build and it doesn't work. Darn it.

Edited by planetguy

1.7.10 is in progress, mostly crash-free but there is much that doesn't work. I can't give you a hard date, but if you want I can publish a test build of whatever I have.

Edit: I put together a build and it doesn't work. Darn it.

It's ok dude. Take your time. I don't want to rush you or anything. Whenever you finish it is alright with me. I'm just glad to hear that it's still in development. Thank you.  :q:

Hello, 

In my config file, I have the line:

I: Duration on translocation (in ticks): 160

When i switch it to 0 or 1 (to have no delay) it simply stays at 160 in the game but it's still written 0 or 1 in the config file.

Maybe a bug? (I'm in 1.6.4 and the last update of Remain in motion)

Edited by furest

Alright, 1.7 version is getting closer to stability. Version 2.0.1-EXP2 runs on Minecraft 1.7.10, and is less buggy than previous 1.7 builds. (Note: only frame and support carriages are functional.)

Edited by planetguy

The port is all done, as of v2.0.2. Everything works again.

Changes: Instead of a funky hitbox that's hard to walk around on and glitchy, FMP carriages do not collide with anything. Put a microblock if you want to stand somewhere.

Edited by planetguy

First of all, great job. But i have some problems with the carriage controller. I can craft it normally, but if i place it, it turn into a carriage motor immediatly. Does anybody know that problem?

I use the latest version for 1.6.4 with opencomputer v1.3.3.547 and computercraft 1.63.

Edited by Silar

It's possible that CC integration isn't enabled on the server?

New version! Better still, new features! v2.1.0 adds:

+Support for many mods' wrenches, including Buildcraft, IC2, ProjectRed, UE, and Railcraft. Did I miss some you use? Tell me, it's dead simple to add more!

+Support for closing sides of carriage motors/engines/etc. Sneak-clicking them will close the side, after which they will not search for a carriage in that direction.

+Carriage adaptors. These function like carriage drives, except instead of requiring redstone or a computer signal, they pick up adjacent carriages when they are moved by RemIM. (Their sides can be closed, like other drives'.)

+A texture for transduplicators.

• 1 month later...