Hi, new to the Forums.

But anyway. I have a reactors from the Big reactors mod. And it outputs steam quite nicely. The problem is once the steam is in the AE network thanks to Extra cells' ME fluid import bus, how do i get it out into the turbine? With a ME fluid export bus, yes but how am I meant to tell the bus to export the steam into the turbine?

Edited by mm75

well that's a good question. Try filling a florb or portable tank or something with steam and see if you can use that as the filter?

No florb for steam :( But there is a drum from Extra Utilities. That Works! :D

Why not use a tesseract to transfer your steam directly from your reactor to your turbine ?  

I did not think of that... Does it work?

Before everybody starts searching frantically for that drum: Those are only enabled in 1.2.9, so you won't find them in the current recommended build 1.2.8e.

I'm doing it the tesseract way...

having a big reactor to produce steam and 6 turbines on the receiving end that use 1770 mb/t each (so the sending tesseract is receiving 10620 mb/t) this works just fine :)

also you don't have to buffer the steam through your ae network and eventually overflow it that way... just produce nearly the steam you need and directly send it to the turbines...

Tesseracts don't seem to have an upper limit in what they can transfer, but you must not connect them using fluiducts because they have those limits...

Connect them directly and you should be fine ;)

could anyone show me their setup for the reactor and turbine? like a pic or a diagram. Preferably one that generates around 1k-2k rf/t while using less than .1 fuel in the reactor. It would be a lot of help if anyone can do this.

You might try starting with this thread - '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Lots of very good information about reactor designs.  Contained within is a link to a spread sheet with fantastic information about the power output of numerous reactor sizes, fuel layout, coolant types, control rod settings but alas it does not include fuel consumption numbers but in only the most broad sense - the author indicates which design combo per size is the most efficient.

Best

edit - here is an excellent link on the effects of different materials used for the coils/rings in the turbines and their effects on power generation.  Somewhere it should be pinned!  .

edit - this thread (though a little outdated) is excellent and does have some images of turbines.  '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>.

Edited by Silmenume

You might try starting with this thread - '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Lots of very good information about reactor designs.  Contained with is a link to a spread sheet with fantastic information about the power output of numerous reactor sizes, fuel layout, coolant types, control rod settings but alas it does not include fuel consumption numbers but in only the most broad sense - the author indicates which design combo per size is the most efficient.

Best

edit - here is an excellent link on the effects of different materials used for the coils/rings in the turbines and their effects on power generation.  Somewhere it should be pinned!  .

edit - this thread (though a little outdated) is excellent and does have some images of turbines.  '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>.

amazing. thanks!!

Or, if your using a turbine, use a second set of tesseracts to return the water from your turbine too your reactor.  then a single auqeous accumulator is all you'll need to keep your reactor topped off.

Or, if your using a turbine, use a second set of tesseracts to return the water from your turbine too your reactor.  then a single auqeous accumulator is all you'll need to keep your reactor topped off.

Does not give me enough water from some reason... nothing does.

EDIT: nevermind, it works now, but i need like 3-4 auqeous accumulator

Edited by mm75

If you sending all the waste water from your turbine back to your reactor, that alone should make it self sustainable.  But I guess that does require that you have waste water in your turbine to begin with.  You'll need to let the coolant level in your reactor completely fill before turning it on.  let your turbine use the steam produced to fill it's coolant tank, once this is full shut down your reactor and let it's tank fill up again.  once that is done, there should be enough water in the two devices that they can keep each other filled.  Just make sure your turbine is NOT set to dump all waste.  Have it set to only dump the excess waste.  Having it dump all waste works if you use another method to keep your reactor filled.

Reactor steam --> turbine

Turbine water --> reactor

on seperate tesseract channels otherwise they will get steam and water mixed.  You'll need seperate coolant ports for both steam output and water input in your reactor.  and each tesseract is linked with seperate ones on the steam input and waste water output on your turbine.  With that setup, you'll only need a small input of water, going into a third coolant port on your reactor to make sure it stays topped off.  And the extra water input should only be

Other option is as TokiWartooth said.  make an infanite water source.  Place a fluid transfer node directly above it and use transfer pipes to connect that to your reactors coolant input port.  Right click on the fluid transfer node and place at least 32 speed upgrades and 32 mining upgrades in the node, you need to have both upgrades in it.  You might have to make it a full stack of 64 of both if 32 is still not enough.  At 64 of both speed and mining upgrades the transfer node can move up to 8,000mb of water per tick from the infanite water source.

Now i need more help. I am producing almost 20k rf/t. my redstone energy conduits only transmit 10k... is there a different cable?

PS thanks everyone for your help!

Something from Extra Utilities can supposedly carry more, never tried it myself. And Tesseracts, being infinite point-to-point connections, have no limits (but only if connected directly).

You can of course just create more power taps and run several separate main lines with Redstone Energy Conduits and Resonant Energy Cells.

Edited by Curunir

Something from Extra Utilities can supposedly carry more, never tried it myself. And Tesseracts, being infinite point-to-point connections, have no limits (but only if connected directly).

You can of course just create more power taps and run several separate main lines with Redstone Energy Conduits and Resonant Energy Cells.

Alright, thanks i just added separate mains.