raketabefott

Can't reach server problem

Hey Guys!

My friend recently bought Minecraft so we could play Tekkit together. I downloaded the Tekkit Server thingy from the main page, created the server 'n stuff all seemed to be going perfectly when I could connect to my own server.But unfortunately, it says 'Can't reach server' for my friend. We are on the same Hamachi network, he typed in my IP frankly. I tried turning off the firewall but that didn't help neither. Could you guys help me what might be the problem?

Cheers

Turning the firewall completely off is not recommended, you just need to create a port forwarding for the port used by the server (I think 25565 is default).

You also might still have a second firewall running without being aware of it, maybe the Windows built-in one.

Also, I found that using Hamachi for gaming has mixed results. With a Minecraft client hosting and another connecting, a standard internet connection should work fine. Just find out your public IP address and tell it to your friend. Hamachi is chiefly for LAN-only games that won't connect via internet in the first place.

P.S.: By the way, you should make sure that both of you are actually using the Technic Launcher, and also the same version of Tekkit. You should look up which you are using (cogwheel icon in launcher), and tell your friend to use the same. Only matching versions can play together.

Edited by Curunir

hi to everyone 

i have the same problem on the attack of the b-team server

i downloaded the AotBT server and for me personally it works

i start the launch.bat file and the server starts

but my cousin has the famous "can't reach server" thing

we tried all the things, we use hamachi, i did a port forward, i stopped the firewalls

i searched all over the internet and i couldn't find any solution

can somebody give us a solution? :D

thanks a lot :D

EDIT:

risolved the problem

Edited by flo_miron

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Omeruin
      I wasn't going to have this modpack on Technic, but, I want to play with all the chosen mods on there just in case my friends want to join me at anytime.
      ---
      I've uploaded a different modpack before, personal like this one, and it worked out just fine. This one does have wayyy more mods so something different is definitely going on. Downloading the modpack is fine, it is hosted on Dropbox. However, when I try to 'play' the modpack, it loads a few things before Minecraft assets, then waits a bit, the Launcher disappears, and then the launcher reappears; meaning something crashed/is not loading right.
      Here is the crash log from Technic: { https://pastebin.com/rz39VrR3 }
      Any help would be appreciated. I tried to skim through the log myself, but it is definitely confusing for me.
      Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, or that something isn't right, I'm typing as fast as I can before I go to work (I'll be able to respond within 8-9 hours from now).
    • By QuitStealingMyUserName
      Hey folks, I made a modpack, "Title Made To Not Plagiarize" and loaded it with a few different mods. When I install the pack from the Technic Launcher, it seems to download the zip I uploaded to Dropbox, but doesn't seem to actually install the mods. Some of the mods are older versions, but it shouldn't be a problem with most of them. (Here's the link for the file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/iynms0xi9ifl1e2/TMTNPv2.0.1.zip). Any help would be appreciated, and my forge version is forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2847-universal.jar. This is my first modpack so please be forgiving.
    • By TheNick
      I've been having an issue with technic launcher as it won't launch anything, it will simply load then the program refreshes and nothing happens, minecraft by itself can launch just fine with no problems but technic won't for some reason, I've done just about everything including:
      1. Reinstalling Technic
      2. Reinstalling java (64 bit)
      3. Reinstalling Minecraft
      4. snooping around the files
      Technic also doesn't leave me with any error messages, it just flashes and goes back to pretending it never did anything in the first place
      please help
    • By Expresen
      So I am new to mopacks and I have no idea what I'm actually doing but I followed some tutorials on how to do it and I managed to create a modpack that I could run and my mods are in the folder for my modpack. The problem is that whenever I play the mopack in the Technic launcher it only starts up the vanilla version of minecraft and my mods are nowhere to be seen. I did check the modpack options in the technic launcer to see if I could see the mods there, in the folder, and I could, they were all there....

I don't know what the problem is and I would love some help.
      Here is the dropbox link I used to upload the modpack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1nq6botjssakg0/ModpackV1.zip?dl=1
      Here is the modpack download link: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/rt-modpack

If any more info is needed just ask and I'll provide it if I can.
      Thanks in advance! ❤️
    • By Wuggabun
      So I tried to create a server with about 60 different mods and then got this error 
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/entity/EntityPlayerSP
      I really don't know what's causing this problem since I removed all client-side mods from the mods folder. Here's the server's crash report.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
      WARNING: coremods are present:
        SecretRoomsMod-Core (Secret-Rooms-Mod-1.12.2.jar)
        midnight (themidnight-0.3.5.jar)
        MicdoodlePlugin (MicdoodleCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar)
        MalisisCorePlugin (MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar)
      Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge
      // Daisy, daisy...
      Time: 25.10.2019 18:44
      Description: Exception in server tick loop
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/entity/EntityPlayerSP
          at mod.mcreator.mcreator_communistBlock.<clinit>(mcreator_communistBlock.java:78)
          at mod.mcreator.communist.<init>(communist.java:44)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ILanguageAdapter$JavaAdapter.getNewInstance(ILanguageAdapter.java:191)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:599)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
          at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:219)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:197)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
          at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:136)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:593)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:98)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:333)
          at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:125)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:486)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityPlayerSP
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
          ... 39 more
      Caused by: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerException: Exception in class transformer [email protected]85c13de from coremod FMLCorePlugin
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerWrapper.transform(ASMTransformerWrapper.java:260)
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279)
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176)
          ... 41 more
      Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class bud for invalid side SERVER
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer.transform(SideTransformer.java:62)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerWrapper.transform(ASMTransformerWrapper.java:256)
          ... 43 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -- System Details --
      Details:
          Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
          Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
          Java Version: 1.8.0_221, Oracle Corporation
          Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
          Memory: 651275368 bytes (621 MB) / 844627968 bytes (805 MB) up to 1895825408 bytes (1808 MB)
          JVM Flags: 0 total; 
          IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
          FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.5.2838 60 mods loaded, 60 mods active
          States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
          | State | ID                  | Version               | Source                                            | Signature                                |
          |:----- |:------------------- |:--------------------- |:------------------------------------------------- |:---------------------------------------- |
          | LC    | minecraft           | 1.12.2                | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | mcp                 | 9.42                  | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | FML                 | 8.0.99.99             | forge.jar                                         | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
          | LC    | forge               | 14.23.5.2838          | forge.jar                                         | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
          | LC    | micdoodlecore       |                       | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | srm-hooks           | 1.12.2-1.0.0          | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | xijun               | 1.9                   | Bacteria1.12.2_2.0.jar                            | None                                     |
          | LC    | battletowers        | 1.6.4                 | BattleTowers-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | LC    | biomesoplenty       | 7.0.1.2441            | BiomesOPlenty-1.12.2-7.0.1.2441-universal.jar     | None                                     |
          | LC    | bonfires            | 1.2.2                 | Bonfires-1.12.2-1.2.2-16eac59.jar                 | None                                     |
          | LC    | bookshelf           | 2.3.585               | Bookshelf-1.12.2-2.3.585.jar                      | d476d1b22b218a10d845928d1665d45fce301b27 |
          | LC    | buildcraftlib       | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftcore      | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftbuilders  | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcrafttransport | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftsilicon   | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftcompat    | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftenergy    | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftfactory   | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftrobotics  | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | carpentersblocks    | 3.4.0-poc.6           | Carpenter's Blocks v3.4.0-poc.6 - MC 1.12.2.jar   | None                                     |
          | LC    | cfm                 | 6.3.0                 | cfm-6.3.0-mc1.12.2.jar                            | None                                     |
          | LC    | redstoneflux        | 2.1.0                 | RedstoneFlux-1.12-2.1.0.6-universal.jar           | 8a6abf2cb9e141b866580d369ba6548732eff25f |
          | LC    | cofhcore            | 4.6.3                 | CoFHCore-1.12.2-4.6.3.27-universal.jar            | None                                     |
          | LC    | cofhworld           | 1.3.1                 | CoFHWorld-1.12.2-1.3.1.7-universal.jar            | 8a6abf2cb9e141b866580d369ba6548732eff25f |
          | L     | communist           | 1.0.0                 | Communism Mod.jar                                 | None                                     |
          | L     | corpse              | 1.12.2-1.0.0          | Corpse-Mod-1.12.2.jar                             | None                                     |
          | L     | props               | 2.6.3                 | Decocraft-2.6.3_1.12.2.jar                        | None                                     |
          | L     | dimdoors            | 3.0.9+287             | DimensionalDoors-3.0.9-287.jar                    | None                                     |
          | L     | eplus               | 5.0.176               | Enchanting-Plus-Mod-1.12.2.jar                    | None                                     |
          | L     | motnt               | 1.0.1                 | EvenMoreTNT-1.0.1.jar                             | None                                     |
          | L     | galacticraftcore    | 4.0.2.238             | GalacticraftCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar             | None                                     |
          | L     | galacticraftplanets | 4.0.2.238             | Galacticraft-Planets-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar         | None                                     |
          | L     | mjrlegendslib       | 1.12.2-1.1.8          | MJRLegendsLib-1.12.2-1.1.8.jar                    | None                                     |
          | L     | extraplanets        | 1.12.2-0.5.5          | Extra-Planets-Mod-1.12.2.jar                      | None                                     |
          | L     | ichunutil           | 7.2.2                 | iChunUtil-1.12.2-7.2.2.jar                        | None                                     |
          | L     | imsm                | 1.12                  | Instant-Massive-Structures-Mod-1.12.jar           | None                                     |
          | L     | ironchest           | 1.12.2-7.0.67.844     | ironchest-1.12.2-7.0.72.847.jar                   | None                                     |
          | L     | jei                 | 4.15.0.291            | jei_1.12.2-4.15.0.291.jar                         | None                                     |
          | L     | lostcities          | 2.0.21                | lostcities-1.12-2.0.21.jar                        | None                                     |
          | L     | lucky               | 7.6.0                 | Lucky-Block-Mod-1.12.2.zip                        | None                                     |
          | L     | malisiscore         | 1.12.2-6.5.1-SNAPSHOT | MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar                            | None                                     |
          | L     | malisisadvert       | 1.12.2-6.1.0          | MalisisAdvert-Mod-1.12.2.jar                      | None                                     |
          | L     | malisisdoors        | 1.12.2-7.3.0          | MalisisDoors-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | L     | moarores            | 1.1.1                 | Moarores-1.1.1.jar                                | None                                     |
          | L     | moreplanets         | 2.0.21                | More-Planets-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | L     | morph               | 7.1.3                 | Morph-1.12.2-7.1.3.jar                            | None                                     |
          | L     | mutantbeasts        | 0.3.0                 | MutantBeasts-1.12.2-0.3.0.jar                     | None                                     |
          | L     | scp                 | 2.1.1                 | SCP+Lockdown-1.12.2-2.1.1-beta.jar                | None                                     |
          | L     | secretroomsmod      | 5.6.4                 | Secret-Rooms-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | L     | lemonlib            | 1.3.0                 | LemonLib-1.12.2.jar                               | None                                     |
          | L     | statues             | 1.0.1                 | Statues-Rechiseled-Mod-1.12.2.jar                 | None                                     |
          | L     | supertnt            | 1.0.1                 | Super-TNT-Mod-1.12.2.jar                          | None                                     |
          | L     | thermalfoundation   | 2.6.3                 | ThermalFoundation-1.12.2-2.6.3.27-universal.jar   | None                                     |
          | L     | trapcraft           | v2.4.3a               | Trapcraft-Mod-1.12.2.jar                          | None                                     |
          | L     | twilightforest      | 3.9.984               | twilightforest-1.12.2-3.9.984-universal.jar       | None                                     |
          | L     | uteamcore           | 2.2.4.107             | u_team_core-1.12.2-2.2.4.107.jar                  | None                                     |
          | L     | usefulbackpacks     | 1.5.0.23              | Useful-Backpacks-Mod-1.12.2.jar                   | None                                     |
          | L     | worldedit           | 6.1.10-SNAPSHOT       | worldedit-forge-mc1.12.2-6.1.10-SNAPSHOT-dist.jar | None                                     |
          | L     | midnight            | 0.3.5                 | themidnight-0.3.5.jar                             | None                                     |
          Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
      SecretRoomsMod-Core (Secret-Rooms-Mod-1.12.2.jar)
        com.wynprice.secretroomsmod.core.SecretRoomsTransformer
      midnight (themidnight-0.3.5.jar)
        com.mushroom.midnight.core.transformer.MidnightClassTransformer
      MicdoodlePlugin (MicdoodleCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar)
        micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodleTransformer
      MalisisCorePlugin (MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar)

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
          Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'
          Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

What can I do to fix this problem.